New Lounge #136

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We reached 30 posts so thought I'd start a new Lounge.

Yes, Leah, we must have been posting at the same time. Sorry I missed yours. Wish you had energy to fix treats too. That used to be my favorite thing at this time of year. I have Christmas star cookie cutters and Star of David cutters. Snowflake shaped cookies done in blue with white and silver decorations are lovely too. What I miss most is making Pizzelles. I have both an electric and hand irons. The hand irons make thinner and more beautiful pizzelles. The kids will fight over those when I'm gone. Mine are especially beautiful.

We had a whole little town of Italians not far from where I grew up. They originally worked in the coal mines outside of town. Many got black lung disease. By the time they realized what it was and that respiratory caution wasn't taken (this was waaaaay back when), it was too late. I worked at a clinic in the insurance office and handled some of their claims. They were the sweetest older people. I'm sure they are all dead now. There was a couple of Italian restaurants there and people drove from all over to eat there. There was a hardware store which carried the fancy pizzelle irons and I got one of each design. I think I have four of them, including one with a ruffled edge. Only problem is that they work best on a gas stove. An electric one will work but I now have a glass top and doubt they will work on it. I could buy one of those little hot plates just for pizzelles. Now if I could just plug myself in for some energy...

Pam, it will go really fast when they start framing your house. An address--how exciting. Back when I was married, we watched our house going up and took pictures. That was, in some ways, one of the happiest times of my life. The weather for construction should be great from now on. This rain, this late, is unusual for us. I'm glad to have it.

Granni, I don't do cards any more. It's just another victim of my illnesses. I don't decorate, don't bake, don't make candy, don't send cards and only go to a couple of parties. I admire you for keeping up the tradition. We have a party at the pool Sat. but I don't think I'll go as I'm still not up to par and they don't know what's wrong with me. Could be some form of contageous infection.

Tweety has been spending a lot of time sleeping with me. She even curls up with me in bed--something new. I think she's growing into a helper/healer role spiritually. I want to get better so I can shop for some things for the kitties for Christmas. They could use new collars and some treats. They seem to have lost their kittenish desire to play with toys. Now, they play outside, racing up the trees and around the lawn. Tweety can turn around on tree trunks upside down, like a gecko (maybe that's were she learned it) to taunt the dogs. Sylvester loves an old rescue dog of a friend of mine. When he sees his doggy friend, he rubs up against him. They are great friends. I am praying that Jeff, the cats' legal guardian, gives up on moving.

I feed both kitties on shrimp;
    Sylvester has a slight limp.

He said with a grin,
    "I'm not getting thin;

At this rate, I'll become a blimp."

Rock, we need you for your excellent puns. I'll bet you could put me to shame with poems on animals and their food.

Love to everyone.

Love, Mikie
  2. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

I don't gots no oomph either, Diane. If I played the tuba I'd be
    restricted to just the "pa" part. My brother in Oregon sent me
    some Christmas cartoons. One showed a cat just delighted with
    its new scratching post. It was really a Christmas tree.

Mikie, I looked up pizzelles some time back. Can't remember what
    I learned though. Your Sylvester verse is the cat's meow. You
    got the rhythm and you the rhyme. You should do it all the time.

I think it was James Thurber who wrote a buncha a short animal
    rhymes half a century ago. Or wait, maybe it was Ogden Nash.
    I can't remember much of anything anymore.

Just read in the news about some lady who reported that her
    driveway was stolen. It was the actually the pavers that were
    swiped. Lately I've just been shufflin' around feeling depressed
    and half dead. I feel like most of my life was stolen.

Another 4 days of rain coming. I brought Zippy in this morning.
    I fell asleep on the sofa. He made a deposit on the rug. Guess
    he's just gonna havta stay in the back porch were we have the
    linoleum to keep some control ah 'im.

Hugs to everydobby

Rock

3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

but wanted to say HI and also I loved Mikie's poem. Does Sylvester really love shrimp? If so smart kitty. Both DH and I love shrimp - - -mmmm.

Hi to Frieda, Diane, Rock and Everyone else I can't remember at the moment. Hope everyone is feeling well today. I'm the same as usual but need to rest a bit before we go to another wine tasting party tonight. Might get a lot of wine but lots of food. Just like Sylvester I may also become a blimp !

Need to go do some more Christmas prep. Went shopping this morning and found a really good buy on scrubs for daughter. Hope she likes them and that she will be needing them soon. The temp place she is at now I THINK uses them.

Love,
    Granni

4. bct

bct Member

Seems that we are all under the weather! Bur then I guess that's why we are here. My tummy feels bloated, and I feel queasy. Hope I'm not coming down with the "bug" that so many have been talking about.

I read that every human has about 3lbs of bacteria and viruses in their body systems. There are specific ones that live only in the ears, for example. Most of them are beneficial bacteria (or unknown) unless they get out of control. Enough of this. I was a little freaked out when I first read this!

Jole, I hope Jessi is doing ok. Did the vet rule out Demodex mite infection? I've had dogs that got this before, with pretty much the same symptoms you ascribe to Jessi. The don't respond to anti-biotics; you have to put a miticidal cream on them. Hope all goes well at her next vet visit.

I'm sore form picking our persimmons. I was up on a ladder in the tree yesterday with a rake, twisting and turning to get the darn things off the tree. They don't want to be picked! I called it quits after about 20, and may leave the rest for the birds! They are so very good!

Rock, albondigas soup sure sounds good. I've only had it canned a few times, never fresh or homemade . You are so lucky! I'd never heard of Pistachio cake before. Hmmm. Meanwhile R and I have been eating oodles of roasted salted pistachios! Also, I've gone nuts eating Thai curry spiced cashews -- too spicy for Richard.

Leah, I think I'll go shopping for some socks too. My feet get so cold I even have to wear some in bed. Darn peripheral neuropathy! Darn, darn, darn! Hope I don't get banned for cussing! Maybe I was talking about knitted socks!

Love to all before I faint,
    Barry.

PS.. Glad to meet you Granni! And Pam, thanks for the updates on "our" new house:). Mikie, your red spot interests me and I have been following your reports on same.

Over, and pass out.

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

So glad to see so many of our Loungers posting despite most of us feeling like crap. Yes, I said, "CRAP." I may get banned for bad language. I don't know about y'all but when I get sick of feeling depressed about being sick all the time, I get angry. This is nothin' compared to what I say in private. I must have been a sailor in another life :)

Diane, so glad you had a good doc appt. Hope the ABX helps. As I posted, I just got off Bactrim for my sinusitis. It appeared when the bullseye rash appeared. BTW, there is a drug called, Cozaar, and there is a generic, Losartan. It isn't strong enough by itself to lower blood pressure but it works with other BP meds and, in studies, it reduced the incidence of strokes and heart attacks by 16 percent. I take my BP meds during the day and the Losartan at bedtime. I no longer need three Clonidine pills a day to keep my BP in the 120's over 70's. Two now do the trick. Clonidine has side effects, the worse being that it decreases norepinephrine in the brain, causing interrupted sleep and mood swings. Over time, I've adjusted. The Losartan doesn't seem to have any side effects for me. Only having to take two Clonidine seems to have helped with the side effects.

Rock, thanks for your funny poem. I knew you would shine at it. Wish you could write a column or blog. Your wildly offbeat sense of humor would cheer up so many. I'm just glad you cheer us up. Wish I could cheer you up. I've been sick 22 yrs. but most of my life was stolen 12, almost 13, yrs. ago. I've found that I cherish the things I can still do when I feel up to doing them. Each treatment I've done which has improved my lot is temporary until the next illness comes along. Still, I feel blessed and know that others suffer far more than I. How old is Zippy? So many dogs just can't hold it inside when they get older. My beloved Taffy ruined the carpet in our home. I'm still laughing at the woman who had her driveway stolen. Guess I'd rather have my driveway stolen than my life but, hey, I'll take a good laugh any day.

Back when my kids were home and we had big trees, our cats would always climb them. One dog ate one of the glass balls. The dog poop in the yard was most festive. That dog had a cast-iron gut. No bleeding, just glitter. My daughter offered, without my knowledge, to take care of my DSIL's brother's cat that he was sitting for Ricky Schroeder. Remember him? Well, seems the cat was a kitty celebrity in his own right and had starred in commercials. He sprayed our tree and got it all over the beautiful tree skirt. It stank to high heaven. I told my daughter that if the cat didn't go back to her friend, he was going to the pound. She cried, "But, Mom, he's a star!" The friend picked him up. One would think if he did commercials, there would be enough money to have him neutered. I had seen the commercials and I gotta tell ya, I wasn't impressed! Not everyone "goes Hollywood."

Pizzelles (pronounced, pit-zell-ays, with a long a sound) are thin cookie/waffles often flavored with anise. It's OK to leave off the end long a sound too. The batter is all flour, eggs and butter--very rich and delicious, although, some people don't like them. If one uses a hand iron, they are a LOT of work. They can be rolled up while warm and filled with whipped cream and candied fruit or chocolate. I may go over to The Cape and just buy some, along with Panetone bread/cake. It makes delicious French toast. The Cape has a lot of great ethnic restaurants and stores.

Leah, yes, it's very nice to see Tweety turn into such a healing spirit. I am laughing about the talk of scratching posts. I bought a very chic scratching post for her and Sylvester. Neither will touch it unless I drag a toy across it or rub catnip into the sisal rope which winds around the cone. Jeff gets a wild hair every year or so and wants to move. This time, though, he has gotten preapproved for a loan and is looking at houses. In order to make it work, though, he will have to get too much for his unit and it doesn't show well with fish tanks lining the walls. I'm not sure the cats will stay if moved and he is allergic to them so can't keep them in. I don't think he would consider leaving them with me but I'll ask if he does move. His good friend, next door, loves them as much as I.

I'm going to post this "W&P" because I'm not done and don't want to lost it all.

Love, Mikie
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Granni, yes, both cats loooove shrimp. I keep a bag of frozen cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp just for them. I take a few out and keep in the fridge. I can run some warm water over them to take the chill off and cut them up in small pieces. Sylvester was born with webbed toes on one foot and it has no claws. He can climb trees and run on it but he holds it up sometimes so it must bother him. Vet said nothing to be done for it. Mmmmm, wine tasting. I love to try new wines and if there is cheese and crackers, so much the better. Enjoy yourself.

Barry, I'm so very sorry you are so sick and weak. Seems that none of us is at our best right now. Isn't that about par for the holidays? Thanks for following my red spot. Dummies put adhesive on it and when I pulled it off, it just about tore part of my face off. I washed it as instructed, put some petroleum jelly on the suture and covered it with a Telfa pad and the tape outside the rash itself. This morning, it was burning and itching so I used my healing blue light on it and used the steroidal salve my doc originally gave me. It took some of the redness out of it before it got so large. This morning, it looked red and angry. Yikes! Don't think it's Lupus or Lyme; just want it to go away.

I've read that our bodies are covered in bacteria, some of it harmless, some harmful, and some helpful. Most of us have Staph on our skin but our immune systems keep it under control. I also read that the average person "gets" cancer 200 times a day but that the immune system destroys the cancer cells. When a person gets a tumor, or other form of cancer, it's a failure of the immune system to destroy the original cancerous cell.

Saw where some of y'all are buying new snuggly socks. They sell some infused with aloe vera and they are reaaaally soft. I used to wear them with my Sketchers at work and my feet were soooo comfy. I file the rough skin on my heels and then put the Gold Bond salve in the blue tube on my feet. I cover them with soft socks and keep them on all night. I sleep better in a cold room with warm feet.

Well, it's bad enough to inflict one "W&P" on everyone. It's downright cruel and unusual punishment to do it twice in one sitting. So, that said, I'll spare y'all the bad poetry. Sending warm, healing hugs to everyone. Rest up and feel better.

Love, Mikie
  7. jole

jole Member

Thank you so much for the info, Barry. I looked up the Demodex mite infection, and the pictures of the dogs' noses look exactly like Jessi's. Nothing anywhere else on her body, thank goodness. I'd never heard of it before....you would have thought our vet would have though!

Short post today. In pain, as all of us are after the loss of those precious little children. hard to wrap my mind around.

Hugs to all.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/14/2012]
  8. bct

bct Member

But I want to say hello to everyone and give a hug.

Jole, I hope that the mite problem is the case with your dog. Pretty easily treated, but takes some time. The mites have to die off first, and then the hair should grow back. I hope this is the problem with Jessi, because a relatively easy fix.

Jamin-- Thanks for the info. I have been treating my PN with alpha-lipoic acid, 300 mgs bid. Has done wonders. I was able to reduce my neurontin from 2700 mgs a day to 900 mgs. A significant improvement! My oncologist recommended this -- the ALA.

I've just finished cooking up a batch of shrimp mushrooms (Russula xerampelina) that I picked in the woods. Yum!

And now to read,
    Perchance to dream....

Love to All,
    Barry

9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just heard from the doc's office that what I have is a fungus but is not ringworm. Wish my zapper were still working as it would help the healing. I have to either send it in to be fixed or get a new one. New Hulda Clark zappers are $400, double what I paid for the one I have. I'm going to e-mail her with the model number and ask if it can be repaired. They are very good about that.

I'm just hearing about the horrible shooting at the school in Conn. My heart is breaking for the families. I hope that now, politicians will stop catering to the NRA and pass some anti-assault weapons laws, including big clips which hold so many rounds. No civilians need those. We need better background checks too. It won't stop all shootings but, it's a start.

So many of us have been sick or feeling so down lately. I continue to keep us in my prayers. This online family is what keeps us going much of the time. I am so very thankful for each and every one of you. You make my days so much better. The wit and intelligence, the humor and silliness, and the support and suggestions are priceless.

Love, Mikie
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I had done some long-term financial planning and decided I need to go into an austerity mode in 2013. So, that means I only have 10 days in normal mode :) I hadn't planned on a spending spree between now and New Year's but I have wanted a Kindle Fire HD. It is the Today's Special on HSN. It is more than the usual one but it has mega storage and two antennae for faster loading on wi-fi. The best part is that S&H are free, it is guaranteed to get here by the 24th, and I get 9 months to pay it off interest free.

As I was ordering, they had two sonic toothbrushes for $19.99 with free S&H. I need a new toothbrush after all this illness so it was perfect. I also ordered five extra brush heads. The best part is that they come with a cover for travel. One is zebra print and the other is red cobra print. That's just icing on the cake. Until I'm over this crud, I'm soaking my toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide.

I'm looking forward to tightening up my budget next year to save for old age and try to pay off my mortgage. I won't feel deprived now that I have the Kindle. I've wanted to build a spreadpage for budgeting but haven't used a spreadsheet since Lotus 123. The boilerplate ones they have aren't useful for me. I need one which shows budget, actual, and variance for each line item monthly and YTD. That will give me a very accurate idea of where I am.

My red spot seems a bit lighter but is starting to itch. Hope it goes away FAST! I called my friend here and told her I wouldn't be at tomorrow's Christmas party at the pool and not to expect any cookies from this Keebler Elf. Good news--she said she thinks Tweety's and Sylvester's guardian, Daddy Jeff, has given up on moving. Yea! I love those cats. I need to go shopping for some small gifts for them from their Auntie Mikie.

OK, I'm off the board and going to shut off HSN. It's just that everywhere on TV, it's all about the horrific shooting at the school. I've suffered from my illnesses but I've never suffered the pain that those families are going through right now. I can't even imagine... Prayers going up.

Love, Mikie
  11. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Diane - I just wanted to mention that I am on Lozartan w/ HCTZ and Verapamil. I take a pretty strong dosage but have also found that extra Magnesium to be helpful, at least for me. Hope the Lisinopril helps you. I think I may have been on that one at one time or another. I have been on quite a variety since this whol thing started with the pain, etc. from FM. My dad also had a problem with hi b/p.

As far as watching all the news coverage of that horrific school shooting. It probably would be best not to watch it or very much of it. If you have problems with depression that is not a good thing. I don't really have the depression but I have gotten so I can;t stand to much stress, of any kind. Just watching a little bit of that stuff can get me choked up and blue. It is horrible and I guess intriguing to some degree but just to sad. I really haven't watched a whole lot of it myself. I do think about it thought and pray for those poor souls, very young and old and people left behind.

Hope you are feeling better. Sorry also about the Steelers. You and Kevin must be frustrated at them. I know how thta goes. This year the Texans are doing something right but if we at least get into the finals and win a playoff game, it will be much better than we have done.

MMMM- Kevin can come here and try and help me make some soup. It sounds wonderful but I usually don't get much help in the cooking department.

Hi to everydobby else too. FREIDA - Hope you are feeling not to badly. Thinking of you, JOLE, ROCK, PAM,and all that I may have missed. Sorry but my brain is not to with it today.

Who is moving or getting ready too?? Was that PAM?? . I don't even want to think of that for a long time and I will need HELP !!

Love to you all,
    Granni
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

To everyone. I hope everyone is starting to feel better following the horrible shooting. It's hard for us to watch the news sometimes when we feel so awful to begin with.

I've not felt well since the dreaded fungal infection and the rash, the size of Texas, on my face. In addition, I've left a paper not and a voicemail for the PA requesting an oral med and have heard Jack. I get the suture out tomorrow so will address that then. I like this woman but believe she has not been responsive. BTW, it is getting better; I'm taking colloidal silver and dabbing it on the rash.

Sending my love and hugs and, especially, my prayers for peace for y'all during the hectic holliday season which, as it turns out, is also a very sad season this year.

Love, Mikie
  13. jole

jole Member

Hubby took Jessi back to the vet yesterday. He says definitely not Demodex infection. He still thinks it's an immune system problem, so put her on more meds for another 20 days. She was so happy to be back home! And of course had to get lots of attention :)

MIL is doing really well. At this point, with probably a week left of therapy, we're starting to think she may go back home......if she'll promise all of us that her walker will be used at all times, and we'll all fix meals for her freezer so she can just warm them up and eat.

Talked to my sis yesterday. They had Christmas with their kids this last weekend. She was totally exhausted afterward, but happy she's still walking. She knows next year will be an entirely different story for her, yet to unfold.

I can't seem to get past the horrible exhaustion, and am getting really tired of the bed and recliner. My appointment with the rheumatologist (new one) is tomorrow. Like most of us, I have no high expectations. I'm hoping hubby goes into the room with me.......sometimes I feel they find what we say more 'believable' if someone's along. Hubby never says a word, though, so not a big 'backup' there..lol.

I appreciate all of you so much, and hope your day goes well. Hugs...
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm always so sorry to read when anyone is soooo fatigued. I know very well how that feels. Barb informed me today that I might feel better if I had someplace I had to go or a schedule to get me out of my home. Oy! The woman has NO idea of what we deal with.

Sending all my best wishes for blessed energy and wellness for us all.

My rash is definitely better. I got a snippy voicemail that there was no way they would Rx something else for me and I was to continue using the salve. Right in the patient info, it states that if the salve causes redness and irritation, burning, and severe itching, one should discontinue its use and call one's doc. That's what I did and was totally ignored and given bogus info. I will definitely tell the doc that I'm not going to use the salve and will continue using the colloidal unless they can offer something else. I used to like this woman but am not a happy camper now. I don't like attitude.

The important thing is that it's getting better and I'm thankful for that. I'll try to get back when I can address each post.

Love, Mikie
  15. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Sorry you all seem to be doing poorly.Take good care of yourselves.I have been reading and two of my posts went poof so I hope this makes it.Doing ok progress is being made on the house but not fast enough for hus.Lily got a haircut and came back with a pretty Santa bow in her hair.She knew she looked good.Good health to everyone.
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Diane, so sorry to hear about your computer. I just hate it when my doesn't work right or I lose things on it. Hope it's fixed once and for all now.

Pam, sorry you lost posts. Glad the house is moving along. My pups always knew they looked good when they came home from the groomer.

I had quite a day. Saw the doc/PA this morning and she removed the tiny suture. She had a fit that I was using colloidal silver even though she didn't know anything about it. I couldn't use that old salve; what was I to do? She prescribed a new salve. I went to Target and they didn't have it. I went to CVS and the doc forgot to put on the Rx whether it was 1% or 2% so I had to wait until they called her and left a message and return later. So, Barb and I went to lunch and shopped at Bealls. I needed a case for the new Kindle and got a $40 one for $17.

On the way home, the check engine light came on in my car. It was running fine so I drove it to the dealership. After an hour, the service tech told me that a sensor on one of the cylinders was letting too much fuel into the air/fuel mix in the combustion chamber so it was running too rich on one cylinder. If it's not fixed, it will cause all kinds of expensive problems down the road. I have to take it back tomorrow and it's going to be a $400 bill. Yikes!

On the way home, I stopped to pick up the new slave and it was $92! This has been one expensive day. I just hope the new stuff works without the side effects the other one had. The rash is already much better because I've been using the colloidal silver and the blue healing light I have. She doesn't believe in that either. These narrow-minded docs with no use for alternative healing. Drive me nuts. So far, this rash has cost me $187. This woman used to be nice but she is certainly getting a lot of tude lately.

I feel lucky that I can pay for everything. It's putting a big dent in my budget but it won't bankrupt me. I told Barb that my New Year austerity program just started today! When you drive an old car, you have to expect, and budget for, repairs.

This has just been one of those days when bad stuff happened out of the blue. I don't want to have to get up early to take the car in but it's better if I take it in early because they have to wait for the engine to cool down before they can start. it's been cool in the mornings. I could take my laptop and use their wi-fi but I think I'll just take some reading material. It'll take a couple of hours to fix.

The service tech was new; he's from Puerto Rico with a very strong accent. He was very patient and sweet explaining the whole thing. It's a good thing I know how internal combustion engines work because, otherwise, I don't think I could have gotten it. I have noticed that my car seems to have been using more gas than usual. Now, I know why. Thank God for the sensors which alert us to the problem before it can do damage. Heck, when I flew the little Cessnas, I leaned out the fuel by hand, depending on the altitude. Glad there are computers to do that in cars.

I hope this is the last of the repairs for a while. I feel beat up. Too much "life" coming at me all at once. I need to clean the condo but haven't had the time or health to do it. I have to watch "Hoarders" so I feel better about it :)

I hope our MIA are gone because they feel well and are busy. For those who are not, I send healing hugs and wishes for feeling better. For everyone, I send love and prayers.

Love, Mikie
  17. jole

jole Member

for all the good thoughts today :) After almost wanting to back out on 'just another specialist', this Doc was wonderful! Don't know about smart, but he totally 'gets' FM/CFS, and as soon as I said that's what I was sent to him for, he immediately started asking direct questions. I was so shocked, especially after the last one that wouldn't listen, and ended up yelling at me.

He even asked me if I could hold up my arms for a significant period of time, and when I said it took me three tries to curl my hair on a good day, he just nodded, like he really understood. Since my PCP hasn't done any significant blood work on me lately, he ran tests for Lupus, arthritis, Hepatitis C, and a CPK. Must have been a couple more ordered also...7 vials of blood.

He said he expects them to all come back negative, of course, then we'll go from there. Did give me a script for Neurontin, which I'd taken before, and said he wasn't suprised I have so many med reactions. Will do an exercise CPK if this one comes back negative, to check muscle damage, then 'may' to a muscle biopsy if he feels it's needed. So many diseases with the muscles. The macrocytosis wasn't discussed this time, but he knows I have it. Enough for one visit, and I'm actually looking forward to seeing him again in 4 months. (He's booked solid until then...just here once or twice a month from the big city) It just seems so strange that none of this has been rechecked (or checked at all) in 10 years...other than the macrocytosis.

Then we went to visit MIL....she's deciding she might not want to go back home, and wants her kids to take care of her in our homes. So the talks begin, since none of us are in good enough health to do it :(

Will try to get on tomorrow and visit with everyone. Yes, Diane, it's snowing and blowing outside right now. Don't think we're to get more than a few inches, but it's 12 degrees, so it's miserable tonight. Hugs to all, will talk tomorrow.

18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sooooo glad you found this doc. No matter how much or how little we have wrong with us, without a good doc, we are sunk. This is really encouraging. I saw where y'all were getting snow. I think the worst of it is in NE and IA. Stay warm. Too bad you don't have the new fleece jammies I got yesterday. Target had their jammie sets, tee shirts and pants, at 50 percent off. I couldn't resist and got two sets. I also found some navy slippers to go with my new jammies I bought earlier. Some of my jammies are getting old so am restocking while they are cheap (that was before the big bill for Rx and car).

I woke at 2:00 this morning, wide awake. So, instead of fighting it, I got up and am sitting here on the puter. Think I'll just drop off the car and let them bring me home and pick me up when it's done. I'm just not up to sitting on hard chairs for two hours. There's something unsettling about car repair waiting rooms and doctors' waiting rooms. Wish I would never have to visit either ever again.

So, new rash cream is not causing any side effects, so far. I hope for $92, it keeps working well. Am still using my colloidal silver and blue healing light. I almost feel sad for these docs and PA's who are so narrow minded. It leads them down the road to arrogance. Hell, if I hadn't done my own research and done both traditional medicine AND alternative medicine, I'd still be bedridden most of the time and on opiods for my pain. Oh well, it's results which count and we just have to put up with the arrogant and ignorant. My Dad was a doc and he hated arrogant docs.

Hope your MIL gets more realistic about her needs and what resources are available. No one in poor health should be expected to care for an elderly family member. It helps neither one and usually is harmful to both. I never want to impose that on my kids.

I am hoping and praying this costly string of luck changes for me. I hope you stay warm and cozy. I wish the best for all of us.

Love, Mikie
  19. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

at your post about Rosie the yarn eater and whatever else she finds and eats that is not supposed to be kitty food. Does she choke or seem to choke or gag? I am surprised that she would try it afater having had any bad effects, unless she hasn't had any which would seem odd to me.

Mikie - Sorry about you car and hope it is fixed or almost so. I scanned to posts so fast not sure of some that I read. Hope you car problems will not cost too much !!

Frieda - Sorry you are feeling really badly today. Hope you feel somewhat better tomorrow.

Jole - I am so happy you got a good doctor. Was that you or you and DIANE or both? I think I remember you said something about one of you were so relieved at the good doc you they had tears in their eyes. That is wonderful for whoever got a good understanding doc this time.

Almost bed time but wanted to check in. Hope I didnpt miss anyone. HI TO PAM TOO. !!!

Hugz and prayers go out to you all dear people !
    Granni
    [This Message was Edited on 12/20/2012]
  20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Last night, I responded to your post, Diane, and lost it. Don't know why or where it went. So, I'll try again. I'm laughing at Rosie's antics. I think kitties go through lots of changes as they grow up. Tweety and Sylvester no longer do a lot of things they used to do. They are grown ups now. They will play with their toys only if I drag them around on a string. It's sad. I hope Rosie stops eating everything stringy. I also hope nothing she eats makes her sick. Glad your computer is still working well (knocking on wood).

Leah, I am so sorry, dear one, that you are not up to posting much. Will pray a little extra for you. Hope you are up and at it soon.

Granni, yes, I did get the car fixed. Just wasn't expecting $450 out of pocket at Christmas time. I did get myself the Kindle Fire for my Christmas Present but I got it through HSN so have 9 months to pay it off interest free. I like it but am a little disappointed that it has some limits. It has a camera but only seems to take pics one way, pointed at one's face! There is only a lens on one side of the tablet. What's up with that? I successfully downloaded a free app on the device but the two I bought from my computer didn't download. Sent them an e-mail. Otherwise, I like it. Bright, clear screen and I can read it at night cause the screen is lit. The regular Kindle has to have a light put on it as the screen doesn't light up; however, I'll bet the Kindle Fire isn't easy to read outside. It appears that the books I have on my regular Kindle are also on the KF if I've stowed them on the Amazon Cloud. Oh my, I'm getting too old to deal with this high tech stuff. Hope you are doing well and glad you stopped in. We have too many MIA here.

I am tolerating the new $92 salve well. At least, there is one glimmer of good news in my life. Well, I have lots of good stuff in my life but I got slammed there for a while. Bad news is that there is another red spot above the first one. I hope this crud doesn't spread all over my face. As it is, I'm sporting red polka dots for Christmas.

Absolutely have to color my hair. I selected a bit of a darker, more gold blonde color so don't know what it will look like when I'm done. It's the same color Barb uses but I have more red in my hair. I left my car at the dealership yesterday and rode in the courtesy van home in time to have coffee on the balcony with Barb and our other neighbor before they left on their ten-day cruise. This is a hard time for Barb as she lost her husband two years ago about five days after Christmas. I hope being on a ship in the Caribbean is therapeutic for her. As for me, I'm happy to have a quiet Christmas by myself at home.

Sending my usual warm, healing hugs; prayers; and love to everyone. If anyone can spare an extra prayer, I could use one for healing for my fungal infection on my face.

Love, Mikie