New Lounge 148 Open Just In Time For Spring

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We hit 30 posts over on 147 so thought I'd open a Springtime Lounge. It's gray and rainy here today and it doesn't feel much like spring but I'll take it cuz we need the rain.

Granni, I've never had the Corcidin HBP keep me awake. BTW, there are variations but I like the Cold and Cough in the purple package. It has a big red heart on the front. There are sooooo many choices that sometimes, it's hard to find what I'm looking for. I take 1.5 mgs. of Special K at bedtime. I may cut back to 1 mg. as the new blue stuff seems to be stronger. I no longer have pain since the peptide injections but I remember before that I thought the clonazepam helped with pain. A study showed that it does as it stops a lot of the pain messages in the brain as it slows down thhe neuron activity.

Leah, you have a great sense of humor and, I'm sure, it helps you get through the bad times. I'm glad you slept better and, yes, that does help us--a lot. Also glad kitty is warming up to you. I don't know what I did before we had Tweety and Sylvester. I'm letting Tweety sit on my lap again as the fleas appear to be gone or half-dead. I love those little Halloween crabs Jeff got. If I were to have pets, I'd be tempted to get some of those. They sit in his hand and crawl around. Their faces are adorable. Then, y'all could say, "Mikie has crabs." BTW, don't know about Sherry/Fibrofoggy4 but haven't looked her up. Not sure I even know how to do that if there are no posts to look at. I haven't had to do that as a mod.

Pam, soooo glad the visitors left. Your DGD sounds like a pip! Yes, they are like little tape recorders/players. What they hear, they say. What amazes me is that they say things in the proper context with the exactly right tone of voice. As I mentioned above, we are getting rained on down here too. I'm glad I got to Lowe's and Publix and got my garbage down before it started. Texturing is GOOD! I love to drywall and I love all the stages but texturing is like frosting the cake.

I did get the sofa slipcover and cushion covers washed and put back on the sofa. I let the slipcover get just a tad too dry so that it wasn't as stretchy as I like it. What a job to stretch it over that last corner. I sprayed the armrests and cushions with Scotch Guard. I wore a mask but should have had a respirator. I had to run out, gasping for air. Yikes! I also shampooed the area in front of the sofa and under the coffee table. It was so filthy that it took forever to go back over it time and again. It looks great now. The rest should go faster as it's not as dirty. The new carpet cleaner works even better than the old one did. Yea!

Got all my bills paid online 'cept for the main credit card. I don't even want to see that one. It includes the $200 for the locksmith to open the flooded unit. Of course, I got reimbursed and will have to get to the bank to deposit the check. Got a new chair cushion for my Balcony chair and a citronella candle in a small pottery jar. It's about time for squitos. I had to get a new filter for my wet 'n dry vac and some bags for it. The wet 'n dry has better tools for cleaning around the edges than my regular vac. I may not be getting a lot done per day but I'm cleaning deep.

Had to tell the ex that he can't come down to visit me. He keeps asking and won't take no for an answer. DD told me he is planning to just come down and drop in. I made it clean to him that he cannot visit under any circumstances. Geez, the man is bonkers.

We were sitting out on the Balcony this morning having coffee and a cayhote (sp?) went running right down the center of the street. Tweety was out front but the critter paid her no attention. He went across the street and into the woods. We think brush fires and construction in the area has cut down on hunting grounds. Tweety was standing her ground with her hair all sticking out and staring the critter down. Thank God he wasn't hunting. Then, a big black bird walked up to us big as you please on the Balcony. It's like we are turning into a nature preserve down here. If we see Big Foot, I'm moving!

As much as I get done in the mornings, I get very tired in the afternoons so think I'll go rest. I have some programs to catch up on On Demand.

Take care, my dear family. I pray for everyone and keep y'all in my thoughts.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hope your cold is better. If I made you smile, that's all that's important. After all, it was one of my "W&P" posts. I wanted to respond to the others who posted on 147 and it seemed to me that a lot went on yesterday. Officially, spring arrives in a couple of days. In CO, we used to look out at the snow and say, "Yep, springtime in the Rockies."

Today, I'm lazy. Just doing a wee bit of laundry but don't think I'll vacuum nor shampoo the carpet. I have to stop to have a day of rest every now and then. Doing a bit of laundry counts for a lot, though. It's one less thing I have to do when I am up to vacuuming and shampooing.

Think I'll go lie down and watch a few of the shows I've missed lately. I watched "Dancing With The So-Called Stars" last night, the first time in a loooong time. I wanted to see how Lisa Vanderpump, of "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills," did. She's no spring chicken. She is beautiful and in great shape. I felt so bad for Andy Dick. The judges were brutal to him and I felt he was much better than some of the guys they were encouraging to. I guess they like to kick a guy when he's down. His dance was elegant if nothing else. This is why I don't usually watch this show, that and the fact that it's ALWAYS on.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Love, Mikie
  3. freida

freida Active Member

KATHERINE,
    I am glad you got to the optician and had your eyes checked there!!

I hope you can get to someone else now.
    Eliminating possibilities, will narrow it down.
    We want your vision to be improving!!
    Thanks for letting us know how you are!!

I've been struggling terribly, with worst depression in a long time,
    along with some difficult illness problems, of course. Ugh.

I think I may have hit rock-bottom yesterday, and am doing a wee bit better, now, and I sure hope so!

Mikie, you made me smile, can't remember now, what it was.

Pam's GD story made me smile too, and told my huz, who liked it too.

Diane, I haven't minded winter as much as usual, and thank goodness,
    because yes, it is snowing and very wintry, here, again!

It is somewhat confusing between Spring and winter, and really is neither one.
    I don't know if that threw me off, or some chemicals in the building, or what. Maybe even the clocks change. I just don't know but my greif seiges have been scary. :(

I actually often get depressed at start of Spring, even though I think I should like it, but it reminds me that I can't do the things I love in Spring, and will be more frustrating, somehow, being stuck indoors during the nice, beautiful weather, during the growing and playing outdoors seasons.

I sure would LOVE to do special cooking and other traditions for Passover, thanks so much for asking, Diane!
    But I am very unable to, so we either prioritize for huz to help me do one small part of it,
    or we just think about it, and accept that I am way too ill to DO it.

So sorry you have that cold, Diane!!!!
    And that it is trying to get worse, when you are trying to get over it.
    Hope you win soon!!

I'm going to look at some other parts of posts, now, on this string.

Leah Freida
    [This Message was Edited on 03/19/2013]
  4. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Went to look at blinds today.So many options to choose from.Katherine that sounds horribly scary but still you hold on to your humor.Hope they sort it out soon.Freida that weather can't help your mood.How do you cope I wonder.Depressipn gets so overwhelming I am not sure how to bring myself out of it at times.Positive thinking?I don't really know.We tried to see the shuttle launch this evening but saw nothing.Mikie your ex wants to visit?What!I never remember much but I caught that.Take care all,get over your colds and Grani don't overdo.
  5. freida

freida Active Member

PAM,
    that's so sweet. Thank you!

Always good to hear how the new home is coming along too. A lot of people like those vertical blinds. I don't know about that.
    We have dark shades so to block out the outdoor lights when we need and want to.
    But they might hold too much warmth in the home, down there.

You also reminded me that Mikie's ex wanted to visit. Yikes, he's not too bright. LOL
    And he even was going to surprise visit. All the worse thinking on his part.
    Oh well, Be firm and clear, Mikie.
    NO!
    ;)

You can practise it, till he gets it. Maybe. LOL
    COuld make him a video with you openning your door, and saying, "NO."
    ;)

Such good ideas, ...well, I can't believe this place and you people bring out the humor in me, again.
    Amazing, on some days.

I am a bit less down, today, but still had a bad night with terrible dreams, and I am wiped out from doing a wee bit of sorting, yesterday.

I'm okay, though.

I have lots of methods I use, to combat depression, or to cope with it, and when it fails, to wait it out.
    Sometimes, nothing works, but it doesn't last forever.
    When it leaves, the plain disabling illness is easier to cope with, but still there.
    That's how I figured out the depression didn't cause it.
    One of the many ways I figured that out.

Take care all.

What?! Piles of snow, 1-2 feet deep or tall,
    does not help my mood, in mid-March?
    Thanks for reminding me. ;)

Diane, bury that cold sickness in the snowdrift? :)

xo
    Leah Freida
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Haven't been here in two days. Yesterday, I didn't even crack open my puter. I am still very tired. Yesterday, I was exhausted and in pain. I think I way overdid it cleaning, vacuuming, shampooing the carpet and washing the sofa slipcover. It isn't one of those slipcovers you buy in the stores; it came on the sofa and is custom fitted. It's such a pain to get back on. Everyone here is sneezing, stuffed up and having a froggy throat. I think we have some kind of allergens in the air.

Pam, there are so many kinds of blinds out here. It must be exciting to go shopping for them. If I had my way, ever fan and blind in here would operate by remote. I'm sure it would cost a lot. I have watched launches and one was spectacular. My DSIL, who is a pilot, was flying just outside the launch site, low in the landing pattern down here, when one took off. He, and everyone on the left side of the plane, got a once-in-a-lifetime aerial view of it. Yes, my ex lives in a denial bubble. Every now and then, I have to burst his little bubble. He seems to think that if we are good enough friends that it will ease his grief and regret over what he's done. It doesn't work that way. I'm excited your new home is coming along. I know it has been slow for you to wait for it. I know you'll be so happy when you can move in.

Katherine, I'm so sorry about your dizzyness and eye problem. I hope that by now, it is over. We do have some strange symptoms. I am very tired and have a difficult time with memory, typing, and my eyes get very tired when I read. To not be able to see well is very difficult. Sending up a prayer for you.

Leah, prayers for you too. I am glad the depression has lifted a bit. When I lived in CO, I suffered depression at the change of seasons. We had very little spring and it often snowed. Most of the days there are sunny year round, but it seems to me that we got short changed on spring. Summer went by like a flash and then, it was fall. Sometimes, I just wanted to stop time. Down here, like I've said before, we have two season: Hot 'n Hotter. Actually, this year, we've had some cool weather. It won't be long now before it's too hot to grow flowers or be outside except for the pool. Still, I do feel better here.

Actually, as I've always said, I pray for all of us. We bear up under pain, exhaustion, and other symptoms which would bring down the strongest of people. I have found humor to be one of the best ways to get through the roughest times and y'all keep me going.

Love, Mikie
  7. freida

freida Active Member

I miss everyone here.

Katherine,
    thinking of you and hoping you will find some answers about your vision soon!
    Did the mold problems get cleared up?
    If still a problem, that could cause problems for you. Just guessing, and caring!

Mikie, good to see you!

I've been trying to keep myself busy with small do-able tasks, to combat the depression, and to give myself distractions, and to give me a bit of feeling of accomplishments, even though they are very small, they are something.
    I'm trying to follow advice I would give others.
    Harder to do than to suggest. LOL
    And hardest to do, when we need to do them, the most.

But I am carrying on, when I can.

Got my very simple bisquits made, and one p.j. shirt washed, today,
    and started a small puzzle, yesterday.
    Also , Threw out some very old papers, yesterday.
    Way too much clutter around here, but I can only make tiny dents in it, so that has to be enough.

Hello to all of you!

Sun shines, outdoors, today, and snow melts. It can't decide which season it is out there!!

Leah Freida

[This Message was Edited on 03/21/2013]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/21/2013]
  8. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Good to hear how some of you cope with the dark thoughts.Pretty much use the same way you all cope.Distraction and doing what I need to do to take care of myself.So darn tired and exhausted mentally and physicallyy hair stylist asked me if I was sick today and what was wrong,Huz told me to go to bed at 5 yesterday because I looked so tired.i had to look on the mirror I was so alarmed at how bad I must look.I looked no different so what's up with that.It's a phase I'll shake off I'm sure but gee wiz.House is looking like a home about now.I like going down there and colors are going on next week.
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, it seems we all use pretty much the same activities and distractions to get through the rough times. I seldom have depression anymore; I used to have clinical depression so bad all I could do is curl up in the fetal position and not talk to anyone. I was very fortunate in having access to good therapy to help me.

Now, I struggle with energy more than anything else. Yes, the injections worked but I've been so inactive for so long that it will take time before I can dance a jig. Also, the stomach thing still bothers me. I may have to see my gut doc. After giving up wheat, I felt so much better but now, I'm still having IBS-like symptoms. Yesterday, I started to work around here and got that "lie-down-or-fall-down" feeling. I lay down and my stomach bloated and hurt like heck. A trip to the john took care of that but left me feeling sooooo exhausted. Whine, whine, whine!

We are starting to get our seasonal rainstorms a wee bit early but I welcome them. We have some lemons on our trees. I still hand water some of the pots and boxes of flowers. We will likely have April in the low 80's. In May, it usually starts to get hot and by June, it's full-on hot weather.

Our new renters in the unit below me came by yesterday to drop off a few things. I met them before and like them very much. He is English and she is French. That's about as exciting as things get in the hood, thank goodness.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Love, Mikie
  10. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Just read the lounge posts quickly so wanted to at least drop in and say hi. We have been busy with going to a visitation and funeral yesterday and all that. The K of C Grand Knight of our coucil died a couple of days ago after working really hard on the last fish fry and the St. Pats Day party on Sat. He went home and I guess passed away late evening or early morning. He was 73 and a very hard worker. Feel so sorry for the family.

Not sure what is happeneing here today except DH is off to the last fish fry.

No time for individual posts but wanted to mention to DIANE not to give p on the GSE and the Mucinex is good. You may not think it is helping but it is. Maybe it is at least keeping you from getting sicker. When I felt myself getitng sick I started taking extra GSE (3x a day instead of 2) and made sure I took the Mucinex regularly to help get rid of the GUNK or try to anyway. It has been helpful I think. I also gave DH extra GSE when he started what I think was allergies in hopes that it wouldn't develop into a cold or URI. I think it did help. We have so much pollen dropping around here and I have constant post nasal drip almost all the time.. Hope you feel better soon.

Mikie - Just letting you know, not sure if you remember Elaine who has been here forever and then was sick and disappeared for awhile. She popped in yesterday (towards the beginning of the present volume of the Porch- 611, I think). She is recovering from back surgery and hopes that will help most of the things that have been ailing her for some time. Read about it if you are interested and have some time. Glad you like your new renters.

Big hi to Leah, Pam, Katherine, Barry and whoever else I forgot.

Need to go and get dressed.

Love,
    Granni

11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hope everyone is well. Granni, I will take a trip over to the Porch. Thanks for the heads up. Sorry about the loss of the K of C gentelman. My Dad was a long-time member of the K of C, plumed hat, cape, sword, etc. He led the church choir for a long time. There was music written for his Mass when he retired.

Diane, yes, tickle Rosie's tummy; Tweety will wiggle around on the sidewalk when she wants someone to tickle hers. No one can resist her. I no longer eat any wheat. It makes me sick. I don't know what's making me so tired right now. Do we ever need a reason? Seems exhaustion has a mind of its own where we are concerned. I will get another spurt of energy and will likely overdo it again. Can't help myself. Just ordered "A Week In Winter" for my Kindle. Can't wait to read it. Her books keep their value so thought I might as well bite the bullet and buy it now.

I need to get into a nice hot soak with Epsom Salts. I should shower and do my hair but it'll have to wait. I can get by another day. If I shower and have to do my hair, I may not have energy to get to the store. Do I go to Target and have to make a second stop at the gas station to buy LOTTO tickets or do I go to Publix and buy them there. Guess I'll go to Publix cause the Target ad comes out tomorrow and I may want something there. I have two $5 gift cards from my last visit to Target.

Hope everyone is well. Have a great weekend.

Love, Mikie
  12. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

I was out all morning and afternoon and forgot to tell Huz to buy a Lotto ticket.Things just fly right out of my head.I's going to rain any second soy chances at winning is zero.was at the paint store again.Yesterday we picked up the color swatch of the outside.I'm afraid it has to much orange so last minute I want to go darker.Huz had a fit even though he agrees with me.We chose these colors last Spring after all.So if painter hasn't ordered the paint already we can change.Stucco isn't on so I doubt he has.Today we chose a gel stain for the front doors.Hope we like it.Painting starts Mon.Lily loves to walk to the house and I release her chain so she can check out each room.It never gets old for her so I think the adjustment for her will go smooth.Making a roasting chicken in crock so we'll see how that goes.
  13. freida

freida Active Member

Katherine,
    have you found out anything else for your eyes and dizziness yet?

We are all thinking of you!!

Is the mold problem all gone, or could it be a possible cause.?

Good to see ALL of you!

PAM,
    I'm glad the house is turning into a home!
    I think they could stir something in with the paint,
    (some other paint) if they already ordered it,
    to change the shade.

It sounds great the way that Lily has been able to get gradually used to the new home. You did a great job with that for her!

Granni,
    you sound so busy.
    Take good care of yourself, to try not to get sick(er) and to try to feel okay and relax in between , if that is possible!

Mikie,
    So glad you like those new neighbors!
    Can't remember what else I was planning to tell you. ???? Ah well.....

Diane, so glad you felt a little better,
    and that you were back posting! :)

I read some of your posts.
    I like old tv too...the ANdy Griffith show. LOL
    That child is so cute! And the other characters so funny and good.
    And the adults who all became great humorists and actors and singers, that were on that show too.

My Pearl kitty is so cute too, when she stretches her body out very very long, and rolls upside down.
    I guess she has learned she is safe from predators, here. LOL

Warm wishes to each one of you!

I saw a huge beautiful hawk, out our window, recently.
    Gorgeous bird.
    Glad it did not snack on any of our smaller wild birds who eat meals here, though! :)

Take care all,
    Leah Freida

PS.... ANY OF YOU, who have e-readers, I would love your input on my post about them, IF/when you get the time or energy. I'm so confused by them, but want to get one. Thanks!!

[This Message was Edited on 03/23/2013]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/24/2013]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/24/2013]
  14. bct

bct Member

At my place anyway.

Dentist, extraction, pain, seeing him again tomorrow. Feels bad.

Have got a worker (when he isn't talking my ear off!), so I've had a lot of instructions to give. He is slow, but very good. He is working in the yard, getting rid of weeds and doing some landscaping. He brings his lovely dog, Romeo. A poor homeless drifter with dreams.... Hope we can help him. We took his dog to the vet and had him worked over, all the shots, wormed, etc. The guy lives in a tent on the next property, no vehicle, no nothing.

Spring is here, and like Leah I have been watching the birds. Wish I could see a cardinal. We don't have them here. The Vultures and hummingbirds are back, the first warblers are showing up. I saw the first butterflies of the year the other day -- a Painted Lady, and a Mourning Cloak.

Mikie, sorry for your exhaustion.
    Pam, happy, happy, happy for you and your easy. Glad that Lily (?) is adapting well. Good to hear.

Katherine, my eyes are so bad in the morning after I take my pills that I can't drive. So sorry for your vision problems, and hope you get them resolved!

Diane, do the kitties watch the deer from inside the house? Are they outside at all, or House Cats? If you see deer, I guess you must live in the country??

Love to all,
    with aching tooth-socket,
    Barry
  15. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Sorry about your dental pain Barry.I hate dental work of any kind even cleaning.How nice to give that poor fellow a job and care for his dog with the vet.The painters actually showed up as promised and are putting on primer.We have eye appts. this afternoon.Last Oct. I noticed what looks like a skin tag hanging down in the outside corner of my eye.Right where lashes grow.It feels like a teeny pebble and irritates me not to mention looks funny.Hoping the eye Dr can remove it.You never know which specialist to mention what to.Layed around and read and listened to music yesterday it was nice for a change.Lily was laying on the back of the sofa in the window like a cat and a gust of wind blew her off.Guess she doesn't have the reflexes of a cat.I won't tell her she isn't one though it's to late for that.Huz laughed so hard once he saw she wasn't hurt that is.
  16. freida

freida Active Member

Great to see each one of YOU,

but, katherine said good-bye and then deleted it, and disappearred from here?????
    i didn't see her good-bye. was there any reason?

(but thanks for telling us, diane!!)

And sherri, liked it here SO much, and disappearred????
    no reason known.

what is going on, I am confused.
    did we or they, say something wrong?

Well, I am very confused, and easily upset, lately,
    and overwhelmed, and still fighting with some depression. Ugh. And lots of illness problems.

I will come back, when able,
    and read more of the preceding posts!

[This Message was Edited on 03/25/2013]
  17. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

That is upsetting to me too sometimes when I am getting to like a person on line esp at PH and they just disappear without a word. . I have not been so good at reading all the posts lately . So,may have missed some.

LEAH - I am sure you didn't say anything wrong and doubt if any of us said anything to upset her. You all are too sweet to scare anyone away.

BTW, how do you find if people are still with PH or not? I know that PH used to have a swearch box and now I can't find it but maybe I didn't look in the right place? Yes, I do wish others didn't not pop in and stay while and then disappear. I think I may have missed something somewhere but maybe it was also on another thread and maybe not on Chit Chat.

It happens on the Porch too sometimes. We have many who have come and gone. Some have said they had to go for whatever reasonss but others have just chosen to leave without saying anything. Many probably have good reasons for doing so but many have not given any reasons either, so many of us may just wonder and are sorry they did. There were a couple lately that stopped by the Porch said they liked it and us all, and then went POOF !!

Oh well, DIANE - I think you said you are feeling a bit better. I hope you are. Colds, etc. are not fun esp when you feel bad to begin with most of the time, I know where you are coming from.

Love to MIKIE, Jole too , and everyone mentioned and those I have forgotten temporily ! Will be glad when I am finished with singing duties this week and next too. Then it will be tome for a break. Need to check on some music now for Chorale = rather tricky and a week from Friday is the performanace- ugh !

Hugz to everyone !
    Granni
  18. freida

freida Active Member

Thank you , Diane,
    I can't think how you've said anything that could be wrong,

and I do know that it helps me ,
    to be told SOMEthing,
    instead of nothing.

I'm having a very upsetting day, in a very upsetting week,
    so everything is hitting me hard,
    and I am very glad to see your kind words and that you are here!

Thank you again, for telling me something, the confusion was just upsetting me more.
    I am still confused but I understand you have good reasons for not saying any more. Whatever they are, that is fine, Diane. I'm not trying to pressure or make anyone uncomfortable.

I still miss Linda who used to be a regular here.
    And then, these seemd so sudden.

It isn't YOUR fault, I got upset!!
    I've been so upset anyway, and I would be more upset wondering, endlessly.
    So you definitely helped, by telling me something and replying to me, Diane!
    I value you and others here, very much.
    I'm very isolated and very disable.
    And unable to be my usual more perky self.

Feels good to manage this post, though.

Hello to Pam and Mikie and Barry, and Granni....
    oh, I miss JOle , too!

Ugh.

I'll be better some other day.
    Thanks again, to ALL of you!

Leah Freida

P.s. i'm too sick to do anything for my holiday...i should be used to it, but not, i guess.

PPS...GRANNI, we were posting at the same time, so I had not read yours.

Thank you so much, Granni, for everything you wrote and for being here too![This Message was Edited on 03/25/2013]
  19. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

I didn't know she said good-bye and left.That's a shame.I haven't gotten over Victoria,Linda,or Rock not being here.You worry when people leave.I'm attached to all our Loungers even new ones are exciting to add to the mix right?I hope Mikie and Jole check in soon.Hang in there Freida this time of yr. is so dreary and long.We'll keep each other company in the meantime.So did Keven have time to eat that sandwich after all that?Good thing you figured out it was a fuse.The eye Dr thinks it's a cyst from a blocked gland so I see an eye plastic surgeon.Oh and he said Insurance should cover them stitching up my saggy eyelids at the same time.Huz says it should cover a butt and breast lift because it hurts his eyes.he said just kidding really fast before I could smack him.
  20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just to put your mind at ease--Katherine made the decision to leave on her own. Her post was removed due to language inappropriate on our boards. I'm always sad when we lose a member. She will be missed.

Diane, you will never get in trouble for asking about what happened to someone or mentioning it in a post. Our moderators here always try to work with people before any action is taken, except in cases where someone comes here to sell something or posts something intentionally profane or disgusting. I don't always understand why people just disappear. If I hadn't seen Rock's small post on the other board, I wouldn't have known he was sick and having computer problems. Sometimes, people leave for personal reasons related to what is going on in their lives. Sorry I wasn't here to give y'all some info.

Pam, it's exciting that the house is being painted. CBS construction (concrete block and stucco) is the strongest in storms and that is why almost all new construction is CBS. Glad Lily is interested in her new home. I had to laugh at her antics and am glad she is OK.

Leah, somehow, I missed your post on e-readers. The two most popular are the Kindle and the Nook. You can also buy a tablet and download e-books onto it. The tablets have other uses but the more expensive e-readers are almost as versitile as the tablets. For instance, my Kindle Fire HD does not really have a camera. It has one but only on one side. I know that sounds strange but it's for Skyping and not really for taking pictures. So, let me just confine this to e-readers.

I bought one of the first generation Kindles from Amazon. These are now very inexpensive. They are easy to read on out in the sun. They have a small keypad along the bottom. Reading on them is about like reading a paperback. Kindle also has a touchscreen. Then, there is the Paperwhite which is like the touchscreen but is lit, like a computer screen. The Kindle Fires are like the Paperwhites but have other features. I can download apps and games like Angry Birds. So, it just depends on how much you want to spend and whether you want a lighted screen. The lighted screens take a little getting used to as they are like reading a computer screen. The advantage is that you don't have to turn on a light to read. I still love my original Kindle and read on it as much as on the Kindle Fire. For $10, I bought a clip-on light for it. In our hood, people sell, or give away, their old Kindles to other neighbors when they upgrade.

Barry, I'm so sorry for your dental problems. I hate having to go to the dentist as I've had bad teeth all my life. They look good because all the molars have been crowned and the front bonded. At my age now, it's the gums and I brush, floss and use my waterpik. Like my neighbor said, I just hope my teeth outlast me. Good luck to you and let us know how it's going.

Diane, I am loving "Week In Winter" just as I've loved her other books. I'm about half-way through. I have a hard time reading as it makes me so tired, I fall asleep. That's not always a bad thing :)

Granni, I can only imagine the lovely music and singing. I can also imagine the amount of work it takes to put it all together. I'm sure it is well appreciated. Afterward, take a well-deserved rest.

Yesterday was a busy day. Went with neighbors to the Coast Guard store for wine and booze. I got some gin for my gin 'n tonics and stocked up on wine. It's not expensive wine but it's not a bad table wine. The mgr. at the store has tried them all and will tell us which is good. Then, we took a neighbor to the European Market for something she had to have for her Easter feast. That store is great but a lot of the products have no English on them. I used to read and speak Russian but that was so long ago that I can no longer read it or even sound it out. I did buy some borscht (sp?) I will try it but may have to add a few things to spice it up. I once made some and added kale and a bit of fennel and it was outstanding. A lot of the Midwesterner Snowbirds are of Eastern European descent on this side of the state. They love to have a place where they can buy products to cook their traditional dishes.

We had lunch at Perkins because there is something there for everyone. Our neighbor had already eaten but had a hot muffin. She bought three and got three more free. They packaged the other five and had them waiting for her when she checked out. I got their pork chops and brought one home. Mmmmm. Of course, I had to leave the roll as no one else wanted it.

I came home very tired. I'm still tired today but suspect it's because I've had to take my allergy pill with an antihistimine. Something is driving our allergies nuts here. Everyone has it. Think I'll just stay inside as it's cold out there, well, cold by SW FL stds.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Love, Mikie