New Lounge 149 Open For Business

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I just left the 30th post on #148 so thought I'd start a new Lounge. C'mon in and get comfy.

Love, Mikie
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Wasted so much time on the Porch. Had to write another post there as the first one disappeared into Never Never Land or cyberspace. If you wish go over there and check it not. Nothing to exciting really though.

Today especially another afternoon and evening will be a very busy one with singing at aassisted living/nursing home this afternoon and then to chruch for Holy Thursdsy Mass. That will be a busy one ! Then Good Firdya and Hold Sat (Vigil). Tht one is VERY long. Wonpt go to Easter Sunday due to company and going on Sat.evening, I will be to pooped anyway.

Our son is also coming up or should I say down to see us that day. His wife is visiting a friend she won,t get to see for awhile. My son and DIL are getting reeady to start the classes to Foster and then adopt a child. They have been trying so hard to have one naturally. Hope they get a needy child soon. They will make such good parents. They have put a lot of this off due to her father who had lived with them and is now in a NHwell with everyone. Remember this week is a busy one for me so may not get to check in much except maybe in the morning like now. DH is gone for awhile so I have a little time for myself.

Hope the ones not feeling good are doing better today even a little better is good.

Love,
    Granni

Hope all is e

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sorry you lost your post. When I post, every so often, I highlight what I've written and click on both CTRL and C. That copies what you've written in case it disappears. You can click on CTRL and V and get it back. Or, you can use Copy and Paste in the menu. Either way, not everything gets lost.

Hope your kids get a great child in need of wonderful parents. It's such a good thing they are doing. Also hope all this holiday celebration isn't too much for you.

I'm still cleaning as best I can. The traffic areas of the carpeting have been shampooed and the tile floors are sparkling. I have to enjoy it while it lasts. I still have vacuuming and dusting to do in other rooms. Still, this is real progress. I accept that I can't possibly keep my home like I used to or how I'd like to but I still enjoy seeing it clean. Lord knows I have enough cleaning gizmos.

I even got a bit of laundry done while I worked. In between, I rested on the balcony and even lay in bed to watch an old movie, "Mercury Rising." It's a thriller. I just can't keep going nonstop. At least, I'm pacing myself.

If you don't get back for a bit, I hope your Easter is blessed.

Love, Mikie
  4. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Did you miss me? Gordon used to have a weird supervisor. If she went
    to lunch she'd ask, "Did you miss me?" when she got back.

Anyhoo, haven't been here for a while because neither I nor the computer
    works very well anymore. We had a computer virus many months ago.
    After that, the server locked us out of our mailbox. Apparently is under
    the impression that there is some sort of identify theft going on. So far
    as I know, one cannot steal one's own identity.

Anyhoo, my health has been deteriorating. Probably the same as with most
    of us. I have almost no energy, and get more confusiated every day. I
    will not bother to illustrate my decline as it would be too enervating for me
    to type and too boring for you to read.

Freida, that was nice of you to answer the newcomer's questions on
    the CFS/Fibro board. Especially with your own energy limitations.

Granni, sorry to hear you had another lost post. It's like corrupt politicians
    and high unemployment. Just can't get away from these problems.
    Good luck to your son and DIL with regard to a foster child.

Mikie, you continue to be a source of info and the voice of reason. How
    are Sylvester and Tweety and Simon?

Pam, are you also Ranigar? I have reached the point where just 2 things-
    ideas or objects or destinations-confuse me. I see you are in the choosing
    paints stage. (A problem most men never deal with.) I remember a song
    from long ago. The 60s maybe. I think it was called "Color Me Blue".
    Or maybe grey. I feel like my whole world is grey now.

Leah, I'm sorry, but I can't remember if you have another name. I had
    a note about posting to you, but I seem to have mislaid it.

Barry, sorry to hear that the dentist socked it to your socket. I went to the dentist about a tooth that fell out. Dentist is gone and a female from
    Pakistan or Persia or some 3rd world country has taken his place. She wanted ca. $3,000 to fix me up. I just left.

Better go. Am hoping this post doesn't get lost too.

Rock

5. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Not much time doing laundry but have to say Welcome back Rock we have missed you so much.Yes I have the silly new Ranigar also. Hi to every one and Mikie if doing all that is pacing yourself I would hate to see whT you call going full speed lol.
  6. spacee

spacee Member

I don't really have much to report but that I do think of you all!!!

And, my brother has come to live with us. He is a great companion to have.
    And he has a minature poodle, Patrick. Brother's name is Winston and, no,
    not after Winston Churchill but after our father who was about the same
    age as W.C.

Brother is disabled with DDD and has not worked in about 10 years. Kept our
    mother and then his first ex-mother in law for those years. Has longed to
    come to Florida and how his time has arrived!

I wish I could say that I have been keeping up with you all but that was the
    reason why I stopped posting. I just cannot understand words, paragraphs, etc.
    Beginning to have blank times. Like when Hubby asked me yesterday what I
    did, I was so blank. Well, the answer was I went to the dentist and had a
    crown put on. Pretty major but it had left me.

I love you all. We are all in this together whether I post or not. Know that I
    am thinking of all the wonderful ppl here.

Glad you are all carrying on with the thread.

Much love,

Linda
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Our little flock is coming back together. I've prayed for our MIA's and longed for just a word or two to ease my mind. Thank you all for being here.

Rock, you left one little post over on the FMS board and that's how we knew you weren't doing well and neither was your computer. I hope and pray both of you get better. Tweety and Sylvester are doing fine. Simon hasn't come for his breakfast for two days but that's not unusual for a homeless cat. He hunts and if he finds a warm breakfast on the run, he prefers that. How is Zippy? Well, I hope. Gordon also. Hope we will see more of you.

Pam, the reason I've been doing so much physically is that I've been in a fog and can not concentrate. So, I have taken advantage of the situation to just drive myself physically but with lots of rest in between tasks. This is deep cleaning and hard work. My carpet is 20 yrs. old and cleans up beautifully. It's a good thing because I don't want to have to spend money on new carpeting. I'm soooooo glad the first guy in here paid to upgrade the carpet. How's the new house coming? Are you doing carpets, tile, hardwood?

Diane, I take Coricidin HBP in the purple and white box with the red heart. It relieves my allergies without raising my BP. It's the only one my doc wants me to take. All this cleaning has stopped up my sinuses from digging in the dust. Benadryl is notorious for making one drowsy. The Coricidin doesn't have that effect but I suspect it does take some of my energy.

Leah, I actually live on a dead end streed with a cul-de-sac at the end. There is no through traffic on any of the three streets in here. Still, some people drive too fast. Thank God the kitties know about getting out of the way. Now, if I could just stop them from getting inside any vehicle with an open door or hatch...Tweety will even get inside truck beds. She is a busybody and thinks she is in charge of the entire neighborhood.

Linda, have kept you in my prayers as well. Actually, I keep us all in my prayers but especially our MIA. I know how hard it is to keep up. If I'm gone a few days, I sometimes just check in and tell everyone I've not been able to keep up. Just having you here is wonderful. My fog has been so bad lately and I blame it on new sleep problems and allergies. Actually, the allergies may be causing the sleep problem. In any case, it's always so good just to have our Loungers check in.

I worry about Jole but I suspect she is busy with her family. Jole, if you read the Lounge, please just let us know you are OK. Are y'all still getting those strange spring snow storms?

I got nothing done yesterday. Today, I will hit the main traffic path in part of the condo. I think it could be cleaner. Ilona, downstairs, borrowed the cleaner and hit the high traffic path in her condo. We all have the same layouts and we all have the same dirty traffic paths. I'll continue to do what I can, little by little. Need to get into the shower but think I'll have a cup of coffee on the Balcony first. I should go to the store but don't know what to buy. My appetite is kaput. Our new neighbors are vegans and he wants me to view a DVD to try to convince me to go vegan. They insist it cures every illness known to man. My Mom was raised on NE farms and ranches. My uncle had his own butcher shop. I was raised on corn-fed beef. Don't think I'll be giving that up anytime soon. Can't live without eggs and dairy either. He claims dairy is satan's creation. It's bad enough I've had to give up wheat. I think I'd rather die sick and well fed than live forever with next to nothing to eat. Yes, I love veggies and fruit but they just aren't enough. Bill Clinton has gone vegan and I think he looks gaunt and old.

My best wishes for blessed Easters for everyone.

Love, Mikie
  8. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Spent the day in Tampa since SIL was off today we celebrated today.Tomorrow DD and GD will come over to see the house progress.GD will only be interested in where is the promised pool but that isn't started yet.All tile Mikie some rooms have tile that looks like hardwood.my feet will hate it due to neuropathy but I am done cleaning carpets.So good to hear fr you Linda and sorry you aren't doing better.I remember you talking of your brother so nice he's with you here in Fl.Enjoy your day tomorrow hope everyone has a pain free day.
  9. spacee

spacee Member

And some see deers (Barry?). I still think about you and Richard and your movie watching :)

I thought I would tell you about my experience with Huz. You know I don't take
    light or sound well at all. Huz had to have 3 nerve blocks at the hospital and brother wasn't here yet. So, I had to go.

1. Went fine. I took a little xanax and made it ok.

2. They put a proceedure ahead cause it was a tougher one and the doc
    wanted to be fresh. Did ok but after 2 hours, went to the car and fell
    immediately fast asleep (had parked in the tower out of sun). They called
    when it was over.

3. Horrors of horrows. Another short procedure put ahead. I tried to go to the
    car but it was in the 40's and too cold. I stayed in the d/stairs lobby for a
    while. Finally knew that Huz would be needing his clothes so I went to the
    outpatient surgery and sat a while. Finally....told the staff that I had to get
    somewhere quieter or I would throw up.

They put me out in the hall. It was quiet but under fluorescent light and by a
    window.

What could I do put put Huz's jacket over my head. There I sat, all alone, with
    a man's jacket over my head with ppl going by.

Man, the things we will do if we have too.

Happy Passover and Easter or Holidays to all. I hope the next week is pain free
    for all too.

Thanks for the prayers and warm thoughts!

Linda
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just wanted to drop in and wish everyone a wonderful day. I had coffee out on the Balcony with Barb and another neighbor. Had an invitation to go to the beach but don't want to go until the Snowbirds and Spring Breakers are gone. There is a sliver of time between then and the Summer Visitors when we can enjoy our beaches and our pool. No wonder the filthy rich buy their own islands :) It's 65 out at 10:00 a.m. We are supposed to hit the 80's this week with no rain til Thurs. Our neighborhood is overrun with grandkids and greatgrandkids. I just stay inside and get things done or sleep.

Sending my love to everyone.

Love, Mikie
  11. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

I really need to get off here and start looking at the music that we will be doing this coming Friday. Tonight is practice so I need to check it out. It is a new piece, in a big booklet all about PEACE !! Very different so I need to get going.

Hope you all had a nice holiday yesterday. Ours was quiet with just DS who was baching it without his wife this weekend. We fed him with ham and apple pie, so he was happy:)!! He even showed us how to scann and send it through the e-mail. He actually did it slow enough this time that we could write down the steps:)!! Don't laugh all you little techies :)!!!

Linda - sorry you had such a hard time while your DH had his procedures. Glad it is over for him and you and hope he is feeling better too. Glad to see you here again.

Hi also to Pam, Mikie and Frieda - Sorry you are still to pooped to participate much Frieda and hope you feel better soon.

Hope you guys living by the beach get to enjoyh it some (in the in between times). I think I know wht you mean. For me if I go in the water it had better be pretty warm with some peace and quiet too:)!!

Love to awl,
    Granni

[This Message was Edited on 04/01/2013]
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The Gulf is a sewer. I don't swim in it. I will wade out to greet any dolphins who come in to get their petting and attention but that's it. In the summertime, there are urchins and sting rays so one has to be careful. I carry tweezers and an antibacterial spray in my beach bag. A little girl was stung and screaming in pain a couple of years ago. My DGS likes to take his little net and capture creatures and then let them go. He warned the little girl to leave the urchins alone but she didn't listen to him. Where were her parents? She was only 4 or 5.

Talked to DGS and DD on Easter. DSIL was off flying. I guess the Easter Bunny was very generous but, because of the weather, the hunt had to be held indoors. Talk about little techies, this kid has been using his mom's iPhone since he was two. He plays games on it, his Wii and now, his Kindle Fire. I cannot, for the life of me, master games on the Wii. I'm too slow with the numchuck and remote. Too many buttons for an old grandma to master. Once I get this cleaning done, I plan to go back to working out with the Wii. This cleaning is workout enough for now.

I'm not depressed but I do feel "flat," moreso than usual. I've always blamed it on my meds but it seems worse. It's kinda like the PTSD my shrink said I was experiencing just after my split with my ex. Nothing penetrated my emotions and right now, I'm feeling pretty emotionless. I don't like feeling like this but it's not painful. I'm just using whatever energy I have to clean. We're talking deep cleaning and cleaning out drawers. Thank God, the closets are done. I guess this too will pass.

Don't mean to be a downer. I hope everyone else is doing well.

Love, Mikie
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hope all is well with y'all.

Leah, yesterday, I went to the meeting. When I came home, Barb was wanting to go to Joanne's to buy some no-sew, iron-on tape to hem some pants. It was already 11:00 so we sat on the Balcony and had coffee. Then, we decided to go have lunch before we went to the store. We had steaks at The Outback and felt recharged. I found some beads for a necklace I've been wanting to make at Joanne's.

At four, several friends came over and we all sat out on the Balcony for drinks and snacks. We stayed out til long after the sun sat. I think it was just what I needed. I'm feeling much better. Thanks for your sweet concern and ideas. BTW, I do take vitamin D3 but with all this FL sun, I probably get enough.

I called a new mechanic to ask about a appt. for an oil change. He said just to bring my car in about 8:00 any morning. So, next week, I'll give him a try. This guy is top rated on Car Talk and AAA certifies his work. I just no longer trust the dealer since the dealership was sold to a large national chain. No one else I know likes them either. I've been taking my car there for almost 11 yrs.

I need to call the A/C guy to come out to check my system. It's working fine but I usually have it checked out just before the heavy A/C season. It's fairly new so am not expecting any problems but it reassures me. It's always something, between cleaning and keeping all our things working right.

It's time for my PAP, Dexascan and mammogram. Fortunately, I can get it all done in one appt. at the same place. Guess I'll call for that appt. I don't want to get behind on these things. Got my EOB from my insurance for my teeth cleaning and exam and they paid everything except the $40 co-pay for using an out-of-network dentist. Not bad.

Again, I hope life is good for all our Loungers.

Love, Mikie
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I did a wee bit of retail therapy and that might have helped too. I got a watch on HSN. It's called the "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" watch. The face is all pave crystals and it has only one number on it--a big five in black crystals. The woman at HSN was soooo nice and sooooo cute. She looked at the pic of the watch and said, "Now that's one stinkin' cute watch."

I had wanted it with the red leather watchband but that was sold out. I got it with the black band. If it goes on clearance in the next 30 days, HSN will honor the clearance price. I just have a feeling it will go on clearance. They've sold this watch a long time. If they planned on keeping it, they would have made more with the red band. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm not usually a materialistic person but every once in a while, I see something I just have to have. I usually don't buy things right away and I forget about them. This watch has deviled me ever since I lay eyes on it. Just had to do it. They make it so easy with divided payments.

"It's five somewhere is our motto on the Balcony."

Love, Mikie
  15. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Glad you got rejuvenated and got some beads , out to eat and a watch from HSN. It sounds like a cute watch !! Sometimes some retail therapy is good for the soul. I got a manicure and pedicure today. It was needing to get done for some time, especially my toe nails. They were so bad and kept digging into some of my other toes. I have tried to trim them myself but it is not easy for me to do and when they finish they look so nice, along with the massage they do and all. Figured I might as well have a manicure too but I don;pt do it often. Now I can wear sandals and not feel so embarrassed :)!!

Yes, I am not much for swimming, especially in a lake or ocean, Gulf, etc. It is all I can do to get in a pretty warm pool and splash around a bit. Never did learn how to swim well or anything else, or live anywhere close to the water. I might do great with FLOATIES or a raft of some kind :)!! I really can float but hate waterin my hair or ears so try to avoid it.

Frieda - Hope you find a little more NRG somewhere.

Hi Diane, Rock, Barry, and Jole Hope you are all doing well, or at least feeling a little better..

Love you ALL,
    Granni

16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Glad you got a mani/pedi. That's such a lucious treat. I still do my own but my results aren't as good as the shop's. Barb got a gel French manicure for her fingernails. It's beautiful but expensive. I wear sandals all year round and have to have my tootsies lookin' good. I keep as agile as I can so I can do a pedi myself. With my feet exposed, I get a lot of dry skin on them and I'm always exfoliating dead skin and putting foot cream on them. I put it on with socks over it and sleep with the cream on all night.

I never really learned to swim until I was 16. Then, I took a class and now, I'm like a fish in the water. I like doing laps in our pool, which is large. It's just the toxins in the Gulf which I don't want on my skin. When the dolphins come in, I can't resist so will wade out to greet them. I also wade with my DGS when he's doing his sealife research :)

Came home tired yesterday, painted my fingernails, and went to bed. Have to take a neighbor to the doc this morning and pick her up a couple of hrs. later. This afternoon, Barb and I have to leave her car in short-term parking at the airport for her kids to drive to her place. She will be seeing her GGD for the first time. I think she's about 7 months (the baby, not Barb :) I don't feel like doing anything today anyway. Mon., I'll be taking the first neighbor to the dentist. She'll be on Vallium so she can't drive. They are digging out roots of a tooth which just disappeared beneath a crown. AACK! I wonder whether there is a patron saint of teeth.

We may get rain today and tomorrow. It's iffy. Up in Atlanta, it's only 35 degrees and raining. Teachers in DGS's school won't let the kids out when it's cold so they come home with pent-up energy which often translates to orneryness. Sooooo glad my kids are grown. DD said when school is out, she is getting apps and games for his Kindle Fire. Of course, he will have summer reading to do but he needs to get away from the grind of school for a bit.

Here comes a little sun trying to shine through the scud outside my lanai. Yea!

Sending my best to everyone for a blessed day.

Love, Mikie

17. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

I am so mad at myself !!!and the computer.

Anyway no time to repost much but please do not feel badly about not getting to post much. You or no one needs to apologize. You are doing fine. Just post when you can and let us know how you are so we don't worry to much. No need to post daily or have them be long ones. I have not been that great myself either. Although, once in awhile a nice long or funny one is a good thing for all of us.

BTW, I need to go and look over my music again as tonight is the dress rehearsal. It is tricky stuff , for me anyway. It will be over tomorrow night and then we break till mid August or so. I will b hapy for the break and DH will be too. Should also go and fold the wash from yesterday or the day before and m.ybe put in another. Don't worry, you are not the only one doing things in dribs and drabs.

Hope you feel better soon and have more NRG = and that goes for everyone else reading this too.

Love and big hugz to you and everdobby else too, (Notice that I didn't mention everyone individually either) :)!! ,

Granni

18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Definitely no reason to every apologize for not feeling up to participating in the Lounge. We all have times when we can't keep up. There is no quota here. We post when we can and if all we can do is read, it's just fine. Sometimes, I don't even feel up to reading. When that happens, I just start over with a new post.

Diane, Granni and Leah, so good to see y'all here. It's been a dark scuddy day and now, it's raining a lot. We need it. Tweety is out sleeping on my Balcony chair. I invited her in but she is happy out there out of the rain. I covered her with her little towel and when we came home, she was on top of it. I petted her and she was soooo content.

Barb and I drove out to the airport to leave her car for her kids. Geez, between the rain, traffic and accidents, it was a challenge. I'm glad to be home, safe and sound. Well, maybe not sound of mind :) I've been so forgetful and foggy lately and so has everyone else I know.

It's been a busy day for me today. I plan on watching TV and snuggling up under my blankets tonight. I'll be offering up a prayer of gratitude for my warm bed. I took a friend to the eye doc and picked her up afterward. She had to have an injection in her eye for wet macular degeneration. They got to the other eye too late to save the vision in it. She will always have to get these shots in the good eye unless they come up with a better treatment. After the numbing agent in the shot wears off, it's very painful for her. Barb lost the sight in one eye due to a blood clot a couple of years ago. I am in awe of these two corageous friends. I admire them so.

Barb has a Kindle and it's about the only way she can read. My other friend can still read books with her glasses. I have days when regular print, like newspapers, really strain my eyesight but I'm grateful for having eyesight.

Well, I guess that's about enough to qualify for a "W&P" post. Love y'all.

Love, Mikie
  19. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

It's the weekend already.Sister asked me to go canoeing with her and a friend on Wed but that is not something I would enjoy.I always end up tipped over in the water usually my fault.Tomorrow we'll go to the Container Store in Tampa to browse around in.have a good weekend everyone.Lots of back and leg pain today due to rain and storms in the area.Doing what I can with rice sock,pain cream and Tylenol to get through it.
  20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I love container stores. You can get such good ideas for organizing everything. I'm sorry about your pain. We are also getting a lot of rain but it's moving out. Should be a nice weekend. I want to do a kayak trip down here in a river or the intracoastal waterway but can't find anyone who would do it with me. I would need a guide to go with me who could paddle if I can't keep it up.

Today is a "sleep all day" kind of day. I don't know why I'm so tired. Could be cause of all the stuff I had to do for others yesterday. I don't mind doing it but need to recouperate after. Our new tenants downstairs hammer all the time. It's not loud and it sounds more like someone who is hitting a wood tool and carving something. I hope it isn't a hobby which goes on and on. I'm liking them less and less. He is a vegan and is being very pushy about Barb's and my watching this dvd on how it cures everything. Hmmmmm, wonder whether it cures a pushy personality.

Barb's little GGD is here and is already having breakfast on the Balcony. She's a cute and happy baby. I went out to see her this morning. We have just enough roof to keep us dry in front of our units but the chairs down in "The Lounge" part are soaked, including one chairpad. I had left it down for Tweety to sleep on yesterday when we were all using the close-in chairs.

When Barb and I left to take her car to the airport for her kids, Tweety was on my chair. It was cold so I got her little towel and covered her. When we got back, she was sleeping on it. I offered to let her in but she was sooooo contented just snoozing on her chair. She was there again this morning and I let her in to eat. Then, she went out. I put the bowl of food and the cream out for her. Evidently, Simon came along and finished it off. Tweety could never eat that much by herself. He will usually eat a lot and if it's cold, he will finish off everything.

I have been off my feedbag and only wanting small snacks. Don't know why. Wonder whether it has anything to do with my lack of energy. Oh well, I can always finish my cleaning tomorrow. Hope everyone else has a great weekend.

Love, Mikie