New Lounge 164 Welcoming You In

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hope I remembered the right number. My brain is barely functioning. The PT is so painful that it leaves me exhausted. Got my labwork back and it wasn't good. It wasn't horrible but the writing is on the wall. I have to cut carbs and exercise more. Bloodwork showed presence of allergy(ies) so the doc was willing to give me an Rx for my Combivent inhaler and albuterol. My old meds expired in 2011. Next month, Combivent has to change it's formula. It contains the stuff which depletes the ozone cover. The co-pay now is $45; I suppose the "new and improved" formula will cost more.

Doc also redid my clonazepam (Klonopin; aka "Super K"). Hope this stops the ongoing confusion over how many I get. He is more than happy to prescribe enough that I can take between one and two tablets (180 for a 90 day supply) but his office keeps responding to refill calls with 90 for a 90 day supply. Then, the doc blames the pharmacy. Oy! It's the women working in his office, and he, who continue to mess up. Target has been pretty good about it.

Barb and I are having lunch at The Outback later in the day with another friend/neighbor. We like to go about 3:00, after the lunch crowd is gone and before the early dinner crowds arrive. There is a 1:30 show at the planitarium about the June skies. I would like to see it as things are just now getting interesting in the night sky. Of course, that assumes I can stay awake to see it :) I just realize I typed, "before the dinner crows arrive." There are crows everywhere down here so this is very apt. They swoop down and eat the cats' food. The blue jays do too. We had a bright red cardinal in our tree the other day. I love to see them. We didn't have them in CO.

OK, that's the extent of my exciting life (NOT!). Hope y'all have a wonderful, painless, and energetic day.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Oops! I jumped ahead by 10 and software won't let me edit the title. Sorry for any confusion. If y'all are confused, welcome to my world!

Love, Mikie
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Yes, I am confused too. I also take a gen. Flexeril and super K :)! However, I take them at night. I have to get ready to go to the dentist and then get my hair done and then to store and pick up my new dosage of Armour Thyroid. Hope it works or back on Synthroid. My b/p has been going crazy at times and gets the docs crazy too :)

Glad you got your new script MIKIE. I know they can sometimes drive you crazy trying to keep up with all the meds and also now a new prescription coverage

Hope none of our friends are caught in these weird storms. Have to go check in the Porch before I leave. After the teeth I get my hair done and then pick up my meds ate CVS.

TTYL !

Love,
    Granni
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Granni, wow, teeth and hair in one day. I'm getting to the point where I can only do one major thing at a time. Yes, I take my Special K at bedtime. I set the alarm on my cell phone so I don't forget. I hope the Armour helps. The peptide injections fixed my hypothyroidism and I had to stop the Synthroid because it was giving me tachycardia once I no longer needed it. I'm able to make my own T3 but some people can't. Armour was all we had for years before it was synthesized.

Barb and I took an easy walk around the hood. I'm not going crazy with my diet nor my exercises, especially not until after tomorrow's PT. I think I'll do the running in the pool for exercise and swimming laps. Therapist thinks swimming laps would help the shoulder. It's been raining every afternoon and it's hot and humid, so any exercise has to be done early in the day. Lots of friends/neighbors stopped by the Balcony, some with their dogs. One of the men who stops by is going to the Outback with us. If I'm hungry, I'll have the steak and just a side salad or veggies. I'm not going to drink until I'm off the ibuprophen and I'm taking less ibuprophen now anyway. Liver panel wasn't bad but it wasn't perfect either. As it is, I only have a couple of drinks a week normally.

I think low carbs and exercise are the keys to success in my case. Our male friend told us about a healthfood store called, Skinny Pantry. I'm going to look for some wheat-free bread or, at least, some gluten-free which isn't like cardboard. Our friend is skinny so he must know what he's talking about.

I've had my bath but will wait til the last minute to get dressed and put on my makeup. I may even take a quick nap. Nothing on TV but lousy reruns which were no good to begin with. Whine, whine, whine!

Love to everyone,
    Mikie
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Mikie - You are right and I ended up not doing anything due to my b/p and pain in back of head and neck. Sometimes it is hi b/p and many times I think it is just the OA and FM kicking in more than I would like. Can you believe that I drown 1/2 to tell them to cancel my apt? I did tend to do but on the way there I just felt so bad and not know ing my b/p I was afraid to go and then have it get worse. So I drove home and canceled my hair appt. too. I just took it easy and kept taking my b/p. When I woke up before meds it was 148/85 or 88 or something like that. After taking my meds a little while it was higher than that.

I expected it to go down but did didn't. So then I became anxious and I guess I worried the whole way to the dentist afraid of a wreck. I even missed my turn.I usually don't do two things in one day and ended up doing none. I let my doc know what was happening and I mentioned also that my b/p meds were running low besides getting a new dosage for Armour Thyroid but not sure I will be able to keep that. I bet the doc wants to change my meds ( b/p). I surely hope they are not the expensive ones. Good grief I am a mess. I am so mad cause I didn't go to my hair appt. my hair needs cutting especially so bad !!

Wish this weekend wasn't Fathers Day. A few kids are coming over, thank goodness with some food. I am making a brisket in the oven (BBQ) and will furnish some shrimp for appetizers, but probably not enough :)!! I also bought some potatoes and macaroni salad and will throw in some hard boiled eggs on top and put paprika on it so it looks pretty. Oh, I can chop some scallions / green onions to put on top to garnish.

Hope some others will pop in on the Lounge too. Sorry you are having to have some changes made too in meds. It looks like we both will and the cost I am guessing will be more. Hope they can find some generics that will help. Right now I am on strong enough stuff that are generic.

Goodnight Mike and all who may be lurking about.

Love,
    Granni
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Granni and everyone. I'm so sorry you are having so many problems right now. I'm now on the 4th BP med because I couldn't tolerate the others; the Beta Blocker gave me an asthma attack. The one I'm on lowers norepinephren in the brain. At first, I couldn't sleep with it and I felt like I was PMSing all the time. I stuck with it, though, and now, I tolerate it well. There are tons of generic BP meds, none expensive. I take the generic form of Cozaar, which was expensive. The generic, Losartan, isn't expensive and it helps the BP meds to work. I've had no side effects from it. It lowers the risk of strokes and heart attacks by 16 percent in studies. Between both drugs, my BP is usally very good. It's been off because of the shoulder pain, especially my pulse but it's returning to normal. Usually, getting BP under control is a series of trial and error.

We had lots of people for coffee on The Balcony yesterday and some dogs. Of course, the cats are always around too. One of our friends, a nice man, decided to go to lunch at The Outback with Barb, me and our fried, Nancy. We had the best time and really enjoyed ourselves. When we got home, Nancy had to go home to her pooch because he's deathly afraid of thunder and he has seizures. Barb and I, and our male friend, sat on The Balcony and had the best discussion about religion, spirituality, and science. It was a nice departure from the usual gossip. Now I know why in the old days, people had salons to disscuss ideas. It's very stimulating.

My only change in meds was to get my doc to prescribe new albuterol for my nebulizier, a new Combivent rescue inhaler, and the corect dosage/amt. for my Special K. I got it all straightened out at the Target pharmacy. I also got two new 3# weights. I feel like a wimp compared to what used to lift before I got sick. Oh well!

Happy Fathers Day to you and yours and to all our Online Family.

Love, Mikie
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Mikie - a quick HI. I am on Losartan the highest dosage I think plus Verapamil. Prices are great but who knows what he might try and put me on. I have another doc apt this afternoon. The office called and wanted me to come in. Took a lower dose Armour this morning the woke up with it a bit hi already. I need to take my meds now and see what happens.

Need to check the Porch and a few more areas and then need to get dre3ssed and work to do for this weekend.

Yes, I hope you have a great Fathers Day and everyone else as well. May be back later.

Love you all,
    Granni
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Mikie - Whoops the docs office called to say they canceled my appointment due him being the only one there and lots of emergencies. He thought I would be find doing relation exercises, breathing and not to take my b/p so much. I really don't but have the past few days due to the new Thyroid dosage. It is stru when you see a bad reading you get uptight and then the reading goes up even more.

Have a nice weekend Mikie and everyone else lurking about.

Love ya,
    Granni
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hah! Stupid me. Barb and I looove the hot dogs at both Lowe's and Home Depot. I decided I had to have one despite the wheat allergy. Well, I paid for it with horrible stomach aches all night. Think it's finally passed and I've learned my lesson. I actually have some gluten free hot dog buns at home here. We love those hot dogs as much as more expensive dinners out but we don't have them that often. We stopped at the Skinny Pantry and I got some millet and rye bread to try. This should tell me whether I'm allergic to wheat or gluten. I got a nice little compressor to fill tires and other inflatables on sale.

Today, I'm taking it easy. Yesterday was my last PT session and we worked hard. I will be doing my PT at home every other day just like I used to work out with weights. Muscles need a day in between to recover. Since I had stomach distress all night, I decided I wasn't up to going over to the pool this morning. As Scarlett said, "Tomorrow is another day."

Love and peace,
    Mikie
  10. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Where can you bye hot dogs at Lowes and Home Depot or was it at a place nearby:)!??? Or is that something they have in your area of Fl? There are also other things in some hot dogs that can cause problems. I remember one year many moons ago I went to get a FREE HOT DOG in Las Vegas when they gave away free things. They do not do that any more... I got sicker than a dog with nausea , vomiting and running to the bathroom. It ruined a wonderful place we were going to eat in with wonderful seafood. I drank sprite I think and or hot tea while everyone else ate wonderful food. Some of them have dyes as well as nitrates and maybe other things. I didn't know it had wheat it, maybe the bun. Who knows what are in some hot dogs. Hope you are feeling much better. I know it is not fun. That was the beginning of my IBS phase. Haven't had much of that lately just gas ):!!

Yes, it is a good idea for you to take it easy today. Was just wondering about Pam that used to come to the Lounge and if she just got lost coming here. Glad we did hear from Rock at the Porch, I think it was today or yesterday.

Hugz to you,
    Granni
    rockgor likes this.
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Granny, yes, I miss Sue, Leah, and Linda. Geez, we've lost a lot of our usual suspects. I miss them and hope they figure out how to use the new forums.

Just outside the Exit doors at both stores are hot dog vendors who sell other things, like Italian sandwiches and sausages. They are dirt cheap but use good dogs. I have gluten free hot dog buns and think that, from now on, I'll just eat hd's at home.

Range of motion in shoulder is full, or about 98 percent. Only problem is that the bicep aches when I do the PT. Now, the other shoulder has a very sore spot but I don't think it's the same problem. Think I'll keep my appt. this coming week to have the doc check this one out. I'll take a shot but, if it needs surgery, I'll pass for now.

It's HOT here! I sat out on the balcony for a bit but came in. It was too hot. It's one of those days when I just don't enjoy being around chatty neighbors who interrupt all the time. I'd rather come here :) I told Rock I wish I had a good blonde joke, light bulb joke, or bar joke but none of the ones I know are fit for public telling.

I was actually a blonde joke personified when I tried to change a bulb across the street. Their assn. and ours try to watch out for one another. A single mom of two little kids had the bulb burned out in the lantern outside her townhouse. It took me forever to figure out how to open the top of the lantern to change the bulb. If it had not been covered with bugs and cobwebs, I think it might have been easier. Once I figured it out, it was really simple but different than any I have ever seen. How many blondes does it take to change a light bulb? I don't know because we don't like messing around in places full of bugs and cobwebs. I guess one blonde could do it if she cleaned the fixture first.

My kids are wanting to come down to visit and I'm just not up to it yet. July 2nd is my DGS's birthday and his other grandparents are visiting up in Atlanta. I know the kids aren't gonna want to wait but I'm going to tell them I'm not going to be up to it this month. They can come down after the other grandparents leave up there.

To all our MIA, please pop in to let us know how y'all are doing. We would love to have some newcomers here too.

Love, Mikie
    rockgor likes this.
  12. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Hi Mikie and Granni and Et. Al. Not to be confusiated with Et tu, Brute.

Just finished peeling potatoes and carrots for the chicken stew Gordon is making. I was
    the sous chef. Not to be confusiated with Sioux City Sue, a fine old song Kate Smith
    and others recorded. It was popular when I was in grade school.

We have crows and blue jays here too, Mikie. But the blue jays in the west are different than
    the ones back in the MidWest. I remember the ones in Yellowstone were called stellar jays.
    Maybe named after a Mr. Stellar? They had stellar personalities?

Modern crows are a lot different than the ones in the days of my yute. (That's how
    my uncle pronounced it.) In the old days crows were smart and avoided people. You
    couldn't get within half a mile of one. They could tell the difference between a farmer
    carrying a hoe and one with a rifle. Nowadays they hang out in cities. Saw a couple last
    summer chasing a hawk away from our neighborhood.

Are you making progress with your therapy, Mikie, or is it slow going? My back has been
    actin' up for more than the past week. I creep around the house in a gingerly fashion. Maybe
    next week I'll try creeping in a Freddie sorta style.

Granni, is your head and neck pain due to high blood pressure or to orthopedic concerns?
    I'm supposed to take Lisinopril for blood pressure, but I seldom bother. I have 4 meds
    assigned. Two I quit taking; one I take now and then. The diabetes dosage I cut in half.
    Cutting down on meds made me slightly less foggy in the noggin. Bad enough to have
    Alz; no sense aggravatin' it.

I hope you have a nice Father's Day gathering. Gosh, it's been 15 years or so since I got
    a Father's Day card. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't get married; have a child;
    become an attorney; move to LA. Ha Ha. The wish almost everybody has but nobody can
    ever attain.

Hugs
    Rock
  13. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Hi Rock et al,

I have been on here already to long, the computer so this will be short.

I suspect my head and neck is combo of both OA, FM and maybe some b/p. I should probably have an MRI but they cost to much ):!! Cutting back on your meds isn't a good thing but I understand. Who know if our script and medical plan is eliminated from DH';s work who knows what we all might have to do. I'd be in a pickle for sure with 2 b/p meds for hi b/p and that is only the b/p !! Now working on the thyroid . We'll see what will happen on these meds next lab work.

We had a very nice Fathers Day with 2 of the kids their spouses and our grand daughter.. Very nice time. Gotta get going and tomorrow will be busy so won't be on early . May make it in the afternoon or evening. DH has lots of big ideas. The tree trimming man is coming tomorrow early and I have to be there DH says - to make sure he cuts the right trees down? Ha ! We don't have enough money. It is mostly branches over the roof of our house.

Hugs to you Rock and awl,
    Love,
    rockgor likes this.
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hmmmmm, when you say it, Granni, it sounds like Rocket Al. With a dog named Zippy, I think Rocket is a perfect nom du post. Sorry your neck is bothering you. The co-pay for my MRI was $106. By the time I'm through, I will have spent in excess of $1,000 in co-pays for my shoulder. It had to be done, though because the bone spur would have kept on shredding the tendon and rotator cuff until there was unbearable pain and little use of the arm. I have an Advantage Plan so I pay no premiums but when I use it for something big--YOWZA!!!

Glad you Fathers Day was good. I slept the weekend away. Now that most of the ROM is restored in my arm and shoulder, I'm taking the PT down to where I'm not in pain all the time and exhausted. Geez, that's why I had the surgery in the first place. This morning, early, about 7:30, I went to the pool and ran in the shallow end to get my pulse rate up for 20 mins. I swam some laps and did some stretching. Barb came over and we had our coffee at the pool. It was nice.

I did watch "To Kill A Mockingbird" last night. It came out the year I graduated from HS. I never read the book and really wasn't ready to get much out of the movie. I loved seeing it again. Wow! What a story!
    Rock, in the movie, Atticus said it was a sin to kill Mockingbirds but OK to kill the blue jays. I laughed at that one. I just realized his name was, Finch. Boy, nothing gets by me--duh! o_O We love our little Mockingbirds who sing to us when we are on the Balcony. It is the aggressive jays and crows that we hate. Because of unwise development, a lot of the nesting areas for large birds have disappeared so now, the place belongs to the nasty birds we don't like. We still have our Ibises, Herons, Egrets, and Storks but not in the abundance we once enjoyed.

There is fresh money to restore the Everglades and that should help. We have nature preserves in our county too. We are trying to undo what the developers have done. Well, that and the Army Corps of Engineers when they thought it wise to straighten the river bringing fresh water to the Gulf from Lake Okachobie. Nature has a reason for oxbows in rivers; they clean the water. Now we have to fix the chemicals from the sugar cane fertilizer from entering the river and into the delta. Managing the salinity balance is an art and a science. If it gets out of balance, Morther Nature rains down all kinds of hell on waterlife and waterplants.

I just read that people in the country here are getting notices that companies will be drilling for gas near their property. It's getting so we can't escape what? Progress? Y'all might as well live in LA because I don't think there's anyplace left to run. OK, I think that's my rant du jour.

Guess I had better get going. Wishing everyone a wonderful week.

Love, Mikie
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Geez, where is everyone? I hope everyone is gone because they all feel so well and are busy doing other things. I did a lot yesterday but today, it's just soooo hot out and I'm tired. After we had our coffee on the balcony, I got the pruners and cut the dead ends off some branches on our Cashia tree. I can't reach them all but made it look a lot better near the balcony railing. Some of the trees here got some kind of fungal infection as did ours. The African Tulip across the pond isn't looking too good. Our poor little tree lost a lot of leaves but it is trying to leaf out again except where some branches died.

Well, my arm got a good workout and I got hot and sweaty. I'm inside cooling off. I am keeping my apt. with the doc on Fri. because I have issues with the nonsurgical shoulder now. I want to find out what it is before it gets to be a problem like the other one. So, pain is still a big issue and where there's pain, there's exhaustion. It seems never to end. Whine, whine, whine :(

My e-mail got hacked and it's sending out bad e-mails to everyone in my address book. I got mine from a columnist over at the Miami Herald whose acct. was no doubt hacked. I am getting some of the e-mails resent to me and I'm double deleting everything. I changed my e-mail password and changed my bank password too (not a bad idea to do from time to time anyway). I ran a whole system scan on my computer and there are no corrupted files. So, I think this is just a pain-in-the-neck problem but one never know whether there is malicious malware lurking in these e-mails. I just updated Barb's antiviral software.

I also got an inspection set up for our bldg. for "wind mitigation." They inspect the attic space and exterior. Certain construction makes a bldg. better able to hold up in hurricane winds. We get a rebate on our insurance premiums when we submit the forms and pics to our ins. companies. These forms expire after five years and then, we have to get another one. With condo assns., there's always something which needs doing. Our mgmt. co. is supposed to set these things up but the mgr. is caring for her sick husband and nothing is getting done. So, we're just gonna do it ourselves and get it done.

All us old folks are trying to figure out how to save money. I cut and color my own hair and I've cut the paper delivery to only Sat. and Sun. I can read the rest of the week online. We've debated the value of the $55 charge to belong to Costco. The 2 percent reward on their Amex card means one would have to spend $2,750 to break even; however, I calculated how much I save by buying my K-Cups for coffee there and, even though it's only pennies a day, I save at least $58 a year on coffee alone. So, I'm keeping my Costco membership.

This is about as much excitement as I can take for one day so will go watch TV. Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Love, Mikie
  16. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Just wasted to pop it to say hi too. Still crazy b/p and pain in my head and neck. I have a wrap thing I can heat or cool and put on which is somewhat helpful.

Diane - The garlic is something we have taken for some time. It is good for lots of things, a natural antibiotic too as well as cholesterol. Sorry you are still feeling sort of yucky !!

BTW, Mikie has had surgery and not sure if she is still taking PT for it. I know how that goes, low and slow and it hurts. I had the broken elbow years ago and PT. Man that was very painful to make it move even just alittle bit. Took a long time but joints are the worst !!

Mikie - sorry your computer got hacked. That is really bad news and hope it gets fixed real soon !!!

Got some more computer work to do and then who knows. I did a wash already - yay. I hope to go tomorrow to have my hair done that was supposed to get done last week. I'm still planning on it. Morfe later.

Love to everydobby,
    Granni
  17. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, guys, sooooo glad to see y'all here. Diane, I'm the Herxing Queen so I know what you're going through. It's one of those things where it gets worse before it gets better. I hope by the time you see this, you are feeling better. Sinusitis is the worst! I hope this helps. I also hope Kevin can do something to make reading the boards easier for you.

Granni, yes, the PT is soooo painful and long. I no longer go to see the therapist but do things here at home. I've been trying to swim one day and use my weights and elastic band the other. Today, however, I'm resting the arm to see how it feels for the doc tomorrow. I also want to see what's going on with the other shoulder. My guess is that I might get a shot in both shoulders to get the inflammation down. I'm trying to work up to being able to play a bit of tennis. I went to Costco today and they had Head racquets on sale so I got one. It was really inexpensive and sooooo much lighter than my old graphite one which cost four times what this one did. I'm being patient but optimistic about the tennis thing. If I can't do it, I'll return the racquet.

I got two cases of Smart Water for my car for hurricane season in case I have to evacuate. I always keep water during the season. I'll pick up a couple of gallons for the house. Publix stores each have huge generators so they can stay open after storms. I also got two large boxes of K-Cups. They have dropped the price $5 per box this month. I may go back and pick up a couple more. Now, I'm a coffee hoarder in addition to being a paper products hoarder.

It was raining so hard when I came out of Costco and I had left my umbrella in the car. It usually rains later in the day. I saw an empty cardboard box sitting outside the store so I held it over my head. I asked a lady sitting there whether she liked my rain hat. Ha! Ha! I had a really hard time driving even with the wipers at warp speed. I kept expecting to see animals, walking two by two behind an old man with a beard, wearing long robes.

I got a rotisserie chicken and just ate some for lunch. Mmmmmm!

Hope everyone is doing well/better. I'll let y'all know what the doc says tomorrow.

Love, Mikie
  18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Wow! Where are our Loungers? I'm feelin' mighty lonely here. Come out, come out, come out and play.

Saw Doc's asst. this morning and she just thinks my shoulders both need to rest and heal. We don't know why the nonsurgical shoulder is acting up a bit. I have an appt. in a month I can cancel if I don't need it or, if I need one sooner, I can go in. X-ray didn't show anything but there is a bit of a bone spur on that side too. It'll only need attention if it gets really painful, like the other side.

I came home and tore out a shelf in the armoire in my bedroom and moved it to put my TV up higher. I think I've been lying with the arm behind my neck to prop up my head to watch TV. Then, I lay down and went to sleep. No more hard work or exercises for a few days to give the shoulders a chance to rest. I iced them both up good after I put my tools away. Even though I'm supposed to be resting the shoulders, I've been meaning to get that done just in case it was causing me to lie with my arm behind my neck for hours. A TV in the bedroom needs to be up high. It's good to have gotten it done.

My friend downstairs just got another great grandbaby. She's adorable. How great is technology that she sent me a pic and text message right after she was born.

Well, that's about it. No one to talk to. Hope someone stops by but weekends are usually quiet. Hope everyone has a good one.

Love, Mikie
  19. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Diane, sooooo glad you like this doc. I like mine because of the shots which got rid of my symptoms but he can be a bit "out there" sometimes. Still, he is happy to prescribe my Special K and hormones, so I stick with him. Honestly, I don't need much else from my PCP. With my Advantage plan, I don't have to get referrals to see specialists, like my orthopedic doc. My gyno has a Dexascan and Mammogram X-ray unit, so I can get it all done in one appt. I also like that one-stop "shopping."

I woke up early, fed Simon and myself, and went back to bed til 9:00. Sat out with Barb for a while but came back in as it was getting warm out. Think I'll just veg unless I get the energy to clean the kitchen and run the dishwasher. So, nothing exciting going on around here. I hope to see the Supermoon in the morning when it rises. We have buildings and trees across the little pond out back so I can't see the horizon but, if it's not cloudy, I'll be able to see the moon about an hour after rising. I love celestial events.

Have a good day. I ditto what you say to our Loungers who are MIA.

Love, Mikie
  20. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Hi Diane - Glad you like your new doc and that he is not to far away. That is important for me who is not thrilled with driving but I do what is needed in area with which I am familiar :)!! The hospital is about 10 miles I guess or a bit less so that is good. We also have a nice new facility which is being used for Emergencies. So most time you don't have to go to the hospital if it is an emergency. Can also call 911 and hope for quick help but I don't particularly want to have to use that option. However, in our subdivision they come pretty quickly and get you where needed.

I suspect there will be lots of emergency clinics all over, depending on the area to keep the mobs from the hospitals :)! That really is not a laughing matter though.

Mikie - Glad you are having a nice day. Hope it will be restful for you. Hope you can see the pretty moon as it rises. Think I may go lie down. My head is killing me again , in the back...Darn ! Yes, I do miss all our Porch and Lounge friends. too

Love,
    Granni