New Low-Carb Recipes

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by xindy, Aug 26, 2004.

1. xindy

xindy New Member

Found these recipes on http://info.savvyfaire.com along with free coupons and cuisine menus. I copied and pasted this recipe after trying it out myself... Check it out.

The Pumpkin Seed Salad was delicious, you gotta try it. They also have a great one for pork chops. Here is the salad recipe: For the Savvy Salad With Pumpkin Seed Oil, Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, and Melted Cheese
    1 package mixed salad greens or butter lettuce, washed
    2 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin seed oil or your favorite flavored olive oil
    Scant teaspoon apple cider vinegar
    Pinch Kosher salt
    1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
    Raclette or soft pecorino cheese or Port Salut - cut into slices about 1/8 inch thick
    Pinch black pepper

Heat a medium skillet, add the pumpkin seeds and toast until they begin to “pop” and turn slightly brown. Remove from the heat and set aside. Place the salad greens in a large bowl and add the kosher salt and mix the greens. Add enough oil to just coat the leaves then toss. Don’t over oil. Add the apple cider vinegar and toss well. Add pepper.

Place a slice of cheese near the edge of one side of the plate and heat in the microwave until melted and bubbly, approximately 20 seconds. Place some of the pumpkin seeds then salad on the plate. Garnish over the salad with the more toasted pumpkin seeds.

I’d love to start a thread of low-carb recipes that people have tried and liked... Please post!

2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Go to post on arthritis board--titled something like "dieting to reduce pain". We are in the process of coming up with a weight loss support group on the chat board. One of the ladies indicated that there is a weight loss category. I've not checked it out yet.

I've had spectacular results with the South Beach Diet. I think we are going to stick to whatever diet we feel comfortable with, and hopefully share recipes.

Anyway, the idea is in its infancy. So come over to the arthritis board and check us out. Joyfully