NEW LYME TEST better than Western Blot

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by victoria, Apr 16, 2007.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

This is a post I got from one of the yahoo Lyme lists I'm on:

The New Lyme test 'Rapid Antigen Identification of Bb by Flow Cytometry' has been approved for Medicare and insurance payment.

Both the laboratory and test have received State and CLIA Certification. The test is NOT in research status. For those of you who don't understand how important the STATE & CLIA Certifications are, let me explain.

For STATE Certification - the Central Florida Research Lab was inspected by a team of Inspectors from the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.

For CLIA Certification - the CLIA program (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments) is administered by the Centers for MEDICARE and Medicaid Services (CMS), an agency of the Department of Health and Human Services.

CLIA CERTIFICATION is required for all Laboratories performing clinical laboratory testing that is considered valid.

You can view these Certifications and testing validations at the Central Florida Research website:
    http://centralfloridaresearch.com/lab/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=36

More info about the Lab from their website:
    245 N. Seminole Avenue
    Lake Alfred, Florida 33850

Mailing Address:
    P. O. Box 599
    Lake Alfred, Florida 33850

Phone Number: (863) 956-3538
    Fax Number: (863) 956-0839

Medical Director: Clifford H. Threlkeld, DO, FCAP

Florida State License Number: 800021816

CLIA Certificate #: 10D1059481

Everyone has said we need a better test - well here it is folks. The lab was required by the state to use the antibody test the Western Blot as the 'Gold Standard' in the testing for approval, and the new test out performed the Western Blot by a appreciable percentage. Both the lab and the test passed first time around without any recommendations.

---------

It will be interesting for people to get retested with this...

But again, the Bb Lyme spirochete STILL needs to be present in the blood to be detected.

All the best,
    Victoria

2. grace54

grace54 New Member

I should have my results soon from them, will report when I do:)
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

how long did they tell you it would take?

I'm not sure if it is going to be better than the Western Blot; time will tell, I guess. Sometimes in the long run things don't do as well as expected, but I am hoping this test does.

I am going to try to remember to also ask my son's doctor (he has an app't with him tomorrow) what his opinion of it is.

Good luck!
    Victoria