New Lyrica Commercial

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Iam1ShadyLady, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Iam1ShadyLady

Iam1ShadyLady New Member

I don't know about any of you, but I am on 300mg a day of Lyrica and I have never yet felt like doing everything that the white haired lady in that commercial was doing. I am seriously thinking of suing them for false advertising. I wonder if we could get a class action law suit started with one of those Tort Lawyers?

Just when I thought they were showing some compassion and sympathy!!! I should have known better!

SHELL
  2. mary.r.ziegler.

mary.r.ziegler. New Member

I hope this gets posted. I'm from another site where lyrica has been prescribed for any pain fron backache to gout. More later.
  3. mary.r.ziegler.

mary.r.ziegler. New Member

I hope this gets posted. I'm from another site. We all have been presribed lyrica and not for fibromylagia. Please if you have time,visit, and read the horror stories. Don't leave this site because you are helping to support each other with your disease, but maybe you can help us who don't have it. Either way we all need a lawyer for one reason or another.here goes, the site is called The Peoples Medicine community, prescriptionDrug-Info. Com but the web site I want you to go to to read our stories is: www.PrescriptionDrug-Info.com/DiscussLyrica-lawsuit-203458_s2.htm?ts=1367087763. I hope L got it right and the monitors will post it. We have 2 deaths already. With your help and support aybe we can find a lawyer. Also, there has to be a better and safer drug for you. The FDA pulled Darvocet off the market because of side effects. So we who suffer arthritis and other bone problems were put on vicodan or tylenol #3. Both havecodeine. Now we have elderly codeine addicts running around. Google the side effcts of lyrica and darvocet. Wich is worse. I don't remember darvocet killing anyone. Maybe the monitors of this site can join forces, if they care.
  4. kbak

kbak Member

Hi,<BR>
    I hate those commercials. they imply if you take this drugs you'll be fine. Then your friends and family say "why don't you take Lyrica so you'll be better". Those ads do more to hurt us than help us!<BR>
    <BR>
    Take care,<BR>
    kbak
  5. kbak

kbak Member

Hi,<BR>
    I hate those commercials. they imply if you take this drugs you'll be fine. Then your friends and family say "why don't you take Lyrica so you'll be better". Those ads do more to hurt us than help us!<BR>
    <BR>
    Take care,<BR>
    kbak
  6. gb66

gb66 Active Member

Teabiscuit's statement "since when is fibro just a disease of pain?" reminds me of the name Chronic "Fatigue" Syndrome. Just a disease of fatigue?<BR>
    <BR>
    I wish that it was just a disease of fatigue. There are about 20 other symptoms, all worse than the fatigue.<BR>
    <BR>
    The biggest problem for sufferers of FM and CFS as far as the commercials go, is that most people already don't believe the severity of the pain and suffering with either of these diseases. <BR>
    <BR>
    Then, the ads portray us as depressed and with a few aches and pains. CFS and FM sufferers just don't get the understanding that the illnesses merit. Even from doctors. If it doesn't show up in your blood or on an x-ray/mri/cat scan, it must be all in your head. GB66
    <br><br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 04/30/2013</i>]
  7. gb66

gb66 Active Member

Teabiscuit's statement &quot;since when is fibro just a disease of pain?&quot; reminds me of the name Chronic &quot;Fatigue&quot; Syndrome. Just a disease of fatigue?&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    I wish that it was just a disease of fatigue. There are about 20 other symptoms, all worse than the fatigue.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    The biggest problem for sufferers of FM and CFS as far as the commercials go, is that most people already don't believe the severity of the pain and suffering with either of these diseases. &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Then, the ads portray us as depressed and with a few aches and pains. CFS and FM sufferers just don't get the understanding that the illnesses merit. Even from doctors. If it doesn't show up in your blood or on an x-ray/mri/cat scan, it must be all in your head. GB66
    <br><br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 04/30/2013</i>]
  8. charlenef

charlenef New Member

you can take a look on my post (i hate the new fibro commercial)
  9. ironspine

ironspine New Member

My mouth hung wide open when I saw it. What are they thinking??? I agree, I take 200mg. a day and still don't have energy to "dress up" and go vacationing. This makes it look like Lyrica makes us all normal again and able to do anything we want. This is exactly the stigma we are fighting against. Even with any medication we DON'T feel normal. Many of us had to quit our jobs, me included. Why in the world can't they just interview some real Fibro people and get it RIGHT!!!!! I guess it's because then their product won't look as wonderful if they showed a real person with fibro. And you're right, it is false advertising. I was so mad I wanted to write them a letter right away!
    Donna
  10. Honora88

Honora88 Member

like a bunch of psychosomatic freaks who are committed to staying in our current condition.

I feel if I resist any recommendation I am viewed as someone who is not open to change or treatment and am stuck in "this is how cfid really works and things will never change".

When getting reviewed for SSDI if they see that the person is resistant to any recommendations they can use it against you.
  11. justmestephd

justmestephd New Member

If you notice though it is the same way with all drug commercials they make it seem like you are cured. There is not one drug commercial that said well it worked for a day or two then stopped or I tried it and it didn't work. They are trying to promote their product. So annoying!!!
  12. beckster

beckster New Member

JUST THE NAME ITSELF IS INSULTING to all of us. Lyrica. Sure doesnt make the disease sounds serious nor even the medication.

Can you imagine the pharma companies nameing a drug for say cancer or ms "lyrica"????!!!!****

Lyrica--makes it sound like if i take two of these i will turn into Joni Mitchell or Bob Dylan or something . . .
  13. missgarrett

missgarrett New Member

The new Lyrica commercial, and many other Lyrica commercials enrage me to no end! Yeah and right, nobody with Fibro looks like that! How did she take a shower, do her hair, put make-up on, have her laundry done to get dressed? How can she possibly travel? Plus she's a skinny B. Most fibro sufferers gain at least 25 lbs. Show the real stuff and maybe then we can start a foundation for new research on a cure and make our own commercials. They make her look so overinduldged and whiney about her little aches and pains. The one I like is the one with all the bruses on the lady. That is more like it. In fact, make her naked with bruises all over her body and then we may as well make her a mentally incompetent, forgetful woman that lost her high paying job and whose spouse left her, and family and friends that do not understand cause they can not "see" the Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatique. How about a commercial of her in old grimey comfortable clothes and in socks, taking her broke butt in a beat up old car to doctor after doctor after doctor! I had an alergic reaction to Lyrica. If you can take it I am happy for you. OMG - this is how we are being portrayed to the public. The Pharm companies have no clue - they just want to make something that will make them richer. God Bless all you real women out there that struggle every day to cope and go on, even though it is so hard trying.
  14. Iam1ShadyLady

Iam1ShadyLady New Member

If I ever tried to do everything that she did, I would fall over dead. I would at least be down for the week. I lost my job in March and now I struggle just to go to my drs appts and try to keep the house straightened up. I don't clean my house anymore, I just straighten it and it drives me crazy but I know if I break down and scrub something I am going to pay for it for days. I really like the spoon theory, cause that is exactly the way that I am, and I am on Lyrica. I am staying on Lyrica cause it is FDA approved and my doc wants me on it and I am trying to get SSA. Can't refuse a treatment, like someone said earlier. It does nothing for me. I still hurt everyday, every freakin' day!!!!

Ok, rant over. I wonder seriously what can be done about their stupid commercials? It is false advertising, and we have a hard enough time getting people to understand when we can't do something. That commercial makes it look like we should be able to take the magic pill and be superwomen again!!!! Ok, though rant was over, guess I was wrong. I think I am going to call the 800 number and give them a piece of my mind. Maybe they'll refer me to a manager or something.

SHELL
  15. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

Those commercials make us look like whiners refusing the new miracle cure. I absolutely despise each of their different commercials--get real, we already know in our survey here that there is about a 50% positive, and those positives include many different side-effects.

As we all know, we each have many different symptoms just amongst ourselves. How on earth can Lyrica cure us all!

Then there are the emails and phone calls from our loved ones pushing to take this miracle drug.
  16. Iam1ShadyLady

Iam1ShadyLady New Member

This is what I posted:

I would like to know just how long I need to be on the 300mg a day of Lyrica that I am on before I feel like the lady in your last commercial. I think this is false advertising as I have been on this drug for 4 months and can still barely function. I am on several online support groups and no one feels like the lady in your commercial. This is an outrage to people who really have FM. Please change your commercials to a more accurate description of how your drug really works.
  17. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

ALL medication commercials do this. They all make it look like whatever medication they are selling will make you feel wonderful or totally fix your problem. That is the point...to make you want to try the med.

It is unfortunate that this portrays people differently than we feel but there really isn't anything we can do about it...it is not specifically a Lyrica thing.

I have been on Lyrica for over 2 years and I am happy with it's results...but I am not like the people in the commercials.

Like I said before this isn't a Lyrica only issue, ALL med commercials are like this so I don't think there is any action that can be taken as it is the norm for advertising. Actually it isn't just meds that do it ...all advertising makes it look like the product is better than it usually turns out to be...like you will lose lots of weight, or get the girl/guy, get perfect skin and so on...They have not done anything different than any other advertiser...
  18. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

The last poster was actually correct in my opinion. You really can't fault anyone for advertising their product in the best light possible. I mean of course, they are going to show that it works - they also have tons of disclaimers as well.
    I really don't think it's necessarily false advertising - as it might help certain people who maybe aren't as severely affected as others.

My problem with the Lyrica commercials aren't really how they say Lyrica works. I actually know someone who feels it is her personal miracle. She seriously has her life back PART OF THE TIME. (That's a whole 'nother story.)

What bothers me is how the Fibro is portrayed before the person takes Lyrica. If they really understood Fibro, they would portray the people differently AND how they behaved after Lyrica "helped" them. Lyrica or any other drug doesn't make anybody "all better". However it is not Lyrica's responsibility to portray Fibro a certain way either. We certainly would like them to be responsible but they are selling a product.

That doesn't mean we don't have a right to be disappointed, angered, insulted...

I've had no problem telling people who have asked me if I'd tried the "new medicine" - yes I have, it didn't work for me and it doesn't work for 50% of others either unfortunately.
  19. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Seriously, I go completely crazy mad when I see those "depression hurts" commercials. I think they're even worse than the Lyrica commercials. They're always trying to make it sound like every symptom we have is a part of depression and if we just take Cymbalta all our pain will disappear. I can't stand it.

The Lyrica commercials are all horrible. And all they do is show skinny well made up actresses who sound like all they have are mild aches and pains. What about all the other symptoms? How about the cognitive symptoms? How about losing everything in your life due to the disease? Since when is Fibro just a disease of pain?

These companies are just trying to sell drugs and they don't care about the actual patients or what they are doing to us by falsely portraying us.