New mattress?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chloe, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Chloe

Chloe New Member

I was approved for SSD (1st try and no attorney!) and just received approx 10 mos back pay. I'm thinking of getting a new mattress and box springs. Any suggestions regarding type, brand, firmness, etc? What about one of those hospital-type beds that work like a large recliner? What has worked for any of you? Or does it really matter? I've read your thoughts on the "add-ons" -- i.e., egg-crate pad, wireless pad, etc. I thought maybe starting from scratch might be useful.
    Help!!! I would really like to get some sleep without too much of a drug hangover!!
  2. Chloe

Chloe New Member

I was approved for SSD (1st try and no attorney!) and just received approx 10 mos back pay. I'm thinking of getting a new mattress and box springs. Any suggestions regarding type, brand, firmness, etc? What about one of those hospital-type beds that work like a large recliner? What has worked for any of you? Or does it really matter? I've read your thoughts on the "add-ons" -- i.e., egg-crate pad, wireless pad, etc. I thought maybe starting from scratch might be useful.
    Help!!! I would really like to get some sleep without too much of a drug hangover!!
  3. maleficent4310

maleficent4310 New Member

Mt new bed made a world of differance. I find that the position I sleep in has alot to do with where my pain will be in the morning, so having the ridht mattress helped more than I ever thought it would. I personally have a Sealy. I love it, but I think the only way to find the right bed for you is to try them out. I am not sure what I think of thoses tilting beds. I sleep on my stomch, so it would make it hard for me, but like I said you just need to try them out. Just by lieing on one you can tell if is a yes, no, or a maybe for you. I hope you find your cloud. Good luck
  4. maleficent4310

Mt new bed made a world of differance. I find that the position I sleep in has alot to do with where my pain will be in the morning, so having the ridht mattress helped more than I ever thought it would. I personally have a Sealy. I love it, but I think the only way to find the right bed for you is to try them out. I am not sure what I think of thoses tilting beds. I sleep on my stomch, so it would make it hard for me, but like I said you just need to try them out. Just by lieing on one you can tell if is a yes, no, or a maybe for you. I hope you find your cloud. Good luck
  5. maleficent4310

6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Extra Firm, with a featherbed on top of this, then the heating mattress pad on top of the featherbed! Its soft, but then I also have the firmness too.(I didn't care for the 'pillow top' mattress, was not soft enough).

I used to sleep on my stomach, but found out that sleeping on my side with a pillow between my knees is less stressful on my back.

But like the other member said, you really need to go try out mattresses and see which one suits your needs.

I must have tired 10 beds in stores before I made my decision! Yea, its a little silly to go in the store and lay on the bed, but thats what I did.

Good luck, and take your time getting the right one.

Shalom, Shirl