New Med

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat0465, Apr 16, 2009.

1. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

Ok, i know theres a new med thats coming out called Savella. Although im not too excited, My doc said that it looks promising, and it dosne't cause the swelling & weight gain that Lyrica & neurontin does.
    Then today i get my Fibormyalgia Network Magazine in, and it says that it won't be released this month like it was supposed to be, now it's mid that my slight excitement has been turned to Cr*p. I am just so........ deflated, depressed, Lost, Don't know what to do next.

Maybe i was a tad excited then,lol. i wan't to go to a LLMD but the closest one is 5 Hours away, i have been reading up on Dr. Learner, hes about a Thousand Miles away( Literally)

the DR. i see in Houston is great, but i feel were at the end of out rope with each other. she has nothing more to offer me & dosen't even Blink as she is telling me my EBV titers are high again, and i have lesions on my Brain, and my spine is full of Arthritis.

to mention just a few things, my Question ( and i know were all in the same Boat) is. What the heck do i do now??

Im just Lost, and any Suggestions would be appreciated.
    thanks, Kat

P.S. anyone seeing any Good Dr's in Texas???[This Message was Edited on 04/16/2009]
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

have you tried the other snri's, maybe use one of them till the savella comes out. Do you take antivirals for your elevated ebv, i think thats a better way to go as it is more directed at the problem then the other meds your looking at that reduce symptoms, although still look into them.
    Good luck, keep your chin up.
  3. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

In Fact, she has never even mentioned them to me. thats why im really considering finding another doc, the good ones seem to be half way across the Country. For Texas to be so big, it seems it's sorely lacking for good Dr's
    could you elaborate on some other snri's?? are they AD's??

I just thought that maybe my EBV wasen't elevated enough to try antivirals, but the more i read up on stuff, to me anything elevated, Plus the way i feel( like death) warrants something done for that.
    Im so Frustrated, i just feel like crawling under the covers & just staying there.
    thanks for the Suggestion, i Appreciate so much
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

Kat , i would be mentioning it to her, go with a few print outs of dr lerner and montoya stuff, for ebv ask for valtrex or famvir, i take famvir and have found it helpful. i dont think many docs will mention antivirals, i think if they hear it from you they would be more likely to let you try.
  5. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

My Dr. is Pretty Understanding, so she might go for it. although don't know if she would be offended if i ask her to try a protocol from another doc, guess i won't know unless i ask.

nothing im doing there is working, for the most part all she helps me with is my Pain level & anxiety. seems like theres nothing much more for her to offer.