New Medicare Drug plan-SURVEY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jgavi, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

How many of you will be able to take advanatge of the new medicare drug program coming up on Jan 1 2006?

It will help many of us if your on medicare, so remember if you have medicare you can get on the program.

As we know some pain meds can cost $10 a pill!

so a yes or no if the plan will help you is what i am asking for on this survey....thanks jgavi
  2. puppyfreak

puppyfreak New Member

What a joke! It's a political concession that MAY help some people but really won't deal with the underlying problem of the drug companys' monopoly on medication costs.
    By all means, if it will save you money, then you should take advantage of it.
    My medications don't cost a lot, they're generics, and I get them at Costco which saves even more.
    I'm considering the AARP plan since it's cheaper. I know this means I can be penalized if I wait to sign up for the Medicare plan at a later date but who knows what it will be like in a few years anyway?
    You can go to the AARP site for a comparison of the plans or the Medicare site after October 13.

Char
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

I am on Medicare.

But I will NOT BE going on the new Medicare drug plan.

I have a much better drug plan through my pension from my former employer. So I won't need it.
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

bumping for you
  5. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

I'm not old enough to go on the new Medicare Part D, but my partner will be signing up. It's great for him because he has to live on Social Security alone. He won't be paying the premiums or co-payments.

He's going with the AARP plan because it covers all but one of his meds. And he's a member of New York's EPIC Plan, so they'll cover the remaining one.

I won't be joining when I turn 65 because I have better coverage through my former place of business. As long as it's still in existence.
  6. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

i looked up on our pharmacie's website to see how much my HMO saved me from Oct.'04 to Oct.'05. It was $1300 plus and Medicare D says it will save from $1200 to $1400. I need to talk to them and ask questions first.

Hubby is a vet. so on VA health plan for most meds.

We need to ask questions first!