New Medicine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by barbslilies, Apr 25, 2006.

1. barbslilies

barbslilies New Member

Have any of you had any experience with the new medicine Lyrica? Doctor just gave me a sample bottle and I am always nervous about something new. Have not taken any yet. It is suppose to be for nerve pain.
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

My doc gave me a sample bottle too. Told me to take 1 at bedtime to help with pain and sleep. I took it for four days and quit. My hands/feet/ankles were swollen and driving me nuts. Another med in the trash for me but thankfully it was a sample this time.

Good luck
    Tona

Put Lyrica in the Search box and you'll get a lot of info
  3. babycakes01

babycakes01 New Member

If you type in Lyrica oe medication (or something like that) in the search engine above it will pull up all the posts on that topic. Hope all goes well.
  4. cathugs

cathugs New Member

barbslilies,

Please be careful with the Lyrica!
    I had the same problems as Toni posted above.
    I,too am still recovering from the painful
    swelling.I let mine go until I almost got celulitis.
    I am still on an abx for this and still have some swelling. I have to take Lasix each morn.

Didn't help pain, but did control restless leg
    syndrome some what. And OH,YEAH! It made me gain
    about 2 lbs a week, which I REALLY needed like
    another hole in the head!
    (((( gentle hugs)))) 'cathugs' Ruth
  5. fahan

fahan New Member

was not good at all! It has left me with headaches, bone aches that I Never had before. I thought I was dying at afew times and thank my good Lord that I'm still here!!
    So much for the greedy pharmacy and their kind!! If all goes well I'll not be their scapegoat nor anything else!! fahan