New member here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by palofmine, Aug 8, 2005.

1. palofmine

palofmine New Member

Hi all, I am a 32 year old, mom to, 2 boys, 4 and 2, both with speech and language delays for 2 years no.. It has been a stressful few years with me stopping work to help take the kids to and from diffrent doctors, and deal with the stresses of every day life. We had to declare bankruptcy, we had to cut back on the "fine things", and give up alot of going out and taking the kids places.

This slumped me into a depression/anxiety, plus hubby and I werent really having any regular couple time together. I was finally put on zoloft a few montsh back on a trial pack my dr gave me, but my insurance doesnt cover that, it only covers Paxil and Wellbutrin. I had an allergic reaction to seafood june 30 and it out me in the emergency room, and every week aft ehat I brought out in hives. The 4th time that I thought i was breaking out, I was actually having a panic attack i was told, and was put on ativan. Im on prednisone and paxil right now ( the pred until the paxil reaches its level). Im so scared that when I go off the pred I will break out again. My last reaction was 1 week ahgo at my moms, and it wasnt even a bad hive breakout so the paxil must be working. I also started therapy and a journal, I started pilates, and I am doing yoga.

Has anyone had anxiety hives before?

DEB
  2. palofmine

palofmine New Member

Thankyou for the kind words, and the welcome. Why not so much exercise? I actually do pilates on Wednesdays near the college to get the heck out of the house, and then I do yoga at home right now, only a few nights a week. I do nightly meditation and relaxting exercises, I try not to Overdue it.

DEB
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad to have you join us. I think the reason Angelfm mentioned the exercise, as most of us here have Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, lots of us can't exercise because of the painful muscles, and the horrible fatigue that goes with these two illnesses.

You mentioned anxiety and depression, not the other two :)

Its wonderful that you do exercise for both the above, as I am sure it must help you to cope a great deal.

We have many members here that do have depression as well as anxiety, plus we have a support board just for depression as well. You might want to look in there too.

Again, welcome to our world, and I do hope you are feeling better soon.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. palofmine

palofmine New Member

Thanks for your kind words as well. I think what sparked my anxiety, I thin... was one day my husband came home and said he had gone by his bosses house out on a whim, and he got there and it was PEREFECTLY clean like they were expecting someone. He complains if there are crumbs ion the floor, but if he leaves crumbs, I hear about crumbs argh. Im in therapy and that seems to be going ok. I also think alot of it has to do with my dads death back in 2001. I am really trying to get a grip on things. I really did have a great result from zoloft. I still am not 100% sure this is all anxiety, what if that seafood reaction sparked another reaction.... I dont know.

I look forward to talking to everyne, I have a feeling Ill need vent days here soon. Whats nice is my "PMS" is ually horrific right now ( sorry if too much info) ( a few days before) and there isnt any migraine or cramping), im not pregnant so maybe the paxil is working.

DEB
  5. palofmine

palofmine New Member

Hi & Welcome 08/08/05 02:53 PM

My husband gets anxiety hives & ends up on cortisone. The one time, his hands swelled so bad & so fast, he had to have his wedding ring cut off.

Hang in there - things will get better.

Again, welcome to the board - glad to "meet" you

How often does he get the hives?