New Member may have CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kloet4, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Kloet4

Kloet4 New Member

I saw my doctor today and found out my thyroid tests were normal. He thinks I may have CFS. I am depressed, extremely fatigued, cold hands and feet, muscles ache and pain, headaches, and just feel crappy. Do not know much about CFS so I would appreciate anyone who could give me some information or advice would be much appreciated.

God Bless
    Lisa
  2. kgg

kgg New Member

You have come to the right place for info and support. If you go to the button above that says "home", it will take you to a page that gives an overview of both CFS and FMS. It is in a box on the right side of the page. I would be unable to restate as well as they present it.

We have had lots of comments on thyroid, because many of us deal with this very issue. I have had normal thyroid tests for years but have the same symptoms as you. Many have found practitioners who would prescribe Armour thyroid or a T3 med, which helped a lot. Another thing to consider is our symptoms also are symptoms of hypercoagulation. You may want to do a search above on that subject. Many have been helped addressing that issue. I plan on discussin with my doc on the next visit.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome to our board.

One thing--sometimes our thyroid tests come back "normal," but we still suffer from hypothyroidism. Some docs don't run all the thyroid tests necessary to properly diagnose thyroid problems either. Do you know which tests your doc ran?

Second--in order to diagnose CFIDS, docs need to run a whole battery of tests to rule out other conditions which mimic FMS/CFIDS. Our are diagnoses of elimination. If your doc isn't aware of all this, it might help you a lot to find a doc who treats our illnesses. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Lisa, welcome to the board. We have many members that have CFS. They will be glad to share their experience with you.

I have FM, so will let the others answer your questions.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl