New member need advice

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cnash, Aug 17, 2006.

1. cnash

cnash New Member

Hello,
    My names Courtney im a 24 year old female who has been diagnosed with several different things ,the lastest one is Fybromyalgia. I started getting muscle spasms around 2000 and within months they were everywhere,occasioal numbness ,tingling,fatigue,that was it. I went to several doctors 5 emgs,2 mri's,1 spinal tap,for them to tell me its benign fasiculation syndrome,and myofacial pain syndrome. Then october of last year I started having burning in arms,hands ,feet,and a pulled sensation in left bi cep. Now I have all the symptoms including constant muscle twitching and the burning and all the tell me now is that it has turned into fybromyagia. I dont know what to think,so many neuros my last emg was in June it showed slight irritation in ulnar nerve. If anyone here can relate to anything Ive said please let me know. Oh yeah I also have tremors.
    Thnks,
    Court
  2. raslin25

raslin25 New Member

3. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I'm also 24-years old and suffer from CFIDS. I, too, have benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS). So, I know first hand how annoying that can be .

Sorry to hear that you are struggling so badly with the fibro. It is difficult to be so young and suffer from a chronic disease.

You have come to the right place, though. You will find loads of support here. I hope you'll continue to post here.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

This board is a good place to share stories, get info, vent, etc. Lots of nice people here.
  5. Artyfarty

Artyfarty New Member

Hi and welcome,

I'm quite new to the boards too but not new to FM & CFS, found it a real life saver.

Click on the left to read peoples profile, add your own by clicking at the top right.

Lots of love
    Clare
  6. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

Hi Courtney,

You have found the right place for support. I too have FM and understand your frustration. Are you on any medications?

Please enjoy the site; take advantage of the search block (upper left) to search for specific help. If you can't find an answer here - there probably isn't one!

Dawn
  7. JaneMarieIsHere

JaneMarieIsHere New Member

You are attacking this nasty illness in the best way possible............getting as much info from people who actually have experience! I got ill at a time when doctors were writing articles about this being a "fake illness" (16 years ago), made up by "hysterical women". You are taking the best possible steps hon...........connecting with others with it and reading, reading, reading! God bless you.