New member needs advise

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by barrog, Jul 12, 2006.

1. barrog

barrog New Member

I have been diagnoised with Fibr/CFS and now Arthritis in both knees. Need ideas, suggestions and/or advise on new occupations for afflicted people. Am close to desperation!
    Don't care how wild or crazy! Need a starting point.
  2. janieb

janieb New Member

This sounds just crazy to have all these things happen at once. I retired early about 3 years ago because of the fibro. Also have arthritis in my spine and my right shoulder. Last week I was hospitalized with my pancreas. It seems there is just no end.

Hope you find an answer on a job. I would like something I could do from home part-time and I have spent quite a bit of time looking. So far, there's nothing I want to do.

Good luck to you and blessing,

janieb
  3. barrog

barrog New Member

I had wonder about doing that very thing myself.
    I guess I might have to check into it a little more.
    I thought about a fruit stand of some sort.
    What is your opinion?
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

welcome. I am so sorry. You can take an arthritis med for the knees and strength exercises and weight loss help a lot if you are heavy for latter.

Many of us cannot work and so a job where you can have flexi time or work from home or something that allows you to take long breaks.

I am aiming to get back to working 20 hours a week soon, but will probably work from home. I already do a fair bit of volunteer work from home.

It is a problem for sure.

I just went in one of the large craft stores about teaching there, and this is what they said.

So long as your project uses their materials(so clients buy at store) they will post flyers and you get use of premises for free and you keep all the money paid for the classes. So you can charge $10 a class and take 12 people and then you would get $120. You could do one or two classes a week, depending on your skill. Of course, no benefits or guarantees, but I am thinking about this, as I figure I could maybe pick up $400 or so a month.

You just get sign up form at the stores. I think the same goes for any demo type jobs.

Love Anne Cromwell
  5. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

I've done a "little" research on this subject. I must let you know that I do not have any personal experience with these, but they are supposed to be legitimate work from home sources, not scams...

Virtual Call Centers - taking orders and providing customer service (LiveOps, West, Alpine Access, and Willow.

Also the IRS is or was hiring some work from home people with disabilities and the Social Security Admin has a "Ticket to Work" program if you have already qualified for disability (I think). You can find more info on that at www.ssa.gov and search for "Ticket to Work".

Also there are a bunch of "Google" searches that come up with jobs for people with disabilities. I'm just not sure about any of these. You'd have to research them and be careful with these.

I'm not in a position to be able to do any of them right now. I've actually got a good opportunity cominng up in the future (after construction at a new office) and am trying to get better before the position comes open......

I wish you all the luck in the world, and if you do find something that is worthwhile, I'm sure there are plenty of others on here that would love that information also.

Just do a little research on some of the first couple of lists and see if anything like that would interest you...
    Best Wishes,
    MrsJ
  6. barrog

barrog New Member

I will definately check these out. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
  7. barrog

barrog New Member

I would never have thought about this! I will definately give this some very serious thought! I could possably do something as a guest speaker too, huh? What a wonderful thing to share, and I will share all things I stumble across to. I promise! Thank you so very much!
  8. barrog

barrog New Member

I tried tele. once a long time ago. That takes a really special person to be able to do that. I afraid I don't have what it takes. Good luck tomorrow! I hope it goes just the way you want it to! Let me know how it goes, ok?
  9. barrog

barrog New Member

If you can handle a doctor's office, you'll cover this one hands down! I hadn't thought of speaking about Fibro, but again, another good idea. I'm not good with large groups of people. I'm better with one-on-one situations. I was just looking at a 'gourd' business. Growing, decorating and selling gourds. I live in New Mexico USA and I wonder if that would go well. I could work from home and still get out sometimes too. What do you think? You have gourds in the UK?