new member, old disease

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbysgram, Mar 20, 2003.

1. shelbysgram

shelbysgram New Member

30 years of fibromyalgia and still guessing!
    Glad to find this message board! Doctors are no fun to talk to- certainly not much comfort as they don't have answers.
    A new wrinkle this year- sick all winter with pneumonia, flu three times, now a virus acting like mono. I wonder if it's all related to the fibromyalgia? My immune system has taken a hike. I'm so discouraged! My only hobby is music, singing and directing the church choir, and now my voice is gone, and so is my energy. Not expecting a response, but thanks to any fellow sufferers who take the time to read this and care!
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hello Shelby, welcome to our world! Now, why would you think you would not get a response? We have some terrific people on this site, and we are always happy to welcome someone new, and make them a part of our extended family here!

Now you will have to stay with us, we have adopted you! (Smile).

I have had Fibro for 20 plus years, I had pneumonia so many times I have lost count! That goes for the flu, viral infections, sinus infections etc. You are not alone. It seems in some way to be related to the Fibro.

I also was very active in church, I was the Director of a Single's Department, ran a Coffee House, Editor of a Endtimes Newsletter, taught Eschatology for ten years! Now I doubt if I could read my own notes and understand them! I spent more time at church then I did at home, or maybe equal time between the two. Now I am lucky if I get to attend now and then.

We are glad to have you join us, and I sure hope you plan on joining us often. We have a lot of great people here, and they are all willing to help you if we can.

So, again, welcome and please let us hear from you often!

Shalom, Shirl

PS, if you are interested, we also have a Worship Board here for our members, just go to the link that says; 'Message Boards' at the top of this page, you will come to an index, just click on Worship, and it will bring you there. We need some help with prayer warriors over there, and you will be most welcome!
  3. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

This is a messageboard of caring, loving and knowledgeable friends. Whether you have something to share, or need to vent, want to rejoice, or just read posts and feel part of the gang. It works! People here know what it feels like to limp along with FM or CFIDS and other problems too.

Sounds like you did have a rough winter and I pray you gain health. I have CFIDS and my immune system has been dysfunctioning for 2 years since I had shingles. The adrenal insuffiency has robbed me of my vitality but I have gained back some energy. It is wonderful you had the chance to sing and direct a church choir. I adore music and the only thing I know how to play is the radio and the only place I dare sing is in the shower. LOL This life does have valleys and hills and as we travel through with a grateful heart we are overcomers. Blessings to you. CLD
  4. bejo

bejo New Member

I care--(((((((((for you))))))))), bejo
  5. shelbysgram

shelbysgram New Member

Thanks so much to all of you who responded!
    It was so NEAT, I cried!
    I've been coming back and reading the posts-
    goodness there are a ton of them!
    I'm learning so much!
    I even responded to one when I thought I had
    something of value to share! I'll be
    reading away! Yep, granddaughter Shelby is 4
    and cute as the dickens! One of life's better
    deals! shelbysgram
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Now that we know you are the grandma of Shelby, what do we call you???

Shalom! Shirl
  7. Smokeymar

Smokeymar New Member

Hi,
    I'm kinda new to this too. But, I can really understand the fibro!!! It's so nice to find someone to talk to that understands what you are talking about. There's really no way to explain fibro, to the person that doesn't have it. I mean we don't wear a cast or wheelchair, or a white stick to show we are blind. So if they can't see an affliction then we aren't sick. Right?? My worst problem was my husband, he couldn't understand at all. Our family doctor talked to him and after that he was a completely different person. Now he's kind and considerate plus I can give him a more accurate weather report than any pro weather person. My bones know when the weather is going to change. LOL
    Anyway, welcome and I hope you'll get to know each and every one of us. We are all different while being exactly the same. Glad you're here. Oh and I get pneumonia a lot too. In fact last year I was clinically dead for 15 hours. My blood pressure, and heart rate were so low, that they didn't even count anymore. And I felt so bad anyway that I didn't even realize I was sick till the day I was admitted to ICU.
    Smokeymar
    [This Message was Edited on 03/21/2003]