New member sayin' howdy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jazzrat, Mar 15, 2006.

1. jazzrat

jazzrat New Member

This seems like a very nice bunch of folks here. I'm not sure I have Fibro but I am trying to rule things out one at a time. The MD says my pain is tendonitis while the Chiro/ND says it's food related. Neither of their protocals have helped. I do have a cronic case of eczema that seems to be related somehow.
    I am an active 50 year old male. Blessed with a happy homelife, strong faith and positive outlook on life. About six months ago the mild (I think bursitis) in one shoulder flared to pain in both shoulders, hip, jaw and knee. Joints snap and pop with pain in the surrounding muscles. I'm not able to sleep comfortably.
    My mom has Fibro and that leads me to believe that's what it is. I have tried Guai therapy and am cautiously hopeful but have not implemented the full protocal.
    I do not want to sound like a whiner but a 50 person should not have to have his wife help put his coat on, plus I have a nine year old that needs me (and I need) to play with.
    Thank you already for the imformative board you have here.
  2. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

Well, I'm not a doctor, but your symptoms do sound quite familiar to me! I'm sure you will find this site very informative & the people very helpful & caring.

I am only 26, and need help putting my coat on, so don't feel too bad!!

Take care,

Leanne
  3. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

Welcome Jazzrat!

I'm sure you will find a lot of useful information here.

Zzz
  4. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

Hi Jazzrat! Popped in on the welcome wagon and hope you find out for sure what your illness is. Be glad that you have someone to help you with your coat! It's okay to accept help :)

Live, Laugh, Love,
    Rocki
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

You don't sound like a whiner.This is a place where people will listen.Again,welcome to the board.Linda
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

to the board. It's a good place to vent, ask questions, get info., read a joke, etc.
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Sounds a lot oike how a lot of our FM started up. Sounds like to to me.

Like you I have a younger child(11) and I am older, and yes, it would be nice to not feel as if we were about 90 when we were used to feeling 30!

Good luck and welcome again.

Anne C
  8. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

Even if the doctor's aren't agreed on what you have yet, you will find this board very supportive. We've all been their with the doctors not knowing what's going on :).

Everyday, I'm amazed by the great advice and support I find on this board, not just for me, but for all of the members.

Welcome to the board :)!
  9. elsa

elsa New Member

Love the name! Welcome to ProHealth ... There is not a more helpful, supportive board available .... I'm glad you found us, but sorry you suspect fibro.

Please feel free to join in or post a query of your own. The information that flies around here is amazing. It is quite a fast board so don't forgot to scroll down a couple of pages if you don't see the topic you are looking fo.

It's not uncommon to see same date material two and three pages down.

There are a few members here who have started the guai protocol in earnest and are posting about it. Also, if you have any questions you can post them to "Mikie" ... she is the guai guru,lol.

Welcome ... so glad you are here .... I have CFS/FMS but currently in remission which I am enternally greatful for.

Take care,

Elsa
    [This Message was Edited on 03/16/2006]
  10. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

11. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

Glad you found us, There is so much to learn here :0)

Lindy
  12. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

Welcome. You'll find lots of good information here. Your symptoms sound quite familiar to me and I'm sure most of the others on this board. We're all looking for answers.

I have just started a regime of B12 shots and am hoping to at least get some of my energy back.

Find a doctor who listens to you. I go to a holistic clinic. I have gotten more help there in the two visits I've had than anywhere else. I am looking forward to a better life.

Linda
  13. jazzrat

jazzrat New Member

Thank you all for the kind welcome. As my name suggests I am a musician. So far, whatever this is, has left my hands alone for the most part. It does seem to be progressive so I'm hopefull that the info here will slow or stop it.
    Not sure I have much to offer at this point but I will follow you'alls fine example of sharing if I can be of help.
  14. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I like your name, but sorry that you may have FMS. I am a little younger than you-47 and believe my FMS symtoms began when I was about 12 years old. I also have some of the other illnesses with FMS-endometriosis, interstitial cystitis, etc.

It sounds like you have a good attitude in spite of the FMS. I think that is so important in dealing with a chronic illness. It makes all the difference in how you get through each day. Just be sure to have other problems ruled out before you and your doctor decide it must be FMS.

This is the best message board I've found. Visit us anytime.

Ellen