New Member - Seeking Answers

Discussion in 'Caregivers' started by Zonie, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Zonie

Zonie New Member

My husband, who is 59 years of age, is exhibiting signs of ALZ. We are in the diagnosis phase, but I would really appreciate some answers that I have been unable to find up to this point in time. As we are still in the early phase of this journey, I would really like to know how the first signs of this disease manifested themselves. Did they come on sudendly? Were they readily apparent in the early stages? Exactly what were some of the first signs? Were some days worse than others for the sufferer?

I will genuinely appreciate any and all information (in plain and simple language)that I can gather from you who should know.

2. kd5k

kd5k New Member

Come and join us in the Alzheimer's board. I started out here as I am caring for my MIL(mother in law) and was looking for answers, support, and a place to vent! LOL. But I found it to be very slow here, no one around? The Alzheimer's board is awesome! I am hooked! See ya tomorrow? Hugs, Debbie
  3. patchmama

patchmama New Member

Hi Zonie
    I don't see you on the Alzheimer's board yet. You HAVE to go there. It is awsome. I haven't met anyone on there that I do not trust except one maybe.
    I've had my mother for almosr 2 years now and I was totally lost when I found this board. They have saved my life.
  4. Zonie

Zonie New Member

Debbie and Eunice, I took your advice and checked out the Alzheimers Board and you were both correct. It is just what I was looking for. I have been too busy reading to take the time to respond to your much appreciated advice. I'll be watching for the two of you and after I have time to soak more info into my muddled brain, perhaps I can come up with an intelligent post.

Thanks a million for the guidance and I will be following the both of you in my upcoming journey into the unknown.

Thanks again,