Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gottagit, Jan 31, 2007.

1. gottagit

gottagit New Member

Hi. I'm new at this. Have had depression forever - tried all kinds of meds. Today's a "good" day, but most days I feel like I can't take it any longer. What to do?
  2. Kazah

Kazah New Member

hi there

this is a good place - use it lots!

might help to fill in your bio. There are lots of people on here who will be able to offer their advice but it helps if they know what problems you're dealing with.

speak to you agin soon

kazah
  3. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Hello,
    welcome. I too am new. I was diagnosed with FMS a little over a month ago after suffering for years. I have other factors involved other than FMS, but you have to walk before you crawl and crawl before you run.. I am taking baby steps to get better & fight this! A positive outlook will help you. Get a good pain management doc. first & foremost & take it slow. Know you will have good days & some dark days. Don't let the FMS beat you.

I hope to see you around & you may want to put a small bit of info on your bio, it helps us better understand where each other are coming from.

your new friend,
    Fungirl
  4. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

WELCOME
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE SO WE KNOW ABOUT YOU GOD BLESS FOY
  5. grace54

grace54 New Member

6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Hello and welcome. You may have gotten on the FM board instead of the Depression board. Some here have both. If you did get on the wrong one, then just click onto message boards at the top and get onto the depression board where people will discuss this with you at length, re meds etc.

Love Annie Cromwell
  7. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

It was mild and varied a lot. When it turned into cardio strange feelings and then fatigue, I switch to a D.O. and she started thinking Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Sure enough, the lab results were sky high for Epstein-Barr Virus and rather high for Cytomegalo virus.

I improved somewhat with herbals and Transfer Factors but I decided to try a Hair Analysis and WOW I was high in Lead, Cadmium and Antimony. Lead can cause depression and suppress the immune system. Cadmium can mess up the thyroid T4->T3 conversion, adding to the sluggishness.

I'm chelating with DMSA and feeling better. Memory is coming back. Depression is lessening.