Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NDTammy, Jul 25, 2008.

1. NDTammy

NDTammy New Member

Hi all, I am new to this board, but not to fibromyalgia and chronic pain. I hope to become friends with all of you. I still have a lot to learn about fibromyalgia. I am always open to new ideas. And I like to read about research.

If you would like to know about me, please read read my bio. It should fully introduce myself.

Hugs from ND,

Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Chiari 1 Malformation, Asthma, Allergies, GERD, & etc. But, I am happy with my life!!!
  2. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Tammy,

I love North Dakota! I travel through it each year on my way from Oregon to Wisconsin and love the wide open spaces and the down to earth people I always seem to meet. Besides that, my brother in law is from ND.

Anyway, welcome to the board. Always good to have new members, especially one who is happy with their life! :)

Regards, Wayne
  3. poets

poets Member

Glad to have you here. I don't think you'll find a better board than this one. We lean on each other, and everyone is so understanding and supportive. Hope you stay with us!

4. homesheba

homesheba New Member

i also love it here
    and i come and go depemding on health issues
    but always feel glad to be here.
    i know you will also..
  5. cookie1960

cookie1960 New Member

Welcome Tammy!

This is a great place to come for information and support. I hope you benefit from this community as much as I have.

6. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

A very warm welcome Tammy.

So glad to have your here. This is a wonderful place for information and more importantly for support.

Gentle hugs, Susan
  7. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

Welcome, welcome!!

Hi, I'm pretty new myself and I've found so much information, love and support on this board as I'm sure you will too.

My brother just moved to Fargo a year ago and he loves it - also built a little cabin in Minnesota on Strawberry Lake that they go to on weekends. Hope to visit when I feel well enough to travel.

So sorry to read of all your pain problems. I used to love working out at the gym or going for walks also. I really miss that feeling after just working out - even though you're sore, it's a good kind of sore. I used to sleep so much better when I exercised too!

Glad to have you here,

8. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Come on in! The natives here are friendly and wow, the info you will learn from them.

Morbidly interested re Chiari Malformation; more and more, I see lots of us are in that group...hmm.
    :), no, I won't be mentioning Chiari within earshot of my dr. Heck he doesn't even know what to do for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Fibromyalgia. Besides I don't KNOW that I have it and, so far, ignorance is bliss.

Nosy question and none of my business but since when do I let a little thing like that stop me: May I ask if GERD was the result of adding Actonel or Boniva or any of the look-alikes to your medicine shelf?
    Too many of us got the one from the other and the more I see those overly-perky women on the tv commercials yapping about the WonderPills that are supposed to help our bones but tear up stuff from esophagus on southward, the more I want to put my foot through the screen. My tv's lucky I can't kick that high. lol.

[This Message was Edited on 07/26/2008]
  9. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Hello and Welcome!
    So nice to have you here! I'm glad that you found this site, it is a great place for information, support and friends!

We definitely all learn from each other - so along with asking any questions you have, please jump in and answer other's posts. I'm sure you have experiences to share.

BTW- I have no idea what Chairi is??

I hope to learn much more about you. I too am generally a happy person! When I'm not feeling so happy, I often come here. =)
  10. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Welcome to the board. I think you will find this board is very informative and offers a lot of support.

Take care.

11. limbo

limbo Member

Hi Tammy I'm also in ND, welcome. I have fibro, ibs, sleep problems, and more anxiety as I get older. I pushed the envelope raiseing 4 kids, I'm been divorced since 1991, another dysfunctional family with bipolar son, baddddd genes on ex side. FM from my Dad, he used to go to Winipeg for mud baths. I came from an alcoholic background. Also had tons of mental health therapy, and enjoyed, it answered so many problems I had, but it distances me from family except with youngest daughter, and her son who is a 10 grader this fall and goes to private school. He is amazing!!! He also has mental health therapy to ward off any subset of bipolar. I have 3 grandaughters who I love, but so many problems. But I digress must of needed to vent, sorry. Again welcome. Betty
  12. katiebug61

katiebug61 New Member

Welcome to this board. I have been on here about 2-3 months? It is an awesome place and extremely helpful. My son had Chairi Type IIMalformation. He was operated on 6 yrs ago and has had no problems since.
    I have FM and OA. I was just officially diagnosed with FM in April, but I am like a lot of others on here, as in I had symptoms prior, just didn't put it all together. I am having an "attack" of Costochondritis today that is just about to put me down.
    I live in Oklahoma but grew up in Kansas. I love meeting new folks. People can learn so much from each other.
    Welcome aboard and hope to see more of you!
  13. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

Welcome to the group !

You will find many wonderful people here. It sounds like you will add alot to this group. You have a great attitude ! ( I could use some of that myself)

14. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I am Pamela Crisp or better known on here as crispangel, I would like to be a friend of yours. I am 42 years old now I have been married for 22 years, the bio is wrong I guess I need to fix it. My hubby is very understanding but as you can read in some of my posts he can be very hard to deal with because he doesn't understand the pain I am in. Which I would never wan't him to go through this pain, well maybe for about 5 min. I have 2 kids one is married and she lives in Corpus Christi She is 25, I just wish she lived closer. I miss her so much, we try and seee them as much as we can, they live about 40 miles from my dad and step-mom who live in Alice Tx., then my Granny and Papa live in Beeville Tx.
    My son is 14 my bio. was all wrong on that. He was 10 weeks preemie, he weighed 3 lbs and lost down to 2lbs. He stayed in the hospital for almost 3 mths. He also had to have a blood transfusion he was so much better after that.he is metally handicapped and has seizures, we think the hospital my have accidentally done something to him to cause the seizures. but maybe not. I don't think it helps thatthey left me in labor for 24 hours my bloood presure was50/30 which was bad in fact they put the monitor behind the curtin that goes between the beds. He is overcoming his problems though he hasn't had a seizure sincelast school year he is doing so well acadacally well not so good in reading but I think that is just pretending becase he does alot of things that I know he would have to read to do. But he does so well in math and science. I have told him since he has stopped having seizures he could drive but I also told him that he would have to be able to read. I have fms,diabetes,diabteic neuropathy,degenerative disc disease, herniated disc, bulging discs,ra,oa,severe headaches,chemical sensitivity, high blood pressure, diverticulitis,ibs,bladder problems (during surgery the dr.'s accidentaly ripped my bladder) fibro fog. Guess that is all. Take care

Gentle hugs Crispangel