Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gurd7, Jun 24, 2003.

1. gurd7

gurd7 New Member

Hi, My name Is Amy. I am new to this site and am hoping to find some answers as to how I am feeling.Sometimes I feel I am going crazy with this "Syndrome" we call Fibromyalgia. I am so tired of being in pain and I have a doctor who is totally clueless as to what Fibromyalgia is. When I mentioned the word to her, she looked at me as if I was speaking in a foreign language. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks for listening.
  2. DebP

DebP New Member

I can relate to what you said about the docs not having a clue...however you need to keep looking for one that does have a clue. They are out there, you just have to find them, and it can take awhile.

Just dont give up, it sometimes takes awhile to find the right one it took me about 5 years to find one that would treat me with meds and methods that would help me. Also, if you would like to email me for advice or just a friend to talk to you will find my email addy in my bio!!! I look forward to hearing from you...Im always looking for new friends who can relate!!

Good Luck!!
    God Bless You!!
    Deb Parfait
  3. bitter-sweet

bitter-sweet New Member

I'm fairly new here too, and I think you'll find good information and support here. I had been reading the board for some time before I finally decided to join, and I'm glad I did. You do need to keep looking until you find a knowledgeable doctor, and one you're comfortable with. This is like any other chronic disease in that sense, only we have the added burden of people not believing us because there aren't any clear cut diagnostics. We have to be proactive. I wish you the best.
  4. catgal

catgal New Member

Welcome Amy~~You will discover a host of new friends here and alot of good information along with compassionate, understanding, and knowledgeable people.

Make yourself at home and feel free to read all the posts, respond to any, or ask questions.

We're glad you're here! Blessings, Carol....
  5. suz41

suz41 New Member

Hi Amy:

I'm new to this message board too! Have had FMS for about a year now, however I am fortunate to have a good doctor. Check with your local Hospital referral system and see if they have any physicians that specialize or are at least knowleagable about FM. I have found I prefer osteopathic docs to MDs, both my neuro and internist are osteopathic.
    If you don't have any luck check with your local health department. I understand about the pain and fatigue God knows not having a decent doctor only makes it worse. Let us know how you are doing, there are alot of people on this site that are really helpful.

Suzanne
  6. gurd7

gurd7 New Member

Thanks to all for the advice.