New Message Boards Categories & Topics Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by rocketzandco, Apr 25, 2013.

1. rocketzandco

rocketzandco Moderator

We are working on the list of Categories and Forums/Topics for the new Message Boards and we wanted to get your input on this list.
    Let us know what you think and if we need to add or remove any of the Category or Topic.

ProHealth News and Announcements
    Forum Feedback and Questions
    Forum Suggestions
    What's new on ProHealth
    News, Announcements, Special Offers

General ME/CFS and FM Discussions
    General ME/CFS and FM Discussions
    ME/CFS and FM Symptoms

ME/CFS and FM News
    News and Research
    Advocacy and Fund Raising

Treatment and Therapy
    Supplements
    Pharmaceuticals
    Other Treatments

Doctors, Clinics and Laboratory Testing
    Doctors & Clinics
    Laboratories & Diagnostic Tests

Information and Resources
    Financial, Disability and Legal Resources
    Books, Videos, Websites

Friendship and Support
    Chit Chat

Comfort and Advice
    Spirituality
  2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I miss that board and the people who used to check in there.

3. rocketzandco

rocketzandco Moderator

I believe the intent is to provide a topic/forum for Lyme, if not when we launch the new forum shortly thereafter.
    If there is a significant interest in providing a forum for Lyme Disease we will definitely get it up sooner than later.
    This is your community so please let us know what you would like us to provide.
    I am hoping to give everyone a sneak peak of the new system within the next week or so.
    Thanks,
    Darshan
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I think it's a good idea to have a Lyme topic or forum, but only if we can avoid the negativity that used to occur when discussion came up about Lyme on the FM/CFS board, when we had a Lyme forum.

Since Lyme symptoms and FM/CFS symptoms can be the same, and the possibility of being infected with Lyme will ultimately come up on the FM/CFS board, I want to be able to discuss Lyme on the FM/CFS board without members becoming upset.

Some members (or past members) said that Lyme should only be discussed on the Lyme board.

That would prevent important discussion on the FM/CFS board that could lead members who were only on the FM/CFS board to discovering that they may have Lyme and ultimately getting treatment.

5. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I hope we are NOT going to lose all the info we've reported over the years, all the info won't be deleted, will it? jam

No general health discussion?
  6. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

any reply here?
  7. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I would really like to see a function where we could Privately message a board member.

Thanks for your hard work in keeping these boards to help all of us.

Bead
  8. gb66

gb66 Active Member

I'd like to see a category for chemical sensitivities, as many of us have allergic reactions to medicines and all sorts of products. GB66
  9. MicheleK

MicheleK Moderator

gb66, I agree that a chemical sensitivity board is a very good idea. So many patients suffer from sensitivities and having a board for sharing coping strategies would be great.

Patients with extreme sensitivities often end up quite isolated and an online forum would be a welcome resource to them.
  10. rocketzandco

rocketzandco Moderator

We are planning to cut over to the New Forum May 12th.

We have imported the all the PH threads and members up to April 19th.

We are planning on migrating the rest of the threads from April 19th on Mon. morning May 13th and will need to prevent access to the new boards during that time.

We are also working on cleaning the post containing the weird characters and html tags that came from the old system.

Bear with us during the transition. We will need to incur some down time while we work on migrating the remaining threads and performing the clean-up.

Thank you all for supporting us while we work to provide you with a new and improved solution to interact within.

Sincerely,
    Darshan
  11. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I like the look of the new board, good job!

I agree we definitely need a lyme board - so many people deal with that and half the time don't know it.

Mary