New name for Armor Thyroid??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Aug 29, 2010.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Pharmacist just told me there's a brand change in the works that is armor thyroid, but won't say that.

Our pharmacy doesn't carry armor anymore.

Anyone get 30mg from anywhere?

Thanks & gentle hugs................carole
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I haven't been able to get Armour thyroid for a very long time.

However, you can substitute Naturethroid or Westthroid - they're made by RLC Labs and are desiccated thyroid, comparable to Armour.

Two sources I've used are The RX Company (in Fargo, N.D.) 1-800-323-3873 - they are very good, good prices and fast shipping.

The other is on-line at (a Canadian pharmacy) - I had no problems ordering from them either. Their thyroid is just called "thyroid".

Recently I discovered that my doctor carries his own supply of Westhroid so I've been getting it from him.

3. caroleye

caroleye New Member do you know they are "identical" to Armor's? I'm extremely sensitive to any drugs, and Armor was the only one I could ever tolerate.

Did the pharmacist/Dr. tell you the ingredients were the same?

Thanks for sharing this information.

4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

said they are comparable. They're not synthetic. It is possible they may have different fillers, but the basic ingredient, dessicated thyroid, is the same. So they may not be 100% "identical".

I'm very sensitive to drugs too and have had no problem with these.

5. Puddleglum

Puddleglum New Member

Mine is still called Armour. I was not aware of change.

6. caroleye

caroleye New Member

What strength in mg do you get, and where do you get them? Have you never had trouble getting them before?

Very unusual. Most of us had to switch or I now am getting the compounded ones.

Thanks for sharing that information.