New Need help with Travel abroad and sleep issues

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by redsunrise, Apr 18, 2006.

1. redsunrise

redsunrise New Member

I'm new here and hope someone can help me.

I've Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia for quite a few years. I finally have a medication that helps me sleep. Ever since we changed the clocks ahead, I'm having trouble adjusting to the hour difference.

My big problem is my fiancé and I are going to Europe for two weeks next month. Since I've had a hard time adjusting to the hour difference, I know I will be really thrown off when I go to Europe. Has anyone else dealt with jet lag and these conditions?

Desperate for help
    Redsunrise
  2. redsunrise

redsunrise New Member

Great advice thank you so much. I'm very lucky I have a supportive Fiancé, he knows this is going to throw me for a loop, but I just couldn't pass up this opportunity to see what I can of Europe.

I may be spending more of it in the room at the resort but its a free trip with all expenses paid from his Company, who could pass that up??

I'm also in charge of leaning some of the language to get us by ( Portuguese ) I'm afraid I just might get us thrown in jail if he relies on me. Perhaps he should pack a few ox to trade my way out.
  3. redsunrise

redsunrise New Member

can anyone else help me with this? Please
  4. neen85

neen85 New Member

that you begin taking a few weeks ahead of your trip. Not being able to travel,I can't remember what they are! I also do notadjust well to the time changes!! You might type in a search "supplements for jet lag". Daneen
  5. spacee

spacee Member

that is recommended for jet lag. There are probably others too. Sometimes it helps me...sometimes my body says "we are doing this MY way". Which means I am sleeping on the old schedule...go figure.

Hope you have a Great Time whatever time of the the day or night you are awake!

Hugs, Spacee
  6. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Taking melatonin should also help. Google it to find out the best way to take it for jet lag.
  7. redsunrise

redsunrise New Member

You all have given is very helpful. I did find quite a few articles for Melatonin also. If I can adjust my body in the air, it might make for a more pleasant visit.

I'm just going to have to play it by ear and figure the first day will the be worse.

Thank you everyone.
    Red
  8. redsunrise

redsunrise New Member

Pacing and not over doing it is important, thanks for the reminder. Sorry it took so long to respond back, been away from computer for a few days.