New & need help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Skatts72, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Skatts72

Skatts72 New Member

Hi, I dont even know where to begin. But I think I may have CFS. Ive been having chronic fatigue, migraines and other issues for years. Ive always just went to my Family DR for my headaches. He has had me on loracet for a couple of years for headaches, I have had 4 babies in the last five years so I was limited on what I could take. Since Ive had my last baby I still have terrible back pain. ( have had during all my pregencies) but would usually get better after baby was born. This time its only gotten worse. Im tired all the time. I ache all over, and I have headaches daily, migraines 2-3 times a week. Ive gotten to the point that I have to take pain meds just to function on any level. My regular Dr. has just retired and the other DR's look at me like Im crazy. and getting a script for my pain meds is like pulling teeth. which they now dont want to give me anything. Im now going to a nureo dr. and a ortho Dr. But they are not doing anything to help me. I feel Like they think Im Just looking for drugs, and are reluctant to give me meds. Daily I hurt and am so tired That I just want to go back to bed witthin a hour of getting up. I have an appointment with a new Dr. in a couple of weeks but how do I convince him this is not in my mind and Im not just someone out looking for meds. Now mind you I never took alot to begin with Ive only been on Hydroc/apap 10/650 one every 6 hours as needed. My Dr would only give me 30 at a time.
    I dont know I know something is wrong with me I just wish I could get others to see that and try to help me.
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi and welcome!

Sorry to hear you are sick.

Many of us here found out after many years that the CAUSE of our illness was a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection (lyme) along with other tick-borne infections like babesia, bartonella and ehrlichia.

Please read the symptom list on pages 9-11 and the coinfection info on p 22-27....

Unfortunately, testing for lyme and coinfections is unreliable. A negative test should never be used to rule out this common but complex and serious infection.

More great info you should read....

Lyme and coinfections like babesia commonly cause fatigue, pain, migraines/headaches and many other symptoms that you can read about. Most Dr's just don't know how to recognize it or diagnose it. Lyme and coinfections are diagnoses that are "clinical", which means based on history and symptoms, not a lab test.

I wish I had not wasted 21 years of my life researching only Fibromyalgia, CFS and viruses, when it was a very sneaky bacterial infection that made me ill.

All the best to you.
  3. quanked

quanked Member

Many people on this board who have lots of experience with these kinds of issues.

I live in a small town and there is not a medical community here versed in CFIDS/FM/ME. So I only know, for the most part, what I have learned on this board. Sometimes what I read here leads me to other information which is sometimes helpful.

I do believe that just learning about some supplements and learning about how others manage their day to day lives has been helpful--I believe that my functioning has improved some.

I was just thinking about this the other day. I have "crashes" still, my day to day functioning is low (compared with my past functioning). This kind of stuff is difficult for me to measure though.

I think I am babbling here. What I want to say is this is a good place to be, I empathize with your situation and I know that you will get more responses and probably more helpful responses than mine.

I look forward to reading more of your posts and remember you are not crazy no matter how the medical community responds to you.
  4. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

your body system could be depleted in certain needs.
    A complete blood work to determine any deficiencies may be needed.
    Appointment with a gynecologist may be necessary also.

Since you think you may have CFS and have seen a neuro and ortho doc with no help, possibly a Rheumatologist may be of good help.

So sorry you are having so much pain and low energy, with 4 little ones to tend to i can't imagine. i hope one of these docs can determine a diagnosis soon for you. Pain meds can make a person sleepy and you need your energy back for you and your children.

Wish you well soon
    Hugs for you

5. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I have Fibro, not CFS. I'm assuming that you would have to be absolutely exhausted with your little ones, so putting that aside, would you say that your pain is a major problem (including headaches) or the fatigue. I don't mean just fatigue, I mean exhaustion.

Have you checked the symptoms for Fibro? Am wondering what led you to thinking you had CFS, I mean beside the obvious of what you're feeling.

What kind of new Dr. will you be seeing? I'd say go in without fear - go in and be're looking for someone to help you figure out what is going on with your body! In the meantime, list all of your symptoms and MOST important list what you can't do, how your symptoms are affecting your life. If something seems insignificant, list it anyway. You can even tell him you wrote "everything" down not knowing if it was important or not, include if you have digestive issues, sleep problems etc. Of course, your sleeping patterns might be hard to determine if you have babies that keep you from sleeping.

How is your sleep? Do you sleep well when you're sleeping?

Don't stop looking until you can find a Dr. who can help you. Hopefully this Dr. can find out what's going on with you and the best case scenario would be that he can help you feel better!

I have Fibro, but I have had overall great experiences with Dr.s. You're not crazy and you're not looking for drugs, so if you don't act like it and you're honest you'll do fine.
    I'd even say, my pain is so awful that my Dr. has had me take "x", but I need to know what I have.

Good Luck!