New - Need Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JackDber, Aug 25, 2003.

1. JackDber

JackDber New Member

I am new to this. I am an active 42 year old. I'm not sure what's wrong but for the last 2-3 years I've been suffering severe fatigue after rigotous exercise. It is usually accompanied by muscle tenderness, feverish feeling and general tiredness. The fatigue does not occur until 2-3+ hours after I finish exercising.

I have been through several blood tests, stress tests and echocardigroam and nothing abnormal was detected.

Not sure what to do and who to turn to??

Anyone else have a similar experience and can suggest a curse of action? I really need your help.
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Welcome! You will find lots of fine people here. I did.
    I don't know if this will help, but when I was in the early stages of CFIDS/Fibromyalgia, I began to notice that pain and fatigue started comng closer and closer to the actual tme of exercise, until severe pain would happen within minutes of exercising and then the fatigue would come. I also noticd that, in the beginning when I was not always fatigued, I could tell exactly when it was coming on, because it would wash over me, like warm, evervating water. That would be my signal to turn around and go home, as things would go downhill from there.
    Good luck. If you think you might have CFIDS, I suggest you find a good doctor and be diagnosed. My Dr. diagnosed me by a process of elimination.
    God bless. Terry
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Jack, lets hope its something other than CFS that you are experiencing.

I have FM, not CFS so will let those with CFS reply to you, just wanted to welcome you to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

A good doc who is knowledgeable in these illnesses. Diagnosis requires a lot of testing to eliminate other illnesses which can mimic ours. Good luck to you.

BTW, this is an excellent place to learn all about CFIDS and FMS.

Love, Mikie
  5. JackDber

JackDber New Member

Thanks all for your replies and support. The strange thing with my case that the fatigue (there is actually little pain) is so erratic. I have been dragon boating for the last two years which is a fairly rigorous and intense exercise. I have never had any symptoms after that exercise. It's normally after a long run or bike ride that I get it. The frequency is somewhat eratic as well. Last year was more frequent, while this year I have managed to reduce it by reducing my level of physical activity.

Are there any sites or articles that discuss what to do or eat before and after exercise to reduce the chance of getting it.