New On Board Just Want To Say Hi

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mfigue, Oct 23, 2002.

1. mfigue

mfigue New Member

Hi All:

I just got Dx's with FM about a month ago and i feel that i need someone that can understand what I'm going through. I have tried to educate myself first through the wonderful articles i have found in the Internet and now i am talking to my family about this DD. I am a 41 year old Hispanic woman, who has always been the caregiver in my family. I am an only child who takes care of my folks who are elderly. I feel helpless because i am in such pain all of the time. Can someone tell me if this will ever go away or will i need to take larger doses of medicine in the future? I have taken a Leave Of Absence from my job, but honestly i don't think i can go back to work.

Thanks for reading,
    MLF
  2. mfigue

mfigue New Member

Hi All:

I just got Dx's with FM about a month ago and i feel that i need someone that can understand what I'm going through. I have tried to educate myself first through the wonderful articles i have found in the Internet and now i am talking to my family about this DD. I am a 41 year old Hispanic woman, who has always been the caregiver in my family. I am an only child who takes care of my folks who are elderly. I feel helpless because i am in such pain all of the time. Can someone tell me if this will ever go away or will i need to take larger doses of medicine in the future? I have taken a Leave Of Absence from my job, but honestly i don't think i can go back to work.

Thanks for reading,
    MLF
  3. MsJoey

MsJoey New Member

sure in the right place for kindness and support. There are a lot of nice people here who will provide friendship, caring and will answer any questions you may have. Eventually you will find the right combination of treatments that helps a little bit so that you can keep going. It's not easy by any stretch, but there is a lot of help here. Anyway, just wanted to welcome you to the board. Don't give up. We will all get through this thing together. I've had FMS for at least 30 yrs. Only diagnosed 12 yrs ago. For years they said it was all in my head, or that I was just depressed, and my all time favorite was "you have housewives syndrome." Hang in there, come on board for support anytime!
  4. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I, too was just recently diagnosed with fm/cfs. I know how you are feeling, being uncertain of the future. I am a bit fearful of it, too. My parents are both deceased, but my in laws live a mile away from us, so that we can help them out. They are still pretty independent, and healthy, Thank God. I am 44, and have just two, out of my four children still living at home. Like you, I have been unable to continue working, so far. I just wanted to post and say hi--to you.
    Karen
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

One thing you'll find here is lots of help, support---and occasionally even hope! I have learned so much already from things others have tried in their efforts to lead a more comfortable, pain-reduced existence. We all have a lot of similarities, but many differences also; some of us take a lot of meds, some use more natural products, some swear by exercise, some can hardly imagine exercising----but you'll learn a lot here from everyone's various experiences! I, too, am not working for the past few years, my hubby supports us & it's worked out OK, but there are many here who have intimate knowledge of the inner-workings of applying for & receiving disability, should you feel that going back to work is not an option. So if you need to be guided through that process at some point, I know there are people here who can help. Good luck to you, glad to meet you, and I'm hoping you have better, more comfortable days ahead!

Hugs,
    Pam
  6. marinemom

marinemom New Member

You have come to the right place. (somebody already told you that didn't they?) Well, anyway, welcome, welcome, welcome!

(((((hugs))))))
    Kathy
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi MLF, welcome to our world. I have Fibro for twenty years, and it does not go away!

I have found relief from the muscle spasms from supplements, and also have learned a formula for sleep that works for me now.

I have taken the meds but I am afraid they caused more harm than good for me, but others do have good results with them.

NO, I could not work outside the home! Not on my life anymore.

If I can be of any help to you, please just let me know, as for being Spanish, I don't speak the language! But will be glad to help in English (smile), my husband works with many Hispanic's, some from Spain others from Mexico, and he is learning Spanish in order to communicate more fluently with them. They bring me some very lovely gifts from Spain and Mexico. In fact he just came back from Mexico.

You are a good daughter to take care of your parents, all children are not so loving of their elderly parents these days.

Good luck and God Bless.

Shalom, Shirl