New onset of Lyme Protocol?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Junegal, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Junegal

Junegal New Member

My friend's DH (age 50) had a terrible rash on his leg, fever and dizziness. He went to the ER and was admitted to the hospital.

They are testing for MRSA but also think Lyme may be the cause of it (Wow, a doctor/hospital that recognizes it immediately!) They are treating him for MRSA (just in case, waiting for those cultures to come back) and also Lyme with Rocephin (sp?)

She was told if it is Lyme (and they are leaning that way) that after a few days of IV Rocephin in the hospital, he will come home and be on Doxy for 3 weeks.

My question is: For someone just bit and immediately caught, is a few days of IV and a 3 week course of Doxy enough to knock this out?

Thank you.
  2. redhummingbird

redhummingbird New Member

Hi Junegal-

This won't be enough treatment for him. Many ppl make this mistake by following the old guidelines to treat lyme.

I would make sure he follows up with an LLMD. Especially since it may be complicated by MRSA.

I wish him good luck...
  3. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Go to CTLymedisease dot org for information on this. It's the main page for the Greater Hartford Lyme Disease Support & Action Group in CT.

CT is ground zero for Lyme so I'd trust their info. Check out the $20K reward for any doc who can prove it's cured with short term therapy.