Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stinker56, Jun 8, 2008.

1. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

For the past three days, I have woke up with a pain in my right brest that starts about mid chest and goes to the end of the nipple. It is a burning throbbing pain and when I get up and take my morning meds, it goes away.

I had my mammogram last month and everything was fine but of course it scares me.

Occassionally I will have pain in my shoulder on that side and sometimes in my arm pit and also in my breast so I really don't think it is anything other than the FMS but it is reasssuring to hear from someone else too.

Any ideas on the subject would be appreciated.

2. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

I wonder if it could be part of the costochondritis (chest
    pain related) that I lot of us with with fibro get. SOmetimes
    anywhere around my chest muscles hurt like I am in a vise.
    If it does not subside, call your doctor sooner.
  3. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

Yes, costo is possibility, but since you seem to be indicating that the pain is more IN your breast tissue (as opposed to deeper breast-bone muscles), then I am wondering if it is pain that may be related to fibrocystic breast disorder (formerly referred to as disease, but it is not one).

I have fibrocystic breast and when I was about the age you are according to your bio, I had dreadful breast pain. It lasted several months, and once a golf-ball sized lump popped up overnight. THAT of course, sent me immediately to my doctor and she ordered mammograms. By the time the mamos were performed, the big inflamed lump was now diminished and all checked out OK.

Anyway, I remember that back when I was a kid at 51, I had a lot of weird breast/chest pains that I think was all tanlged up with FM and "the CHANGE". I had both more costo pain and more inflamation from my fibrocystic condition. Happy to report that at 61, no more problems in that area! Hope yours resolve soon.
  4. moi482001

moi482001 Member

Have had this for so many years, cannot remember when I didn't have this. Have mamograms every 2 years and physical from dr. There is nothing except the pain in my left breast. Sometimes it goes away to come back another in a very sharp pain. What is it?

My daughter has the same thing and has alot of different aches which all point to another Fibro victim. She's 30.
  5. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

When I have something flaring, I have pain in my breast (left).

I think it is swollen lymph nodes. I need to have a mammogram soon but nothing has shown up in the past.

6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Yes, I get that sometimes....I have fibroistic(sp) breast condition, I somtimes can get very sore in the breast or under my arms. Sometimes drinking diet coke makes it worse.
    It aches sooo bad under my arms sometimes here lately. Maybe it's the heat? I don't know but I am sick of it! I don't know why everything has to hurt!

Take Care!And I hope you feel better!

7. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I know I am acting like a baby about this but it scares the wits out of me to think of the C word even though my mammogram was okay last month.

I had forgotten that the doctor told me I had fibrocystic breast disease. I can't remember anything anymore. I bet that is what this is.

Last night when I went to bed after looking for the heating pad and not finding it, I hugged a pillow up to my chest and wore a sports bra to sleep in. I then remembered that I had been in this much pain before and it scared me then too.

Seems like with this disease, every day is a new problem springing up.

Thanks for responding and caring when I am scared.