New Pain Med for Fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tinaeve, Sep 22, 2006.

1. tinaeve

tinaeve New Member

I had to get a new Attorney last week because mine unexpectedly passed away.Such a shame. Anyway, my new Attorneys paralegal told me that she had other clients with Fibro and they had mentioned a new treatment or med that seemed to be working.I haven't heard of anything new.Has anyone?? Peace,
    tinaeve
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Haven't heard of it - just wanted to bump you back to the top.
  3. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

You need to ask the paralegal what the new treatment or need med is. Any new thing brings hope.

Raz
  4. homesheba

homesheba New Member

that there was a new med for parkensens that they are trying on fibro patients,
    so i said id try it and so he wrote script
    and i read it- thank goodness before going to pharmacy.. and it was miripex...
    i already have been taking it for 3 years now for restless legs...
    sigh
    so much for getting my hopes up...
  5. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I was just gonna say they were probably takling about Mirapex until I read that someone else already beat me.

It is usually given for RLS for FM patients. Like the previous poster said, it is a Parkinson's drug. It is similar to Requip.

The say that it could possibly become one of the first medications to be approved for Fibro.

It works great. It does take care of the RLS. But it isnt designed to take care of the pain.

Hope this helps.
    Take Care,
    Stephanie
  6. tinaeve

tinaeve New Member

I was reading about Robaxin last night. I am thinking this may be one to try.Will start a new post on it.