New Pain, Same Tools

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Oct 25, 2012.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

This is a devo I wrote and was published by The Nugget, an online devotional. If you would like to subscribe just google "The Nugget". God Bless

New Pain, Same Tools
    I suffer from a chronic condition characterized by fatigue and wide-spread pain. Over the years, I have become well acquainted with my various types of pain and, being stubborn, have come to view this with more irritation and aggravation that alarm. However, recently I was besieged with a new and frightening pain that I had never had before, a sharp pain that took my breath and disturbed my sleep and caused my mind to fear the implications – was this my condition taking a turn for the worst? Will I be able to function, to work?

As day one turned into day 2 with this new pain, and day 2 turned into day 3, I began to manage this pain with the same tools I use to manage all the others, and to see that this is just another bump in the road, and really nothing to fear at all, not the end of life as I know it, not the beginning of decent into disability, as I feared, just another circumstance to be managed with the tools I already have in hand.

The attacks of Satan are just the same. He comes at us with some new trial, some new affliction, some new lie, and we begin to give way to fear. Will I be able to stand up against this; will I be overcome? NO! You WILL NOT be overcome, but will overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the Word of your testimony, just as you have overcome all that has gone before. Satan has no new tricks up his sleeve. He simply uses the same old “pains” in a new way to shake us up. We need to turn from fear and work toward victory using the tools we already have in hand with the Word of God and the faith to know that He is still in control, as He is in my pain, and He is still greater than anything Satan can throw at us.

Luke 12:7 "But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows."

Luke 12:32 "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom."

2. I had never heard of "The Nugget", but I will be sure to check it out.

I so enjoyed reading your devotional, Sonya! Very inspiring and so true! What a blessing! LOVE it! Thanks again for sharing, Sonya! God bless you for it!

Blessings and Gentle Hugs,
  3. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

It's a part of a great online ministry called answers2prayer and they are always looking for volunteers to answer prayer requests and looking for devotionals also so anyone can join or submit a devotional or poem or story if you write. I have been really blessed there.

4. Hi Sonya, I googled The Nugget but saw everything BUT a devotional or ministry site. Any other info you can give? I'll keep looking in the meantime... thanks!

5. Thanks again, Sonya! :)
  6. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I am glad you found it. You can sign up to get the devotionals in your email. They also have another called The Illustrator.