NEW PAIN SEVERE!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darude, Aug 15, 2005.

1. darude

darude New Member

Something has happened to my back. It's over to the side and that part is swollen looks like grapefruit. Running from there down leg on left side. Stomach pain as well. Never had anything like this. Going to bed and if doesn't go off to ER. This is very unusual.
  2. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

I don't know what it could be, but if it is swollen to the size of a grapefruit, I think you should go to the ER. That can't possibly be good.

Keep us posted.
    Nicole
  3. over50

over50 New Member

This just doesnt sound right. Please have it checked out.
    You have already been through so much,hopefully this will be a simple one.
    ((((hugs)))
    Linda
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Oh no, darude. With going through back issues myself, I hate to hear that you are, too!

When the pain runs down your leg, they always say that that's a disk; however, I have never heard of anything to the side and swollen the size of a grapefruit, especially with the stomach pain.

This does sound unusual. I agree with the others, maybe you should go ahead and go on to the ER tonight and find out he problem.

WHENEVER YOU GET BACK FROM THE ER, LET US KNOW WHAT THEY SAID, PLEASE!!!

Prayers and Hugs,
    Janet
  5. darude

darude New Member

Still here I had a very bad night. I sleep in a water bed and could not get out of it. Hubby transferred me to ordinary bed. The swelling has gone down a bit but so far can't go to the bathroom at all and have major stomach ache. This is very different to anything had before. Only way can go to ER is by ambulance as I can't walk due to the pain. I have docs appointment tomorrow and gonna try and hang in untill then. Will spend most of today in bed. Will talk with you guys later thanks for help.
  6. darude

darude New Member

I have a call in to the docs. Yes I think some kind of blockage too will see what she says.Trying to get off the chair right now and get to bed. Trouble is every time i go to left myself I get shooting pains and some kind of spasm. Guess I'm stuck here until hubby gets back.
  7. darude

darude New Member

Still sitting here and know need to go to bathroom and CAN't get off chair! If I wasn't in this amount of pain I would think this was a darn comedy show. Absolutely ridiculous is what it is. Anyway I'm going try and get on floor and maybe crawl. Gotta be a way I need to go!!!! K will try and get back here later. Thanks
  8. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

Please, please call an ambulance if that is the only way to get to the ER. whatever is happening is not normal and sounds like it needs immediate attention. Who cares if the ambulance has to come get you--that's what they are there for, right? Why shouldn't you have the right to use one?

we are all worried about you. Please keep us posted.
    Nicole
  9. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

I dont like the sound of this...

Please as others have said, dont wait around...try to get to the ER even if by ambulance.

Take Care of You!!

Please keep us updated when your able!

Hugs
    Bluerose
  10. darude

darude New Member

Went to bed for awhile and am just checking in. Still have not heard from doc. Hubby here and is gonng stick around. will keep you updated.
  11. sheried

sheried New Member

Please don't mess around with this. If it is some sort of blockage it can get very nasty, very fast. You need to be seen today.

Please, please, please!

Hugs,
    Sherie
  12. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Oh Darude, please do not let this wait. You have had many health issues recently. Do not WAIT, even for a day to see your doc, or get to an ER!

The ER might be better and get tests and labs started immediately.

I'm on my knees,pleading, Sweetie. Go right now.

Prayers and love,

Kim

13. darude

darude New Member

I had my appendix and gallbladder removed already. Both emergency room after being misdiagnosed. Long story but story of my life!!! She thinks from description that it may be a kidney stone anyway wants me to wait and see her tomorrow but if gets worse go to ER. Hubby said going to ER as I can stand for a few at the moment and might not be able to later. Will keep you updated and thanks so much for your concern. Just the other day my neighbor (who has cfs/fms) had severe chest pain I TOLD HER got to ER so she did and was having a heart attack. So i should take my own advice. ttyl
  14. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Please please darude go to the ER as soon as your husband gets home. Can he carry you to your car? Once at the emergency room they will bring out the stretcher.

I hope it is nothing serious, but please don't take any chances.

Get better. I will pray for you.

Soft hugs,
    Francey54

15. eggshel344

eggshel344 New Member

Hope you are doing ok- I have to agree that if you haven't gone to the ER, I think it's time!

Feel better and keep us posted.

Hugs-
    Samantha
  16. rigby

rigby New Member

Had a friend that had kidney stone but did not know it by the time she got to the hospital her pain was just about gone sent home. Few months later her kidney started enlarging they thought she had cancer. Long story short stone lodge in vein and kidney was growing and dying had to have it removed. She is better now then she been in a while. Strange things happen.
  17. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

DARUDE,

YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT GO TO E.R.

I WILL PUTOUT GOOD VIBES FOR YOU TO GET YOU BETTER SOON.

JODIE
  18. wiseeagle

wiseeagle New Member

You really NEED to go to the ER. I know you don't what to but it's imperative!! I'm a RN and this dosn't sound normal -- fibromyalgia and anything else. You must take care of your self! Many prayers and alot of light I send to you!

Valerie