New pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elbryan, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Elbryan

Elbryan New Member

Just started getting a pain in my lower back just above my butt anyone else get this and what do you do for it. It kept me up last night.
    Also tips of my fingers seem to tingle and go numb from time to time anyone else?
    [This Message was Edited on 06/04/2003]
  2. skychomper

skychomper Member

I have had weird pains, but not the one you just described-
    perhaps you can try a heating pad? or maybe sleeping on your stomach? sorry, I know I can't help much, but hoping someone who knows more will see your post
    skychomper
  3. GooGooGirl

GooGooGirl New Member

I have started to get severe lower back pain whenever I try to do any type of bending or if I am cleaning, vacuuming, washing the dog, etc. Sometimes I can't even stand up straight it hurts so bad. This is new for me too. I have found that heat is helpful.
  4. Ishy75

Ishy75 New Member

I have the same pain in my lower back and have found that laying on an ice pack for 30 minutes or so helps considerably. I've tried heat and that just makes it worse for me.

Ishy
  5. mystijul

mystijul New Member

Before Armour Thyroid, I'd receive chiropractic treatments for this and it was the only thing that would help. My chiro said that my pelvis was tilting the wrong way.
    Peace,
    Julie
  6. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

I have the same problem. But it used to be just in the lower back and now it's spread to my legs and feet. You should talk to your doc and see if you can have an MRI done. I just had one a few days ago, and found out that I have a herniated disk. Heating pads, hot baths, massage, and 800 mg. Ibuprofen usully temporarily does the trick. Good luck and keep us posted!

Kathryn
  7. jka

jka New Member

i have constant lower back and hip pain.i havn't found much that helps. my rhumy said it's fibro and nothing to do for it.you might try a hot rub(tiger balm) and see if that helps. i use emu oil with menthol in it. that helps for a little while.

kathy c
  8. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

I had the same pain. It radiated down my back side and into my ankle. I finally had an MRI and found that I had a bulging disc. Easy back excercises will help some, but you should see your doctor to rule out anything more serious.
    Hope this helps. tlc8858
  9. PrimitiveKat

PrimitiveKat New Member

Yes, I have that pain. I have had it for years. Also, the bone between my hips has hurt and cracked alot for years. (I am 33.)

For the past few months I have also had a strange 'catching' feeling in my spine there too. It is so bad, that when I walk, it like paralyzes me where I am unable to move. It causes gripping pain. I got x-rays last week but do not have the findings yet. The doctor says it sounds like a ligament. (They attach bone to bone.) Yet another symptom...I do nothing for it other than walk very slowly! And as little as possible. To the bathroom and back is about the extent of my day!

Yes I go numb and get tingly sensations. I get twitching too.
  10. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Never use heat on any new pain.
    Ice is what is used for the first 48 hours
    and then you can move onto heat.
    I prefer moist heating pad.

Lynn
  11. Michelle Z.

Michelle Z. New Member

Ice First On New Pain.

I've back pain for a long time.
    I like to take a bath towel dampen it real good (not dripping). Roll it up like a log.
    Put it in the microwave for 2 - 3 minutes (depending on micro).
    Put a dry towel down so my bed doesn't get damp.
    Then I just un-roll my log and lay on the nice moist heat.
    Cheaper and safer than an electric one.
    Just be sure not to leave in micro too long.

Hope you can find some releif!

Best to All!

Meesee
  12. Jen F

Jen F New Member

about the tingling in the tips of your fingers?

could be important.

Jen F.