New painting in profile

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by littlebrownwren, Aug 27, 2006.

1. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

I was a bit cowardly about posting my art as I have no formal training.

Then it had to be one I'm still working on. It's four ft by 4ft.

Hope you enjoy my walk through my unfinished garden.

Wren

2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I love your painting. I was just posting on Denamay's thread showing her abstract painting of flowers and saying how I want to see more artwork from our members. I didn't know about you!

It's beautiful. I love looking at the talent you guys have.

Linda
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I also paint and am self taught .I'm not that good yet but I'm working on it.

I find it so relaxing.I also was afraid to post my paintings.I did though.

We do have so much talent here.Immune Support should organize some kind of auction for our crafts paintings and stain glass work.And anything else we do that I might have left out.

I for one would donate a few to help raise money for awareness or research.

Again just Love Your Painting.

Hugs>>>FOR EVERY DAY A NEW DAWN WILL COME>>>Sue
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

Very nice, peaceful place to read a book or just listen to the nature- Carla
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Is beautiful.....

Can you imagine if the only people who enjoyed art are those who's works are in the museums?

I've liked everything I've seen posted on the boards (art wise) because they're all beautiful in their own way.

I thought your trees really looked like the wind could blow right through them and I went back in time to when I was about 8 or 9 and a neighbor had a willow tree and I was fascinated all over again with the movement of the branches.

Please don't feel shy about it anymore...I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm sure others will too!!!!

Great job!!!

Nancy B.
  6. webintrig

webintrig New Member

What a beautiful painting! It is like I am really there. You are a great painter.

What did you use in the ways of colors? Oils, water colors, pastels or pencils?

Did you sketch it first? Did you do the background first then add things on top of the background?

I am just starting my hand at painting and I need some advice.

So far I have an abstract painting using colored pencils ,pastels and I think I will use some watercolors as well.

How do you get the tree trunk look so smooth as well as the other stuff? I hope you can give me some tips.

Thanks,
  7. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

My paint of choice is acrylics.

I didn't use a sketch in this one. I had this left over piece of wood and got bored one night and decided to see what I could do with it.

I love flower gardens and am surrounded by woods.
    On the acreage next door there are these hugh vines growing up into the tree tops.

I've forgotten the name of the vine but they are smooth and they twist,curl, bend and droop and it does seem a bit imaginary somehow. I enjoy walking beneath them.

Thank you all for the compliments. My family are always fussing at me because I'm so afraid of just putting my art out there.

Maybe I'll show one of my birds next time.

Wren
  8. Thistledown

Thistledown New Member

Keep up the gorgeous work!!!
  9. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

lovely painting, yes you are talented.

I love birds too, my husband has always been a bird man and since I gave up work in 97 I've become a garden bird watcher too.

love
    Rosie
  10. IMHOT

IMHOT New Member

wren
    Your painting is beautiful. YOu certainly are gifted !!! I would like to see more !
    imhot
  11. IMHOT

IMHOT New Member

wren
    Your painting is beautiful. YOu certainly are gifted !!! I would like to see more !
    imhot
  12. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Dear Wren,

Such a nice painting with so much detail, you must have a very good eye.

Keep posting your work, it is great to see you use your talent in this way. Love Denamay
  13. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

littlebrownwren:

Beautiful.

What a wonderful talent to have.

nyrofan