New Pic Guess Where

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by paulmack, Apr 23, 2007.

1. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Hi guys,time for a new pic.Saw this building on a UK TV history programme today & thought it would make a good guess where game.It is quite a stunning pic,don't you think??
    The only clue I'm giving is that it's not in Scotland.
  2. littleleafhopper

littleleafhopper New Member

I don't have any idea, but I'd sure like to go there! Thanks for posting this one. Yours, Lil
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

That's a new one, Paul.

That's quite a cathedral complex, indeed. I've never seen one with a large central tower like that.

I'll start the guessing with a cathedral in France or Germany.

I'm off to explore Google Images to see if I can find it.

Ken
  4. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Yep Ken,you're on the right track by Googling Cathedrals,but not in France or Germany.
  5. paulmack

paulmack New Member

I'm just heading off to bed,so I'll leave you with a further clue.You may want to try the home of The Auld Enemy.
    If you don't know which country that is then I'm sure a google search will tell you.
    Good luck with the searching,I'll check out your posts in the morning.
    TTFN.
  6. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Yep,this Cathedral is in England & is a well-known Cathedral in the North-East of England attracting over 600,000 visitors each year.

7. sisland

sisland New Member

Could it be the Lincoln Cathedral in North England?
  8. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Thats actually a very good guess because i just checked out Lincoln Cathedral on the net & there are some striking similarities.
    This Cathedral is further up in North-east England & was founded in 1093 & sits high on a mound surrounded by the River Wear.
    Hope that helps.
  9. sisland

sisland New Member

Keep Looking Paul! Thanks for the Nother Clue! Lolo,,,S
  10. sisland

sisland New Member

The Durham Cathredral on the River Wear?
  11. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

well, it's a biggy......I opt for Durham Cathedral too.

Rosie
  12. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Yep,well done Sisland & Rosie.It certainly is Durham Cathedral on the River Wear in North-East England.It's a beautiful piece of architecture dating way back to 1093.
    It's easy to see why it attracts over 600,000 visitors each year.
    I for one would love to visit this area.
    Check out the link below(about half way down the page) for some stunning aerial pics of Durham Cathedral where you can see how the River Wear encircles this beautiful Cathedral.

The link is:

http://www.daverob.org.uk/

Also check out Durham Cathedral's website to check out it's amazing history & what's currently happening there:

http://www.durhamcathedral.co.uk/

I'll have to think of a prize for you sisland,all I can say at the moment is get your passport ready,LOL.
  13. sisland

sisland New Member

Another Fun Where is this Place! Wish i Had a Passport!,,,,,Hope You have a great evening ! I'm off to check out the photos!,,,,,,S
  14. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Darn! I missed your game again! I was gone all day yesterday in San Diego visiting family. Well, thanks for posting, hope you are having a good day! Kim :)
    [This Message was Edited on 04/24/2007]
  15. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Hi Kim,sorry you missed the game again,hope you had a pleasant visit to San Diego.
    Well Sisland,no passport,at least that will save me an all-expenses trip.I've been racking my brains for a prize for but I think I may have found the ideal gift.
    I'll let you choose a Durham Hamper,how does that sound,LOL.You can do a google on durhamhampers & you can choose either a Luxury Hamper,Gourmet Basket,Ladies Selection.....
    Hope you have fun picking your gift,LOL.

[This Message was Edited on 04/24/2007]
  16. sisland

sisland New Member

I was off looking for a Bargin on a Digital camera! This is so great! a Durham Hamper! Thanks alot! i'm going for the Christmas collection one with the Fudge and Biscuts!lol! and all the other great stuff in there!
    When should i Exspect it to Arrive sir? lolol!,,,,,S
  17. paulmack

paulmack New Member

The Christmas Hamper sounds a great choice.Gives me plenty of time to save up for it,haha.
    Will make sure its dispatched to you in early December.
    Glad you enjoyed the game.
    I thought the hamper would have been ideal as I know you girls can't resist a bit of online shopping!!!!!!!!
  18. sisland

sisland New Member

Aren't you a funny one! Lol! Thats fine i can wait till Christmas! Lolol!,,,Great Game!,,,,,,,,S
  19. kholmes

kholmes New Member

So the Durham Cathedral, then. I was way off, looking for a large cathedral like Chartres.
    When I was in England, I visited the York Cathedral, but never made it to Durham.
    Looks awesome.

Ken
  20. paulmack

paulmack New Member

For Cindy