New Pic in Bio

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mini4Me, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Hello, just wanted to share my new pic of one of my cookie jars from my cookie jar collection. I'll show others over the coming weeks.

What do you collect??
    I also collect hearts.
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

,,,,,, So Kool! Wish i Had room to collect cookie jars! I Have a Tendency to collect antique Kitchen ware ,,,,,,,,

Like Utenciles and Flour sifters, and Linens, and tea pots, and ,i have a Bread box painted with Strawberries,,,and A Butter Churn,,,,,,etc,,,,,,I can't wait to see your next Cookie Jar!,,,,,,,,,,,Oh' Alice in wonderland of course!,,,,,,,,S
    [This Message was Edited on 06/09/2007]
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

What a cool cookie jar. It makes me want to collect them... I have so much "stuff" now I need to get rid of..
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Love your new cookie jar!!! You might want to add something about "What Do You Collect" in your title so others will see and add what they collect, too!! Just a suggestion ....

Here is what I collect:

- I have a large, beautiful collection of Fostoria fine crystal that belonged to my grandmother which she started buying piece by piece in the 1940's, maybe earlier. It was passed down to her only daughter, which is my mother. My mother has passed it down to me .... and of course, I intend to pass it down to my two daughters. I also have my grandmother's dining china collection, and 6 of her hand-made quilts. She died around 1988 when she was about 85.

- I also have a vast collection of Moon & Star. The Moon & Star crystal is a Victorian pattern which was first introduced in the 1800's. The pattern was very popular, but due to the heaviness of the glass, transporting it by stagecoach was difficult and not practical. It has been read to be Abraham Lincoln's favorite piece and was collected by the late Kate Smith. In the 1960's approximately a dozen of the original pieces were reproduced and sold. The Moon & Star design was incorporated into approximately 100 new items which were sold nationwide for several years. Around 1988 is the last time I found a piece.

- I also collect Fenton. I buy a piece every chance I get and my daughters always get me a piece for my birthday and/or Chrismas. I also buy them quite a few pieces each year and have started my new daughter-in-law a collection, too. My daughters' late uncle started buying them Fenton when they were about 8 years old and told them that they would some day cherish it--and they had too many toys anyway!! LOL He passed away about 6 years ago, and since then I made sure to continue adding to their collections since he was no longer around to do so.

- I also collect cookbooks. I collect them like other people collect regular books!! I used to love to cook and bake, when I was able. I always hope to be able to again some day!

- Over the last 35 years of marriage, my husband has bought me quite a collection of diamonds--rings, braclets, necklaces, and earrings. However, when I retired in 1999, so did he from buying me these gifts!! He said since I was no longer working, that I did not need them anymore!! Ugh!!

When he would buy me something, he said it was good for a few years of gift-giving occasions like birthday, valentine's day, mother's day, our anniversary, etc. He stuck to it, too! (I used to get a piece every 5 years, then he kind of slacked off!)

He said he got these for me with the intention of having something to pass down to our girls, then their children, and down and down the generations. He is really big into family and history, etc.

So all my jewelry and gold necklaces are basically in my drawers now because my hands are too swollen to wear them--I do wear the earrings and necklaces, though. Each child has already spoken for which ones they want when it's time to inherit them!!!!

- My grandchildren have started me a collection of Boyds Bears. I have about 8 of them so far.

[This Message was Edited on 06/11/2007]