New pic in profile ~~ Brand New Granddaughter!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mar19, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

Showing off my first precious new granddaughter, Samantha Kathleen.

DH and I flew to Texas to meet her -- I'm now in "recovery mode" -- flying certainly takes it's toll, doesn't it??

It was worth it all to meet this precious little girl, but I'm glad I'm home again.

Love and blessings
    Mar
  2. she is adorable, she looks alot like my daughter when she was born. You must be a proud grandma!
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

Congratulations, Grandma!!!!

She is really precious!! There's nothing like having that first grandbaby, is there?

I have two grandsons, 7-3/4 and 9! And yes, they grow up sooooooo fast!

Glad to hear that mother and Samantha Kathleen are doing well!

Also, wish you a speedy "recovery" from your trip!

Hugs,
    Janet
  4. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

isnt she the cutest. I have 4 year old twin grandaughters on my profile. I also have an adorable 2 year old grandson. They are the most precious gift ever bestowed on me. Enjoy
    hugs, poodlemum
  5. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Thanks for sharing her with us. She looks very wise and is really checking you out in that picture. Maybe she's a healer!

love,

Francie
  6. Muddieanne

Muddieanne New Member

Thank you for sharing that picture with us. She is a beautiful baby.I am happy for you. I hope you are "recovering" from flying. It isn't enjoyable anymore.

Welcome back to N.J. Marie
  7. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Oh so precious and absolutely gorgeous!!!

Thanks for sharing with us!!
    Hugs
    Bluerose
  8. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I am so envious!! having 3 boys!

What a cute little girl! So much hair.

You get to shop in the pink girly girl department. Love those little frilly headbands.

That flight was so worth it I'm sure.

Cindy
  9. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

How precious is that little doll! Isn't being a grandma the most wonderful thing in the world? Could you keep the tears away when you left? That is so hard to do.

Our first grandchild, Jessica, had our very first great-grandchild on Jessica's 30th birthday. This is an even greater thrill. She is Arabella Hope.

Oh, yes, I have her picture on my profile too when she first wore a dress and was ready to go to church for the first time.

I get to see her on the 15th and can hardly wait.

Gentle Hugs to you and that precioius little granddaughter.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/08/2005]
  10. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

She is adorable and she seems very alert. I really like her name too. Enjoy your time visit.
  11. fahan

fahan New Member

soo very sweet! Congradulations!! fahan
  12. FM58

FM58 New Member

Oh wow, how adorable she is!

My oh my, this commuting back & forth to Texas is going to be rough, yikes! But the things you gotta do to hold those precious grandbaby's :)

My boys aren't ready yet to give me granchildren - but a good friend's daughter just had premie twins, so I will will get to hug, hold, smell, kiss & babysit those sweet boys when they are ready to come home.

Hope you feel better soon- take it easy while you are recovering.

Gentle Hugs from another Jersey Girl,
    Patty
  13. brit_17759

brit_17759 New Member

your grand-daughter is beautiful
    hugs,
    brit
  14. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Oh what a beautiful baby! I know you must be thrilled. I'm 55 and not yet a grandma. My oldest son (26) gets married in 4/06, so I figure in a few years they may decide to have a family.

Can't wait to be in your position! Congratulations to you and the mom and dad. ;-)

Hugs,
    Faye
  15. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

...for your kind comments and words of encouragement.

DH and I returned from Texas on Thursday and I've been laying low since. Being hit with the remnants of "Tammy" on top of such a strenuous trip and visit... well, I don't have to tell any of you what that does.

I've enjoyed looking in on all of your grands and greats in your profiles - I checked all the profiles for pics while I was at it. Love putting faces or interests to names, you know?

Someone mentioned being in their 50's and still waiting for grands -- that's me too. I'm 56 and this is my first. All my siblings, even the younger one, already has multiple grandchildren -- I have nieces and nephews in their 40's! There's a huge difference in ages here.

There is a "cloud" over this whole wondrously happy event. DD married a man who treats her like "property". When we arrived, baby was 2 days old, DD was up and walking about "trying to get her figure back" -- also white as a ghost and running a temp!!

It didn't take much coaxing from us to get her to lay in bed and be waited on -- by us, not him!! She looked lots better when we left, but of course, we weren't allowing her to do much of anything. She never balked at it, you could tell she was completely wiped out.

As an aside, she had been in labor for *four days!!* and she pushed for three hours! the baby was face up, finally turned to the side and the doc used forceps. Not an easy delivery, to say the least.

DH and I waited until one of the times when DD was sleeping soundly and suggested to her husband that she needed to be in bed for at least a week or two. He got all defensive -- nuts, actually! At one point he starting crying, saying that I was questioning his "honor".

To give you a good picture of who he is; during this particular conversation he told us that our daughter is a testimony to our own parenting skills. Know why? Because "she knows her place in the house. (His words) She obeys my every command, even when she doesn't agree."

Don't even get me started!

As for him? He does NOTHING around the house. My own DH and I took care of things that needed very badly to be done. The baby's crib was still in the packing boxes! My dh put it up.

DD wasn't allowed to run the dishwasher -- because it takes up too much energy!! But when HE does the dishes, he runs it. Guess what? When it runs, it makes the kitchen sink and garbage disposal (complete with old garbage) flood all over the kitchen floor.

DH and I used it, not knowing at the time, and the old garbage and water started overflowing. Idiot son-in-law was sitting on his butt talking to his family. I called him -- he didn't come. I yelled at him, he walked over, looked and said "yeah, it does that".

It had been doing that since they moved in well over a year ago! We bought a new unit and my dh replaced it -- took about 20 minutes tops!

Oh, another "good" thing? (Sarcasm intended.) He allots her a whopping $35 a week to buy groceries!! She's nursing the baby now -- quite successfully too -- but if for any reason she couldn't, he claims there is no money for formula!!! (I asked during our "discussion".)

I could go on with lots of other "antecdotes" but my blood pressure is too high already! LOL

I really hated leaving my daughter and this beautiful little baby behind, but I don't think I could survive living near that man. He was all too willing to let us bring in groceries, fix the house, clean, cook, etc while he sat on his behind.

Now that I've finished venting!! LOL My game plan is to pretend he doesn't exist and keep in touch with my daughter and the baby and spoil them as much as humanly possible!! I want her to know that we're here. She's the one who's going to have to handle this husband of hers.

I'll be praying my heart out for her also!! Good thing she's just as stubborn and hard headed as her Momma -- one of these days she's going to blast that man into the next week!

Right now I think I need to take some *deep* breaths, and look at the sweet little "fatherless" baby granddaughter of ours --- aw heck! Guess I am the mother-in-law from Hades after all! ::grin::

Love and blessings
    Mar