New pic in profile

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JuliannaG, Feb 8, 2006.

1. JuliannaG

JuliannaG New Member

I thought seeing that the other side of the world is in the midst of winter, I would post the latest photo I have, taken in December last year, in the middle of our hot and humid summer. The climate where I live on the coast is sub-tropical.

As you can see, our garden has a lot of foliage. Over the arch by the stairs on my left is a star jasmine vine, and a shoo-shoo creeper. Shoo-shoo's (sp?) are a kind of marrow. Many people don't like them as they are somewhat tasteless, but we eat them raw grated with carrot - coleslaw without the cabbage.

The dogs are camera shy, they just wouldn't pose.
  2. splooofy

splooofy New Member

What a nice picture of you and your shy baby. It looks beautiful there. How interesting it must be to live in South Africa. Have you lived there all your life?

Hugs Splooofy
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

The one is under the bushes staying cool and the other one is near you. Nice big guard dogs. :) You look like a lovely lady. Thanks for posting your photo.

We haven't had any snow here yet. I'm in Virginia--central area. That makes you pretty far away from us.

I wish it was hot here. It is always humid here in the summer, though.

Hugs,
    Faye
  4. JuliannaG

JuliannaG New Member

Yes, I have lived in S.A. all my life. I was born in Johannesburg. My folks moved down to Durban when I was a toddler, then my dad got a job on a sugar mill on the North Coast, till I was 8, then we moved back to Durban, where I have stayed all my life.

Our winters are the best in the country, very mild mostly, but the summers are hot and humid, and energy sapping.

We have big guard dogs because of the high crime, but also because we prefer large dogs to small ones. The Doberman is 4 and a half years old. We got him as a 6 week old puppy. The Husky cross is old now, just over 10 years old. We got her from the SPCA.
  5. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I have 2 great danes! I love the flowering trees in the picture also!
    Take Care!
    Kellyann
  6. PVLady

PVLady New Member

What a cute picture and lovely yard. I think I will take a picture soon and post it. It makes such a difference to see the person who is writing.

That is funny your dogs are camera shy.

Maybe one day you can visit the United States for a vacation and rest. I could show you around S. California!!! We live close to the ocean on a hill, lots of trees. When I feel good, I love to plant flowers, etc.

Thanks again for the picture..

7. JuliannaG

JuliannaG New Member

The red bush the Husky is under is a "Jammy Mouth" indigenous to S. Africa. I don't know what the botanical name is. We have a yellow one in the front yard. The flowers look a little like small orchids. On the front of the flower it is a bright shiny black, which gives it the name.
  8. sues1

sues1 New Member

Beautiful name and lady. I hope to see you here more.

I loved the flowering bushes....lovely. Thanks for sharing.