New Pic In Profile

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, May 8, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

At Madwolf's request (LOL) I have replaced my pic in my profile. Sorry, until I get some new picture software, my pics will be HUGE; just use the scroll bar at the bottom to move across it.

As you can see, there is still a lot of swelling and bruising around the eyes and on my neck. Y'all will probably look at it and wonder why I had it done if the results look like this. It takes about three months for the incisions to flatten out and for the swelling to go down. On the other hand, it is a vast improvement over the last two photos.

Love, Mikie

2. LynneH

LynneH New Member

I think you look wonderful! Yes, that IS a big picture...but you can see all the detail. It's funny, as the picture was coming up, I saw this big white thing and thought it was a pillow. It was your lamp. lol
    Anyway, the surgeon did a great job.

Love, LynneH
  3. COOKIEMONSTER

COOKIEMONSTER New Member

I would defineatly like to see a before and after shot of yourself.

Question without seeming offensive Mikie.......Are those your natural cheekbones?

I'm envious either way.

You look Gorgeous darling.......simply gorgeous!

Cookiemonster
  4. KayL

KayL New Member

I think you look great! And I really like your hair cut that way. It's very flattering.

Karen
  5. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

Mikie you are looking so lovely. I am so happy for you that everything is going so well. Is that an extra sparkle in your eyes? You are feeling good about it all no doubt. I can see that it is worth all the "blood & gore" LOL. Love your new hairdo and your cheekbones are to die for darling.
    All my best, CLD
  6. Ellie

Ellie New Member

What a babe you are and thanks for all you do for all of us. Aloha Ellie
  7. goingslowlycrazy

goingslowlycrazy New Member

You look sensational! And healing so fast - and yes, you do have a twinkle in your eye...no wonder, looking that good girl!!!

I'm really happy for you!

hugs
    Mary x
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Mikie, you look wonderful! You sure didn't need anything done to that cute little nose you have :).

You are one pretty Chick!

Shalom! Shirl
  9. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

I told you you would look gorgeous and you do and i cant believe it is healing so fast like i said go Mikie Go Mikie
    ((((((((((((((((((((((big soft hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))

lots of love from Loopyloo xxx
  10. coyote

coyote New Member

You look great! You must be pleased with the results!
  11. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

You look bloody fantastic.

Eyes like Debbie Reynolds, and cheek bones to die for.

Envious - what makes you think that?
    I`m saving already...

Love Pat.
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I didn't want to really post yet because there is still so much swelling and bruising, not mention that the incisions are still visible, but again, this is how I look right now. Thank you all for your kind remarks.

I am closing in on 60, so I know I'm not going to look like a youngster, but when everything settles down, I'll look the best I can for someone my age.

Yes, dahlings, those are my own cheekbones. I don't envy anyone who has to have cheek bones or a chin implant. They have to drill into the bone to attach those and the pain afterward is almost unbearable. The coordinator at the clinic had a chin implant and she said it was very painful afterward. Guess that's why they give you plenty of Vicodin. Kinda strange isn't it; someone having elective surgery for cosmetic reasons has not trouble getting pain killers but people in constant pain from FMS often have a devil of a time. Anyway, I had to have a tendon in my arm reattached to the bone after it ruptured. I've never had such gawdawful pain in my life. I would have literally killed to get relief from it. Fortunately for me, they gave me Vicodin then too. Any time bone is involved, the pain is horrible.

Well, gotta go, but thanks again for all your sweet comments. I'll eventually put a nice final "after" shot in my profile. The doc's office took the before pics and will take after pics too for my file. I'll ask for copies. Really, with a good surgeon, there isn't a huge difference. People just look more rested and not so tired.

Love, Mikie
  13. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Once you are logged in, you just have to click on the name in the left hand column then it comes up.

Love Pat.
  14. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Beautiful, no need to say more, Fondly, June