New pic of me and my dad from 01/06 :)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjr2003, Mar 13, 2006.

1. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy everybody :>) Thought I'd put a new pic up since we got our pic's from our vacation to go and see my parents in January developed. Everyone says I look so very much like my dad; don't know if I do in this pic, but that is what EVERYONE says! :>) They live in WV - real close to where the first coal mining accident was in January. My dad is a minister and they moved away ( 1000 miles away :>( ) about a year and 1/2 ago. I miss them dearly everyday. When I hear that Shania Twain song "It only hurts when I'm breathing. . . " I think of mom and dad immensely. I lived w/ them til I got married when I was 30 so we are very close! Love, Carla
    P.S. Dad has this serious look on his face in this pic but he is real laid back and a real "joker". He is so special to me!
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

What a lovely pic of you and your dad! You REALLY do favor him!!

It does my heart good to see a grateful daughter....such as yourself. It shows how much love is in your family.

I miss my dad so much sometimes... that it hurts.
    He was so special.

See you later.....mari
  3. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

You look alot like your dad your face is even the same shape.

I wish my dad and I had a relationship more like you and your dad but my dad physically and mentally abused me.

he had been an alcholic and while he was he hurt me and my brother.

I thought I was over all of that until my lawyer brought that up today and I started bawling!

I am happy for you that you do have such a loving dad and mom, my has passed away from cancer.

Pamela
  4. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

Yes, I was definetly blessed to have BOTH my parents in this life! I fully realize that many have not had what I have had and that makes them all the more dearer to me. I can't remember a time when I didn't feel loved and felt "safe and secure". I miss that "safe and secure" feeling sometimes. When I got married in 2002 and moved out and in w/ my husband, I didn't feel the difference right away, but when they moved away in 2004, it really hit me hard. My dad has always played a big role in my life ( my mom too, but in different ways). He has always taken care of me/protected me/made me feel safe. He has helped me numerous times financially due to medical bills piling up sky high. He helped me when I had to file bankruptcy in 98. He was pretty strict when my brother and I were growing up; living as a minister's daughter def. had it's stresses, but, I am glad in every way for the way he raised me; hardships and all. He taught me discipline among many other lessons in life by his example and his words. I know that one day ( hopefully not any time soon), when it is his time to go, it will be very hard on me. He has been my "guide" in life in many ways. In many ways, I didn't know how much I depended on him and mom until I got married and they moved so far away. They are so loved! God Bless! Carla