New pic on my profile! (Aislyn strikes again! LOL)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by EgyptStarr, Feb 6, 2006.

1. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

Yup........ I figured I was overdue bringing ya'll another pic of my little model! Here she is... AGAIN.... posing for the camera! This pic is a little old..... taken last May, but it's still a pic worth sharing, I think.....

What do you think?

Hugs!
    Starr

2. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

I've noticed that you both ALWAYS check out my pics, and it makes me feel good to know that Aislyn and I have "fans" out there already! lol

I'm certain that she will be either a singer (like her Mama, except that she'll do it professionally!), an actress (since she's such a performer already and a little Drama Queen!) or a model, with those looks and how she LOVES to pose for pictures!

So if any of those happen and she becomes famous someday, you can say you "knew" her "back when....." lol

Carrie: Yes, I remembered you had a redheaded boy named Eric. He's a cutie! I LOVE the pic you have up now! Your little girl has the most infectious smile!!! She is just a DOLL!!!

fight4acure: I will find and post a trivia question next, just because you asked me to! I know you've missed those and it's been a LONG time since I've posted any. I will do that now.

Thanks again, Ladies! Ya'll are the best!

Hugs!
    Starr

3. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

4. bozey

bozey New Member

Aislyn is adorable. Such pretty curls. Better get ready to fight the boys off!! LOL

bozey
  5. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

Love that red hair too! She's going to be a beautiful young woman before you know it ... watch out for those boys, Mom! :)

Starr, I'm curious ... Aislyn is such an unusual name (at least I've never heard it before) ... how do you pronouce it?

Is the first syllable "Aye" as in "Aye Aye sir" or like the sound of Ainsley but without the "n" (like "I make straight A's")? Oh my gosh how foggy am I tonight, those neither one make sense, but you get where I'm going here??? LOL!

Just curious. It's a beautiful name either way!

BTW, I updated my profile to share my kids with you too! My son Aaron is 25, my daughter Emily is 23. (They grow up way too fast, wahhhhh!)

Blessings to you!
    Kat
  6. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

Kat, your kids are GORGEOUS!!! Not that they're "kids" anymore, but I'm sure they always will be to their Mom and Dad! Fantastic pic of them, too!

Aislyn is pronounced ACE-lin.... you know, like an Ace in a deck of cards?

The original spelling is Aislinn, but I liked my spin on it better. It is a VERY OLD Gaelic (old Irish) name (which is PERFECT, since she comes from some very strong Irish bloodlines and has the red hair and fair skin to prove it! LOL). The meaning of the name is "Dream". Her middle name is Summer, because I love the name Summer, she was born in July, and I thought "Aislyn Summer" was just too pretty to resist!

I found the name in a book called "Unusual Names For Baby". Once I discovered it, learned the origin and meaning, and paired it with "Summer", her dad couldn't have changed my mind if he had tried! I was SET on it! Luckily, he liked it, too.

Well, that may be more info than you wanted, but I never get tired of telling people about her name! LOL

Besides, when you're me and grow up with the name "Starr", you learn an appreciation for unusual names! Me naming my kids "Mary and Bob" was NOT gonna happen! LOL

My son's name is Kyler.

Hugs!
    Starr

[This Message was Edited on 02/08/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/08/2006]
  7. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

Starr - I love the pronunciation of Aislyn's name. It didn't occur to me that it would be "Ace-lyn". That is so pretty! I love your son's name too, Kyler. Very neat.

I have a niece named Summer ... she's now 30 and the first Summer I ever heard of! It fits her so well and I love the name.

I just love hearing the stories behind how kids are named. I wasn't quite so creative ... I simply picked names I liked, lol. The only naming stipulation my DH had was that we call them by their given names, nothing that can be shortened (we both have to shorten our names, mine is actually Kathleen but I go by Kathy) and absolutely no being called by their middle names (my first name is Mary to boot, which really confuses people!).

Thanks for the sweet comments on my kids. Yep, I think they are pretty cute too, but I'm just a tad biased. They're good kids and growing into such fine young adults. They've been such a blessing.

Have a great day!
    Kat

8. kch64

kch64 New Member

Is so cute on her. My best friend and her daughter all have the same haircolor as your little girl.

Is she your only child?

Blessings,
    Kendra
  9. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

Sorry I didn't see your reply before today.... I've been away for a couple of days....

No, she's not my only one. I have a 13-yr-old son, also. His name is Kyler. His hair is dark brown.

I have a pic of the two of them sitting together on the couch, and they are sitting side-by-side, exactly alike, and smiling the SAME smile! It is SO adorable, and it wasn't "planned"..... no one told them how to sit or smile for the pic.... it was totally a coincidence!

But the REALLY great thing is.... you can DEFINITELY tell that they are brother and sister, and you can definitely tell they are MINE! ALL of their facial features, their smiles.... EVERYTHING...... IDENTICAL! And they look JUST like me! (Makes me so proud, that they are so gorgeous, but they look like me..... how did THAT happen????!!!! LOL)

I WISH I had that picture on my computer so I could post it! It is priceless!

Thanks!
    Hugs!
    Starr