New Picture-Baby Wild Hogs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kriket, Feb 2, 2007.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

We have a farm out in the country and we have a feeder full of deer corn that we keep full year round for the birds,deer, and wild hogs. We have had tons of wild hogs lately coming to the feeder to eat. We have a game camera that is motion activated that we put up by the feeder so we can see what is actually coming to it to eat.

This is the first time that we have got pictures of little baby wild hogs. Usually there are a whole lot of half and full grown hogs, but not ever any babies.

Anyway, just thought you guys might like to see them, so I decided to share the picture with ya'll!!!!!

[This Message was Edited on 02/02/2007]
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

3. kriket

kriket New Member

Yea. That's what I'm kind of thinking too. Just kidding. My grandmother always said that wild hog has a better taste than a domestic hog. There is a lot of bacon there huh? LOL

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

almost any kind of babies are cute.
  5. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

I counted 12 ... Isn't that a lot of wild hogs to have in one place ? I didn't realize they ran in packs ...

My brother killed one when I was a kid and I remember the meat was gamey, but definitely better than regular pig.

Don't kill a baby to find out though ... They are cute ... marcia
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

We have had up to twenty or so at one time. Sometimes they travel by themselves, but most of the time they travel in packs.

7. joyfully

joyfully New Member

What section of Texas? I'm in Central Texas.
  8. kriket

kriket New Member

East Texas.

9. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I didn't realize that wild hogs came in so many different colors.
  10. kriket

kriket New Member

They are sooo cute when they are little, but they are soooo ugly when they get big!!! LOL Wild hogs can be many different and odd colors. I like the ones in the pic. that are brown with the stripes. They look unique.