New Picture Guess Where

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by paulmack, Jan 22, 2007.

1. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Hi Guys.I've posted a new picture in my profile.
    All guesses as to the name of this building are most welcome.
    I'll check back shortly with a clue if needed.
  2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Just scanned through pics of famous castles in Scotland, nothing that looks quite like your pic yet. Still searching......Kim :)
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

After looking at about 100 castles I finally found it! What an interesting history it has. I'll be a sport and let them volley this around a bit.
  4. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Yeh you're on the right track.Famous Castle's.

ps I mean't to say if Annie Cromwell sees this she'll definitely know,so please keep it a secret for a little longer,lol.
  5. paulmack

paulmack New Member

I might have known you would get it,you're too good at these games.lol.
    Well done & thanks for keeping it quiet for a little longer.
  6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Funny thing; I just saw a picture of this castle about five days ago, but I can't remember the name of it.

Elliespad is good at this game, isn't she!

Are you going to put us all up in it for a night?
    [This Message was Edited on 01/22/2007]
  7. paulmack

paulmack New Member

If I win the lottery I might,lol.
    This place is £600 a night I think,thats about US$1100 roughly,way out ma range.
  8. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Of course, if we all chipped in, I'll bet we could all swing it.
  9. paulmack

paulmack New Member

But this castle isn't as big as my place,lol,I wish.
  10. paulmack

paulmack New Member

A famous pop singer may be able to afford to stay at this Castle,with her hubby.
  11. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I suppose that might be Skibo Castle in Scotland where Madonna and Guy Ritchie were married? It got much easier when you threw in that last hint, Lol! Kim :)
    [This Message was Edited on 01/22/2007]
  12. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Just read that Andrew Carnegie owned Skibo Castle at one point, and did some resoration work on it in 1898.

I found that exact photo on a "Scottish wedding" link just before your clue, but it didn't have the name of the castle! Looks like you can get married there, just like Madonna and Guy.

Here's the link:

http://www.scottish-wedding-consultants.com/castle.[This Message was Edited on 01/22/2007]
  13. elliespad

elliespad Member

Carnegie Club at Skibo Castle is now a private residential Golf and Sporting Club with an international membership limited by invitation. There are currently 650 members, with 40% from the United States, 40% from the UK and 20% from 29 countries around the world. The good news is that non-members may visit once, at a guest charge, to enjoy the superb surroundings of the Castle and the leisure facilities of the Club and have the opportunity to consider - and be considered - for membership.

http://www.rampantscotland.com/castles/blcastles_skibo.htm
  14. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Step up for your prizes.I made the reservations for an overnight stay at Skibo for each of you,just let me know when you can come over.Oh gee,I better go & see if I can arrange a bank loan to cover it,lol.
    As well as Madonna & Guy's wedding did you know Ashley Judd married Dario Franchitti here in Dec 2001.