New picture in profile of my 50th birthday

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TwinMa, Nov 18, 2006.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I'm finally posting what I did on my 50th birthday this past August.

I'm parasailing on Lake Tahoe! I talked my reluctant DH into going tandem with me. He was pretty scared, but ended up really liking it. I'm definitely more the daredevil in our family!

The tow rope was 1400' long! We were WAY UP THERE! It was a 15 minute ride. It was SOOOO FUN!!!

Fortunately, I felt pretty good during the whole vacation. I always do better healthwise in the summer. Ahhh, wish it were summer again....
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

How I envy your vacation and especially your energy.

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I don't even want to go on a roller coaster anymore.
  4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

It was such a fun fun fun thing to do! I actually felt very calm and peaceful while way up there. It made for a memorable 50th birthday.

It's kind of silly, but I'm kind of proud of putting together the 3 picture "photo package" that you see in my profile. I was having a moment of clarity. I appreciate those moments so much!

Thank you ALL for your comments!
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

Geez, that looks scary, but fun. Glad that you had a good time on your 50th birthday!!! Thanks for sharing.

7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I would love to parasail! It looks more fun, than I even imagined! The scenery is gorgeous!

You and your DH are adorable! I turned 50 last June! Not such an ordeal as I thought!

My kids and I 'bungeed' together, in Vegas, a year after I had breast cancer. I felt the need to let the cancer know, it didn't have power over me. It was a very 'freeing' experience!

Thanks for sharing!

8. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Thanks for your replies.

marta 608 - The vacation GAVE me energy!

spacee - I don't know about brave...just like having an adventure occasionally!

rockgor - Oh just go for that roller coaster. It's FUN! You could do one of the kiddie ones where the car is shaped like an elephant or a duck!

livnlife - You definitely need to try the parasailing. I promise, you'd LOVE it! There was one girl on the boat who was crying her eyes out and shaking because she was so scared. We all kept encouraging her, and she DID IT!. As soon as she took off, she got a big smile on her face. She loved it and was very glad she had done it.

morningsonshine - Yaa Hoo is right! That's what I yelled when we were way up there!

kriket - It actually wasn't scary at all--at least not for me. DH was scared before we went, but he also just relaxed when we were at the "top".

ksp56 - Bungee jumping!! Now THAT scares me! But maybe I'll try it for my 55th birthday! For that birthday, my girls will be coming up on their 17th birthday (gulp!!). Sounds like something to do together as a family! I'd never talk DH into that one, though. But one daughter would do it for sure. The other one....not so much.

If you take a look at the picture in my profile, you can see little drops of water coming off our feet. At the end of the ride, they lower you down (winch you in) and then give you a little "toe dip" into the lake. It was literally just a little dip--just toes. That's why we had big smiles on our faces. It's pretty cold way up there, and the top of the water was actually quite warm and felt great. Ahh, remembering....