New Picture in Profile

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rileyearl, Sep 13, 2005.

1. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

This is my husband, son and me a couple of years ago. We had gone for a ride on Thomas the Tank Engine.

Our boy is 4 now and the boss of the world. My husband has lost weight, including one chin. I seem to have added the pounds he lost and two chins. Old pictures are great! Have you ever looked back at old photos of yourself and thought: What was I thinking back then, I wasn't fat. Why I didn't look so bad. I'm pretty sure in 20 years I'll look at my current pictures and think the same thing.

Francie
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

to be in your 50's! I assume your hubby is around your age...We live in Ellensburg, so I'm always glad to see other people in WA state!
  3. jana15

jana15 New Member

Hi Francie,

You look wonderful! I want to cuddle your little boy he looks adorable. I am the same age as you but I think I look years older. The pain and lack of restorative sleep always seems to alway show on my face. I feel like I have a lot more miles on the clock than I should have.

Ta for sharing the pic.

Cheers Jana
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

no, you certainly don't look 52, 42 at a push. Lucky you.

I tend to believe that carrying a little weight makes us look younger instead of being scrawny.

Your wee boy is a handsome little man. Lovely family.

Rosie
  5. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Thanks for sharing Francie...

your little boy is so adorable!

Hugs
    Bluerose
  6. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I had a picture of my cat up before, but feel like I'm getting to know you all and it was time to put me out there!

Francie
  7. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

My grandson is 2 and loves trains and Thomas the Tank. Did your son really enjoy this. I'm wondering if my grandson at 2 is still too young.
  8. orachel

orachel New Member

Great picture, by the way. I've just recently looked at a couple pics from like 6 mos ago, and been amazed at the difference. I guess I've just gotten really ugly in 3 mos or so since I got sick! lol....I don't know what else it could be!

I also just stumbled across a pick from college. Now, I very clearly remeber thinking I was big as a house, totally out of shape, just a mess. I remember beating myself up if I missed a single day at the gym. Now I'm thinking I was totally a bombshell! Isn't that crazy?! Thin as a rail and in great physical condition. hmmm...There's gotta be something to that theory, but I'm looking pretty darn rough right now, so I'm hoping your "20 years in future" theory is just totally wrong!!! Something a little sad about our society that we can't recognize our beauty right in the "here and now". Darn cosmopolitan magazine!