new picture

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by poodlemommy, Jan 31, 2006.

1. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

hi gang. Just wanted to let you know I posted a new picture. It was taken Saturday night at my 50th surprise birthday . My daughters put it together for me. It was so nice. The little ones on my lap are my twin grandaughters. The man in the background is the husband of a dear friend. He is a good friend too. My grandson was busy running around with my nephew. I still cant believe Im 50. where does the time go. I officially retired from my job too this past month. I get my first pension cheque end of this month. I was at the same job 30 years. Last 4 years off on disability. Its nice to now say retired though than disabled. I get a much better response from people. LOL
    hugs poodlemum
  2. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

You look fantastic! You have a great smile. Can't believe you are 50! I turn 50 later this year, too. Ugh. Sure creeps up on you, doesn't it? Your granddaughters look sweet. I have 11 y.o. twin daughters. They sure make life interesting!

Thanks for sharing!

Katy
    [This Message was Edited on 01/31/2006]
  3. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

Happy Birthday to you! What a great picture! Thanks for posting it! I remember you replied to me when I was asking about CPP benefits I believe. Well, I applied for CPP Disability Nov. 20/05 and got approval Jan. 16/06. I was incredulous. Mind you, I have been almost bedbound lately so I certainly qualified. Lucky me.

It can be difficult to maintain a place for sure, but I have been getting by, and still think it's worth it. Take care. Marie
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Thanks for putting a new photo up. I hope to do that one day when I lose more weight. lol You look a lot younger than 50 to me! I'm 56 now, but feel about 156 most days. lol In my photo I was 51 years old.

You are kidding me!!! Those are your granddaughters? I thought they were your daughters. I really did. You could pass for your 30's easily. Looking at you makes me feel so old. How do you do it? What is your beauty secret, if you have any.

I would never in a million years guessed you just turned 50.

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. Golde58

Golde58 New Member

You look great and certainly look way younger than your years. Please share your fountain of youth with all of us!

Take Care-

Kim
  6. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

thanks gals for all your nice compliments. I dont have any beauty secrets. Its all in the genes. My mother is a beautiful woman who always looks 20 years younger than her age. So it was just good old genetics that helped me. God knows there are days I feel like 150 years old. I really try to take care of myself too though. I eat pretty good and I go on my tredmill at least 3 times a week. I think keeping a positive attitude is really important. I used to sit in the victim mode and it aged me. Then I woke up one day and was real sick of feeling sorry for myself. I made some big life changes and got my attitude adjusted. Today im positive, happy and love life inspite of the aches and pains. Funny how a change in attitude was the best pain medicine too. Thanks again for you kind words. Your the best
    hugs poodlemum
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

I remember now that we share a birthday, Feb. 2nd!!!

You turned 50, and I turned 55!!! Hope you had a great time at your surprise birthday party!

Loved your new pic -- your granddaughters are so cute!!!

Hugs,
    Janet