new, pleas help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by omafor4, Nov 13, 2005.

1. omafor4

omafor4 New Member

hello my name is judy. I have just learned that the pain i'm in is fibromalgia. I don't really know much about it other than I'm always in pain some where on my body. I fell like sh--, fighting with my husband of 27 years for I really don't fell like playing wife. Missing work alot and can not afford it. I keep trying to tell myself that its just my body, that I live in not me, I guess that isn't working to well. I don't want to feel sorry for myself but then it feels like no one else really gets this thing that I'm going through. could someone out there with this please help me to understand what is going to happen to me and what if anything helps? thanks judy
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm glad you found us. It is hard after you get a diagnosis and you are trying to understand. This is a great place. There are lots of caring people here who have loads of knowledge about FM.

It takes time to figure it all out but you've made a good first step. Read all you can; knowledge is key in beginning a plan with your Doctor. Ask all the questions you want; there are people here all the time.

There is hope, although we all get discouraged at times. In the meantime, I wish you the best and it's nice to to meet you.

Kathy.
  3. mom-mom

mom-mom New Member

I have been a member for about 2 years but never posted until today. I have learned so much from just reading and learning that I am not totally crazy and not making up my symptons in my head, that other people are dealing with them too. Any one from Indiana out there? I go to a Dr. in Terre Haute that has really helped me. Any time I get something new I come here to see if anyone else has it and 99% of the time they do.

thanks for all the info.
  4. Jeanette62

Jeanette62 New Member

I understand what you are going through. I was just diagnosed in September and initially it was the fatigue and dizziness that were the most difficult for me. Now the constant pain is a problem too. I know how hard it can be for others to understand what you are going through. Fortunately I have a few friends, my mother and an aunt that have FMS so I have support around me.

Things that help - learning as much as you can about FMS and taking time to take care of yourself. This means slowing down your life. This has been my biggest challenge facing the fact I can no longer do everything or be everything I was before.

Things I do for myself - eat healthy as much as possible and exercise - my favorites are a gentle yoga class, an Arthritis Foundation approved aquatics exercise class and a beginning/Sr. Chi-ball aerobics class. I rest when I need too.

I had to quit working in Mar. at a job I loved teaching preschool because the dizziness and fatigue made it too difficult to be that active and energetic and stay safe. Not working has forced me to take the time to focus on getting healthy again so it's for the best.

Keep in mind everyone is different so what works for me may not be what's best for you.

Good luck on your new journey in life. Take time to smell the roses.

Jeanette

[ advertisement ]