New please help!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by yabba, Feb 15, 2003.

1. yabba

yabba New Member

Hi, I was told only 2 weeks ago that i have fms, the pain started 4 weeks ago. i thought i was dying! I didnt and dont have the pressure points, the pain started in my arms both from my shoulder to the tips of my fingers, then from the tops of my legs down. and allso accross my chest. plus a headach everyday. the weird part was about 3 months ago i started having realy bad heartburn and i still do. I am a homemaker we have 2 small childern so i am home all day doing house work and cooking and playing with them and things have come to a halt.thank god my husband is so understanding so far.please if some one can help me to understand this. i have tryed the chat room but my hands hurt so bad i cant type long. Thanks Deb
  2. phenom

phenom New Member

hi deb, you've come to the right place. here you will find people with weird symptoms that at the moment you probably think only you have! if you're looking for supportive, friendly and interesting people, you've found them all in one spot!

i'm totally jealous of you though, a diagnosis in 2 weeks! i waited 11 and a half years and some others on this site have waited much longer than that. but having a name for your pain is the most important thing in my books, that way you can research on your own via the internet and the library, and get informed; knowledge is power!

i wish you the best of luck with your family, as this crappy illness can strain the best of relationships if you're not careful. have a great day.

phenom
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Deb, welcome to our hurting world! So sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with Fibro, it is a painful syndrome with lots of other symptoms that go along with it.

You will find a lot of support on the board here, we are all hurting in one way or the other.

The sad part is that we are all so different with treatments, what works for some doesn't help others at all.

I do hope you have a compassionate doctor to work with you for pain relief, having young children makes life so hard too. Poor babies require so much of our time, and it hurts to do just daily things.

I will just give you one of my favorite home remedies for that pain, here it is;

3 cups of Epson Salts
    3 bottles of regular peroxide (large size)

Put into a tub of very warm water and soak for twenty minutes, then go to bed as you will feel weak after the soak. This is one of the biggest helps I have found for all over pain like you described. It is not a cure, but will surely give you a much needed restful nights sleep.

Also a heating pad is a must, and if you can get one, a 'wireless mattress heating pad', that will help with the night pain and the morning stiffness. Heat is a great help with Fibro.

The biggest help I have found for the pain is 'Pro Energy'(Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate), also 'ZMA' (Zinc, Magnesium and vitamin B-6). But this is not a quick fix, it takes a few weeks to really get results from the above supplements.

They have found that FM patients are deficient in Magnesium, which helps to heal our muscles while we sleep.

I have been taking the Pro Energy for over two years, and the ZMA for deep sleep for one year now. I have not had a serious flare in over a year since starting these supplements, plus I sleep very well as opposed to waking up 10 times or more each night before starting the ZMA.

As for that heartburn, you could have acid reflux, it seems to go along with FM too. Pro Dophilus with FOS, also Pure Noni Juice is also helpful. All the above can be purchased or read about here at the 'Store' link at the top of this page.

You might want to go to the 'Home', Library, and Community sites on the top of this page also. There is a whole lot of information here to educate yourself concerning FM. It is so necessary to understand what is happening with your body when you have this.

Do not be afraid, no one dies of FM! I personally have been suffering with it for over 20 years now, and I am still around!

Again, welcome to the board, and I know you will get some much needed help, and make a whole lot of great friends here too.

Shalom, Shirl