New Porchlight Volume 373 is ON !!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, May 14, 2009.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi guys and gals,

I. hope no one got caught in the door. Barry popped it towards the end I know and Elaine sent a long note with her problems at the house and all. You might want to give a peek.

I left some more cookies and drinks for yout all to enjoy if you would like save me some choc chil please.

Julie - you might want to check the other board.

Love to everydobby. More later on I hope.

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Took several clicks over a period of time to get this post to open.

Yes, Pippi, kumquats are orange. So are loquats. My experience is that neither
    is fit to eat.

Nope, never caught a mud puppy. Seen 'em on PBS though. I think they look like
    fish but are actually salamanders. Can't find a picture on the net. When I search all
    I get is baby dogs.

Good to hear from you, Barry. I forgot what you said. You saw a production of
    Androcles and the Lion? Haha Do you have symptoms? Will pills solve the problem?

I just picked Red Bluff by searching on the net. Wanted some place that wasn't too big and had mild winters. Trip to Tombstone, AZ last fall was great, but when I looked on
    the net I found AZ and NM are too hot in the South and too cold in the North.

Have to go finish the dishes.

3. Granniluvsu

even though it ist to early to go to bed. DH is out to ameeting so I can check on the computer.

Julie - Jorgie sent a message to all on the other board. Hope things change for the better. Have a wonderful weekend coming up my dear. I am tired listening to all you have been doing lately.

Let me know how those sweet potatoes come out. Sounds almost like a dessert to me. Gee, you surely are a busy gal doing all that mowing. I couldn't do that I am afraid. However, you are a young thing :) !! The contractors whould be done sometime tomorrow afternoon I think. They said about 1/2 day. It sure looks cleaner and better.

Mickey - I think I forgot to say hi to you before. Hope work is doing well for you. Sorry Ashley is leaving you part time again. These young kids are so used to doing stuff all the time and being with their friends. Oh well, you will have to be hapy when she does come home You should be proud my dear.

Sounds like both the girls are doing well. Geez, I wish that my eldest grandson had 1/2 the drive she had. He still doesn't have a job. He was thinking about the AF and he chickened out on that one to. I have given up talking to him or our daughter. She doesn't want to hear any of it anymore fro us I am sure.

Barry - Hi there. Hope you are feeling OK. Glad you popped in on the Porch for a visit.

Hope your weather is good for putting up the pool this weekend. Getting ready for the party ??

More later everydobby !

4. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Dang, y'all! I can't even cook a pop-tart without creating a haz-mat incident!!! A buddy of mine swears the raw hot dogs will kill me.

Why does 20 minutes of cooking cause 2 hours of cleaning, anyway???

All this talk of food made me hungry. Gonna go see if there are any tater tots in the freezer...

Rock - Persimmons ain't fit to eat either! haha

And yes, mudpuppies are little muddy-brown colored salamanders that live near creeks & ponds. Fun to catch! Especially cuz I convinced the other kids they're poisonous! (They're not, of course.)
    [<i>This Message was Edited on 05/14/2009</i>]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/14/2009]
  5. jole

jole Member

I haven't been here for awhile now, and don't even remember what I said when I was! lol

Sounds like you've all been really busy...can tell spring is here with talk of home improvement, lawn mowing, gardening, vacations, fireflies, parties, kids home for vacation and plans to resettle to new (and better) locations. Wow, I missed out on a lot in a short time!

We have 3 graduations this weekend...I know I can't do the sitting in the gym thing, but hope to attend the parties long enough to give gifts and leave. It's a special day for them and fun to share even for a few minutes in their honor.

(Although I do have to say I remember being that age....not really caring as much as I should have about who was there, just about getting together with friends and getting gifts! LOL)
    I doubt that has changed much.....

Things here have been really busy for my hubby with all the farm work...wish I could do more to help. The past two days I did put out a few more flowers though, and am now doing the "duck waddle". My granddaughter has my walk down so well...we laugh and waddle along my 2 year old is trying it funny! Does anyone else walk like this sometimes?

Granni, Julie and Spring....yes, there is a post up on the other board, and I also hope things settle down...including me :). I need to learn to stop sometimes, and I'm trying.

It's great to see you back, Marta! I missed you....
    Linda, I'm happy to hear you're recovering and home now.
    Pippi, good to have you here also. My cooking skills are somewhat like yours these days, unless I have an extreme burst of energy.

Rock, let us know if that move happens...we may just have to move the porch so we can all come join you!!! Perfect (or near perfect) weather is hard to find....we'll let you do all the work for us!

Hello to everydobby else...will try to catch you on the next visit! And will save up some energy for the big party this weekend...don't end it without me! I can dance and sing since it's on the porch....or I'll be a spectator, since they're needed too! Granni, I hear you about needing tights to make my legs look good enough for a swim suit! lol Love to all***Jole***

BILLCAMO New Member

Just dropped by to say HI and let you know I'm still alive. I've dropped by to read some posts and haven't replied......shame on

I still love my family here there's just been a lot of things going on....

Blessings ,

7. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Yard work! As if! LOL!

I decided against eating & went to sit on the balcony instead. It's still amazing to me, watching night descend upon the Big City.

15 stories up to the sky-cave & not a lawn mower or weed whacker to contend with! I love it!!!

There are days, tho, when I think it'd be just grand to be somewhere, where all I hear is the wind in the trees.....
  8. Granniluvsu

A quick hi before DH gets back from the store and the workmen I here. Then I need to run to the store for a few things.

Julie - My dear you have worn me out just thinking about all you are doing today. Yes, I do agree with you on the other board. We have had this problem before and it keeps coming back, mostly from the same few people. We wiull see if this work.s If it doesn't I will be gone a lot.

Pippi - Hi I didn;t tell you that I love your bio pic. Gee, you are a young one sweetie ! I agree with you too about the no yard work. We do not have to move but have lots of weeding and cutting back of stuff. My back doesn't let me do to much at a time. It wouldn't bother me if I never did any yard work but we cannot afford to have it done by yard or garden people. Think you might could be one of my grandkids (I have 8 of them). Unfortunatly I only have one granddaughter the rest are grandsons !! Oh well !

Gotta run. DH is back again.

Love to everydobby,

9. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Glad you like my pic! A buddy had to talk me into letting him take my pic. Actually, he begged, pleaded, & cajoled for a solid month! LOL! I can't stand having my pic taken.
    At family gatherings, I'm that irritating person who always manages to throw my hands in front of my face, just as a pic is snapped. HaHa!
    BTW: Those bars behind me in the bio pic; No, I'm not in jail. LOL! I'm sitting on the floor of the balcony. Sturdy, solid bars up here on the 15th!

10. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Don't apologize for being whiney! We've earned the right!

Well... At least SOME of us agree, as I've learned from my recent post about why I think it's OK to feel sorry for ourselves sometimes.

I, for one, fully intend to be Whiney as I Wanna BE! LOL!

11. jole

jole Member

Okay, today I am definitely the bug, Cate. I only planted three perinneals yesterday that I received for Mother's Day from some of my kids...and I'm not doing anything today. It's so frustrating at times to watch life pass you by, as many of us know. And there's no such thing as pushing through it...the energy is totally not there to push with! I totally understand what you're saying.

By the way, Cate, I was re-reading some of the older posts and ran across the one where you were talking about the Old Governor's Mansion. It sounds like a wonderful place, and I would love working there with you....I'd have to churn the butter though, 'cause I remember doing that as a child, and I don't know a thing about wool spinning! Maybe Georgia could help us out on that one?

Deb, I hope warm weather is getting to your area. I feel so much better now with the warmer weather. The pain is less on some days, and I am definitely more relaxed.

Georgia, what a blessing for you to have your knitting classes going now. I'll bet you gals have a great time together as you teach. It also must be a relief to have everything over with your aunt, even though I know you'll miss her.

Mickey, boy it's hard sometimes watching our kids "fly away", isn't it? But they always come back, and one day your relationship will be different, but still great, as they totally begin their new lives. Oh yes, your pool will be ready for everyone at the party....this is the porch, remember??

Linda, I'm so happy to hear you're listening to your PT with the exercise. My BIL had his hip replaced in Jan....went to 3 therapy sessions, and was walking full weight bearing in 3 weeks. He's so darn stubborn! Now he's having a lot of problems with that knee, and may need surgery on it. Just from all the stress he put on it. I sure hope his hip does well, but he's really pushing it.

Marta, Sweetie, Barry, Bill~ it's great to hear from all of you again, and hope you stop by often so we can get caught up with all of you! Miss you when you're not here:)

Teacher and Pippi, it's good to have you on board. You add another spice to the mix!

The phone just rang....wrong number...but need to get this posted before I lose it. Will be back to the rest of you soon. Love to all...and thanks for the cookies and hugs***Jole***

12. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

What a beeeeeeautiful day it is here today, right Cate!!!!!!!!! I wish it was Saturday so I can be out in the backyard getting ready for the big Porch Party.

Oh geez, someone is calling me so i will post this and come back to edit it.

I am back, just got back from lunch too so my tummy is all nice and full.

Not much to report on my end, same as yesterday. Anyway, I am hoping hubby is up to getting the pool opened tomorrow or else I will start by myself, i can wait to get on one of those float beds and just hang out in the sun all day long in the water with all you guys. Oh and definetly have pina coladata's too. LOL

Have a wondeful day and i will check back in before i leave here today Porchies.

Bye for now.

[This Message was Edited on 05/15/2009]
  13. Granniluvsu

Just wanted to write a quick one to say that the guys are done with the painting and such and are finally gone. So now I have lots of stuff to do to put back together, even though they really were very good. Just wanted to mention that I am not sure how much I will be at the party tomorrow. I am sure DH will have lots of things to do outside and all plus I, with my usual stuff.

I also have somewhere to go tomorrow night, one of our Performing Arts shows. Does anyone (any of the older bunch ??) remember the Shirelles the black all girl group of the 50's Well, that is the group we are going to see coming up here to the country :) !! Obviously they are not all the originals, I am sure. It will be interesting to read the book we get with all tthe information about them as we go in.

Hope I get a chance to check in on the party and actually do my dance and whatever wlse that is going on. Wonder if there will be any more of the lampshades on heads, etc.

Hope Elaine will be there as she always somehow causes things to happen.

Mickey - thanks for the use of your pool for the party tomorrow :) !

Elaine - hope you get to come some my dear as it would be a quiet(er) one without you there. Hope your Mom gets to the point that she does not have to depend on you so much. Maybe if you weren;t around she would be more self reliant. Whata hard situation plus I know you are thrilled with the fact that your little brother is coming to live with your mom.

I ran all over to get the Melatonin and valerian root(sp). The Melatonin was not a problem but the Valarian root was. They were out at WM so I went to another store that didnt have it. I went also to CVS the didn;t either so I remembered a new health food store by my house that I wanted to try.. I knew it would be much more expensive there but I wanted to try it tonight. I will let you know how it goes. Wondereing if I should also take my 1/2 Flexeril to or not. BTW, havae you found any differences in the different brands of the valerian root or has your brother?

Julie - sorry about the rain and wet ground possibly changaing all of your plans with the family. Maybe you can take it easy (ha). I miss your daily devotional my friend.

It is beautiful here to0 but getting pretty hot and it is only May. Thanks goodness they have a/c everywhere which usually freezes me out.

Springwater - I hope you are doing well. I seem to have not remembered you being on this thread yet. Hope you are just busy !!

Jole - Enjoy all the graduations this weekend. You ust be so happy ahd proud of them all. Yes, I hear you about trying to keep in control. Sometimes it is not easy .

Hi also to Rock, Deb, Bill, Cate, Pippi, Linda, Joan, Carla, Monica and everydobby else I didn't mention.

Hope to get back later on to check on you all.

Love to everydobby,

[This Message was Edited on 05/15/2009]
  14. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

I just woke up from a "ninja-nap". Those are the ones that sneak up on me & knock me out cold! LOL!

& now there's a beauteously awful thunderstorm rolling in. I love storms!

PS: This is funny (sorta).
    I just turned on the TV news. The mayor-for-life had declared this "ride your bike to work day". A guy being interviewed said he "didn't know why he hadn't thought of doing this before". DUH! It's going-home rush hour now, & it's raining ax-handles out there!!![This Message was Edited on 05/15/2009]
  15. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I am scared...I am scared, I am worse than disability hearing is on Tuesday next week and I am a bundle of nerves. I have been waiting for the day since 07 and now I'm scared. Go figure!

I am in line after Lydia for Rock to do my dishes....after Lydia cooks for me of course:)'s never too early for nite-nite:)

Pippi...I'm with you, tater-tot's and pizza rolls!! That covers all the food groups except fruits, well no cause tomato are fruits, so there all covered:)

Hi Bill...good to see you again:) I miss your posts.

Jole...Still waiting on the warm weather...but I only want it to get about...70's to mid 70's. thats my perfect weather:) well I want to sun shine too...ok, we need rain too. Never mind I'm confusing myself:)

Hi to everyone I didn't mention...TTYL, the cat is trying to step all over the keyboard:)

16. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

It's normal to be scared. Those-Who-Hold-The-Power are about to make a decision that will affect your life in a major way.

This is a major big deal. We're here for ya!

17. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Had a little energy today. Went to el banquo
    this morning. Have been cleaning i.e., pushing boxes around and dusting.

I got rid of my long playing records, but have lots of cassettes and CDs. You know how collectors never have enough.

Was listening to an old Jack Benny show. The one with Ronald Coleman. Jack borrowed Ronnie's Oscar and then got held up. This is the classic show where the robber says, "Your money or your life."

After a long pause Jack says, "I'm thinking it over."

Don't know what lovebugs are, Granni. I remember a Disney movie by that name. Took my son to see it about 30 years ago. The star was a VW beetle.

Well, I have notes going back 2-3 days. Most of them I can't read. Pippi, what is your boy friend talking about? All hot dogs are cooked. There's no such thing as a raw hot dog.

Tried to see your picture, but no workee. The computer or the board is being very negative today.

Hope all the graduations go well, Jole. Wouldn't it be nice if there were an actual porch, conveniently located for all, and we could gather once a month or so?

Listen to Elaine and watch Granni dance and meet Carla's girls and play a game w/ Keira and just generally have a good time one and all. It would be so therapeutic.

Mickey's fruit salad would be great. Maybe the California state drink: the margarita. Never heard of avocados or margaritas before I came here.

Now I am addicted. I have a margarita a couple times a year. Avocados, I am sorry to say, have gone the way of all fruit. They still have color and texture, but the flavor disappeared years ago.

Hi Bill, drop by more often. Whenever you feel up to it.

Well, better post this before it all goes you know what.

18. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Rock - my buddy is a friend-boy - a buddy. I've SO given up on boy-fiends!!!!!

And that's what I tried to tell him! Hot dogs are already cooked! LOL!

My bio-pic is still there. Just took that one a few weeks ago![This Message was Edited on 05/15/2009]
  19. Granniluvsu

I just dropped off some sandwiches and snacks at Mickeys to put by the pool. Also made a big crockpot of nacho cheese dip for the tortilla chips. I also brought soe of my favorite Baileys and amaretto for later on. It is a little early to drink now but maybe I will have just one :) !

Mickey - you making your big fruit salad - yummy !!

Deb - try not to worry so abaout tuesday's haring. I know that must be hard Good luck sweetie.

Julie - you sound busy too. I also added my two cents to Jorgie's post so we will see!

Elaine - hope you can pop by to get this party started. Let me know and Iw ill try to be here for my big dance !

Hope to come back later as DH needs the space the computer. Hope some more people pop by for the party. I will be gone tonight so have to do what is possible during the day.

Yuck I have go do a bit of weeding. Just started a wash. I would love to go back to sleep if I knew I could and then also sleep tonight.

Hi and bye to all for now,

Love to everydobby,

20. Granniluvsu

Georgia - I think we are just celebrating the coming of summer. Mickey was going to finally open up her pool since their weather has been really raily and yucky the past few weekends. If there is anothe eason, I have forgotten it - not to unusal for me either :) !!

I am so sorry that your dad was being a total toot (for lack of a better word I guess and also not wanting to say nasty things on the board). You did your best my dear and so did Mr. M. I do not think you need to feel guilty any more. You surely did try. Domepeople just never change buat you did your best to reach out. Yes, it does hurt when family acts that way. I know, believe me.

Thanks for the strawberries for the party. I'll bring some shipped cream and angelfood cake. That is one of my favoprites and Julie's Dad or FUIL too. I keep forgetting who is who, Actually I do not even need whipped cream but I will bring some anyway.

Hope some of people pop in especially our hostess Mickey. Not sure if the pool is up yet or not to tell the truth. Maybe tomorrow was the party. If the pool is ready late today we'll just party later on or tomorrow. We can put our stuff in her refrig. I hope she has a big refrig. for all my stuff already.

TTYAL !