Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rich, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Rich

Rich New Member

Does this board have anything which tells me if a NEW post has been posted in a thread I have posted in already? It seems to be very cumbersome today just looking through all the posts. I have posted a few answers to people and I would have interest in their reply, but it will be hard to find my way back, like a maze. There is not even any indication on the board if I have a post in any particular thread (you know what I mean, like a thumbs up or something of the sort, marking a thread where I have posted so I will know). This will make it very hard to find any answers to anything I put out there. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my first day here.

Also, does the board distinguish between posts I have read and posts I have not read, and will it tell me this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Rich
  2. Rich

Rich New Member

Does this board have anything which tells me if a NEW post has been posted in a thread I have posted in already? It seems to be very cumbersome today just looking through all the posts. I have posted a few answers to people and I would have interest in their reply, but it will be hard to find my way back, like a maze. There is not even any indication on the board if I have a post in any particular thread (you know what I mean, like a thumbs up or something of the sort, marking a thread where I have posted so I will know). This will make it very hard to find any answers to anything I put out there. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my first day here.

Also, does the board distinguish between posts I have read and posts I have not read, and will it tell me this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Rich
  3. sickandtired

sickandtired New Member

The only thing that I saw was in the "view" part under where you logged in is a list of your last 10 posts you can click on and it will bring you right there. Also, the ones I read are always highlighted red and the unread topics are blue.
  4. sean

sean New Member

and you can view your recent posts without having to back page, it makes it easier to keep track of replies.
  5. BonBons

BonBons New Member

Hi Rich - I too want to say thanks for being so supportive of your wife. It is VERY difficult for people who have not experienced these symptoms and ill health to understand. All my life I've equated illness to weakness and I am finally beginning to be gentle with myself and thank God for all the times I came through - I was in bed the entire summer of 1974 - no clues as to the problem (always all in your head, think most people). I do believe in the mind-body connection but these illnesses and the devastation they wreak are real. Wanted to say I made it past that summer and another season in 1989, and many times until now. Still breathing so I'm not giving up. BonBons
  6. Rich

Rich New Member

and support, it means a lot. I hope I can contribute some here as well as get useful info which will help me and my wife. We have fighting this battle for 2 or 3 years and I am tired of trying to do it alone. By alone I mean the 2 of us. We know nothing but what the docs tell us and that is never good. It is like being in a huge forest and not knowing which way is the way out. It is a hopeless feeling and one I want to end.

Rich